Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Just curious if there are still climate change deniers among us

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Just curious if there are still climate change deniers among us

Post by Matt » Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:48 am

Nerds.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:18 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:48 am
Nerds.
Jealous.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:10 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:02 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:23 pm
Bryce wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:49 pm
Round Six wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:07 am

When Homo sapiens is ­finally gone, Earth will give a shudder of relief and clean itself up again, just as it ­always has, over and over, in its 4.6 billion years.

- David Petzal in Field & Stream
So he's saying that the Homo's are responsible for global warming?

imagine the above asked in a perfect Dick The Bruiser impersonation.
Your dick is bruised? Tell GG to slow down and stop biting.
Don't see GG around anymore. I think he's busy with his tongue up Neckbeard's anal cavity....BABBY!
He hit up matt1 with a "TMZ alert" of his own..."tickle my zipper". MW banned him..
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:35 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:51 am
I'm not sure I understand your last question.
I was just trying to get an idea where Consumers is with their residential rates. The only real way to compare rates is using an "all-in" cost, which is the total amount you're charged (including taxes, monthly bill cost, and any other fees that get added to the bill) and dividing that by the total kilowatt-hours that were delivered.

For example, here's the DTE rates going back over 10 years. They've been regularly ramping up, regardless of what DTE implies every time they go begging for rate increases. They've actually been going up all along.

This also affects any payback analysis when you're considering alternatives. DTE claims their current rates are around $0.19 but you can see in the graph they've been exceeding that for a bit. If the rates are really 10% higher than DTE claims, then the alternatives pay for themselves 10% sooner (roughly).

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:07 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:10 pm
Bryce wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Round Six wrote:

When Homo sapiens is ­finally gone, Earth will give a shudder of relief and clean itself up again, just as it ­always has, over and over, in its 4.6 billion years.

Don't see GG around anymore. I think he's busy with his tongue up Neckbeard's anal cavity....BABBY!
He hit up matt1 with a "TMZ alert" of his own..."tickle my zipper". MW banned him..
Did this also take taco out?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:28 pm

km1125 wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:35 pm
I was just trying to get an idea where Consumers is with their residential rates.
Last time I checked it was around 18.5 cents/kw-h. I don't know what percentage of that is subject to the 1.5x peak rate.

Nevertheless, I know my payback time is going to be a while since my location is less-than-optimal (lots of tree branch shade during parts of the day). It's just nice to have something for backup power and also know that some of my electricity use is now coming straight from the sun.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:11 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:10 pm
Bryce wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Round Six wrote:

G G was literally the best user here.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:16 am

I was going to start a new thread for this topic, but it fits here nicely. Has anybody noticed the media's intense obsession recently with the heatwave that is gripping the south? I mean it is just story after story after story, day after day after day, droning on and on and on about how hot it is in Texas, Arizona, and southern California. Is this really news? IT IS SUMMER (and the dead-middle of summer at that) ! It gets hot in the summer. Sometimes for weeks on end. And the heatwave down there, while breaking some specific records in some specific places, isn't really all that unusual.

Here is a temperature anomaly map for 2 PM EDT yesterday:

Most of the south is between 1-5 degrees above average. That's like us having a high in the mid-to-upper 80s. And nearly just as much of the country is equally below normal. And that map is pretty typical for the past few weeks, and the next few weeks look similar. When I was younger, we used to call this "the dog days of summer." But the media seems hell-bent on connecting this to climate change.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:34 am

bmw wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:16 am
I was going to start a new thread for this topic, but it fits here nicely. Has anybody noticed the media's intense obsession recently with the heatwave that is gripping the south? I mean it is just story after story after story, day after day after day, droning on and on and on about how hot it is in Texas, Arizona, and southern California. Is this really news? IT IS SUMMER (and the dead-middle of summer at that) ! It gets hot in the summer. Sometimes for weeks on end. And the heatwave down there, while breaking some specific records in some specific places, isn't really all that unusual.

Here is a temperature anomaly map for 2 PM EDT yesterday:

Most of the south is between 1-5 degrees above average. That's like us having a high in the mid-to-upper 80s. And nearly just as much of the country is equally below normal. And that map is pretty typical for the past few weeks, and the next few weeks look similar. When I was younger, we used to call this "the dog days of summer." But the media seems hell-bent on connecting this to climate change.
It’s mostly the length of that heat dome… it’s a length never before observed and it’s happening not just in the US but in several other places on the globe at the same time and some of those places have also never been that hot. When you add in all kinds of other places on the planet the same phenomenon is happening that looks rather worse.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:46 am

Well here's the global anomoly map:

The combination of Europe and Asia looks like pretty close to a wash, as does South America, with the above average areas only marginally outnumbering the below average areas. North America the same. Antarctica, while tough to tell on a map like this given how distorted things look at the poles, looks like a wash, if not slightly below average overall. The hottest region appears to be Africa and also much of Australia. But the only areas seeing anomalies beyond 8 degrees F is a few parts of Canada.

There's more red on this map than blue, no doubt, but not by an enormous margin when you consider that the air over the oceans, which comprise 2/3 of the earth by area, appears to be roughly average temperature overall with a slight bias towards above average.

It isn't really disputed that the Earth is warmer now than it was 30 years ago. My point with all of this was how obsessed the media is with this.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:26 am

Well, they get to go from "TEN MILLION AFFECTED" to "FIFTY MILLION AFFECTED" and now to "ONE HUNDRED MILLION AFFECTED".

I'm waiting or them to get into the billions.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:09 pm

Tweet

Ilhan Omar
@IlhanMN
The earth just broke the record for the hottest day in 120,000 years. In fact, we broke in on three separate days.
Then you wonder why there are skeptics. What a bunch of tripe from a leftist elected official. Does she expect anyone to believe that someone was keeping track of the daily temperature 20,000 years ago?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:17 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:09 pm
Tweet

Ilhan Omar
@IlhanMN
The earth just broke the record for the hottest day in 120,000 years. In fact, we broke in on three separate days.
Then you wonder why there are skeptics. What a bunch of tripe from a leftist elected official. Does she expect anyone to believe that someone was keeping track of the daily temperature 20,000 years ago?
Fossils found in glaciers, coral reefs, oceans, etc. give us this information. Do you think dinosaurs were imaginary? I know you're a skeptical about such things, but it is called "science".
The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:33 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:17 pm
Bryce wrote:
Tweet

Ilhan Omar
@IlhanMN
Fossils found in glaciers, coral reefs, oceans, etc. give us this information. Do you think dinosaurs were imaginary? I know you're a skeptical about such things, but it is called "science".
Yeah, and covid came from bats in a wet market, masks stopped the spread and the vaccine kept you from contracting. That was all science at one time too. The things you mention are merely conjecture of what temperatures MIGHT have been.

I'll give you this though. It's warmer today that it was during the Ice Age. Thank goodness for climate change.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:37 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:33 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:17 pm
Bryce wrote:
Tweet

Ilhan Omar
@IlhanMN
Yeah, and covid came from bats in a wet market, masks stopped the spread and the vaccine kept you from contracting. That was all science at one time too. The things you mention are merely conjecture of what temperatures MIGHT have been.

I'll give you this though. It's warmer today that it was during the Ice Age. Thank goodness for climate change.
Do you believe in evolution?
The censorship king from out of state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic