Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Do Today's Republican/Conservatives Need History Lessons?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
FakeAndyStuart

Do Today's Republican/Conservatives Need History Lessons?

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:38 pm

or are they just reading off the talking points from the Kremlin?

Candace Owens says Ukraine didn't exist before 1989.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/candace-owe ... ntil-1989/

Marjorie Taylor Green says that Ukraine would still be Russia without interference by America.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 38129.html

Madison Cawthorn shows his expertise on foreign affairs.

https://www.businessinsider.com/madison ... ion-2022-3

Matt

Re: Do Today's Republican/Conservatives Need History Lessons?

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:13 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:38 pm
or are they just reading off the talking points from the Kremlin?

Candace Owens says Ukraine didn't exist before 1989.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/candace-owe ... ntil-1989/

Marjorie Taylor Green says that Ukraine would still be Russia without interference by America.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 38129.html

Madison Cawthorn shows his expertise on foreign affairs.

https://www.businessinsider.com/madison ... ion-2022-3
MTG should be preparing for the derby, and I don't care what the Wheels the rapist has to say.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:20 pm

So I assume by your thread title that You believe Candace Owens and Majorie Taylor Green are mainstream representatives of the Republican party/Conservative movement?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:16 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:20 pm
So I assume by your thread title that You believe Candace Owens and Majorie Taylor Green are mainstream representatives of the Republican party/Conservative movement?
They both do enough fundraisers to no longer be fringe. Own your party's shit.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:06 am

bmw wrote:
Valid question. They seem to speak to the movement in the same way the former President does, attacking both liberals and "RINO's" and advancing the Populist wing of the party/movement. Perhaps there is more than one "movement" going on? The Democratic Party is in total disarm, with folks like AOC and the "Squad". Are they mainstream? No. They are using some of the same strategies as the conservatives mentioned above - primary challenges against incumbents and pressure to push legislation in a progressive direction.

However, I rarely here that side blatantly misrepresenting history and "facts." Until we can all agree on some sort of basic history and reality, we will not be able to recover as a country. As always, your mileage may vary.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:11 pm

bmw wrote:
Owens is pretty mainstream on the right and has been for a while. The Trump faction that still controls the party at the moment is cool with MTG generally. Next question.

Deleted User 15773

Post by Deleted User 15773 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:17 am

Being intelligent and belonging to The Republican Party does not coalesce. Being wise is not supporting The State in any fashion.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:07 pm

bmw wrote:
Most of America see these people as a respresentation of the New GOP.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:00 pm

This is what passes for knowledge of history in the Republican party these days-

Sen. Marsh Blackburn (R-Tenn) recently sent out this tweet:

"The Constitution grants us rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happyness - not abortions"

If you made it through elementary school then you're probably aware that the phrase is from the Declaration of Independence not the US Constitution. Even more pathetic is she's on the Senate Judiciary Committee.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:44 pm

While you are technically correct about the origin of that phrase, you left out the very next sentence from the Declaration:
--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.
...which is kind of the whole point of the Constitution - to secure those rights.

Moreover, the left claims repeatedly that the right to have an abortion is found within the 14th Amendment of the Constitution, even though the Constitution does not explicitly spell out such a right.

So yeah, I'd say your view on this is a tad bit biased.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:51 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:44 pm
While you are technically correct about the origin of that phrase, you left out the very next sentence from the Declaration:
--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.
...which is kind of the whole point of the Constitution - to secure those rights.

Moreover, the left claims repeatedly that the right to have an abortion is found within the 14th Amendment of the Constitution, even though the Constitution does not explicitly spell out such a right.

Technically correct is the best kind of correct. I was simply quoting verbatim what Blackburn's comment was. If you want to get pedantic and pissy about it, take it up with Blackburn.

Here's the twitter she posted: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/marsha-b ... fd81376335

Now kindly fuck off...

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:04 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:51 pm
bmw wrote:

Technically correct is the best kind of correct. I was simply quoting verbatim what Blackburn's comment was. If you want to get pedantic and pissy about it, take it up with Blackburn.

Here's the twitter she posted: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/marsha-b ... fd81376335

Now kindly fuck off...
I'm old enough to remember when you two were in complete agreement two days ago.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:24 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:04 pm
bmw wrote:

Now kindly fuck off...
I'm old enough to remember when you two were in complete agreement two days ago.
It was a ripple in the time/space continuum. No need to be alarmed. Feel free to go about your normal daily activities.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:07 pm

Now kindly fuck off...
If I'm going to get pissy about anything, it is her use of the word "grant" as the Constitution doesn't grant us any rights; those rights are self-evident.

Our right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are all indeed rights protected by the Constitution.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic