Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Where is Dr. Fauci?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Where is Dr. Fauci?

Post by bmw » Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:50 pm

We haven't heard from the Fauch-meister for a while. As the country is in a race to get rid of mask mandates, including even in the most liberal of places, Fauci is nowhere to be seen. Covid cases, while down SIGNIFICANTLY from a little over a month ago, are still at over 60,000 new cases a day. Why isn't Fauci doing the TV circuit, telling everyone to keep wearing their masks?

Matt

Re: Where is Dr. Fauci?

Post by Matt » Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:02 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:50 pm
We haven't heard from the Fauch-meister for a while. As the country is in a race to get rid of mask mandates, including even in the most liberal of places, Fauci is nowhere to be seen. Covid cases, while down SIGNIFICANTLY from a little over a month ago, are still at over 60,000 new cases a day. Why isn't Fauci doing the TV circuit, telling everyone to keep wearing their masks?
Prison for treason?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:06 pm

Maybe he's looking for a new overseas lab to fund so he can continue his "experiments"!

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:53 pm

Who cares? Good riddance.
"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:00 am

Face masks reduce transmissibility of virus and bacterial particles considerably if worn and handled properly:

https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2014564118

https://www.abc12.com/coronavirus/unive ... 1d7fe.html

There are some viruses that are able to penetrate mask media (especially non-medical grade) rather successfully, however. Rhinovirus is such an example. Perhaps the Omicron variant of COVID shares such attributes.

What were Fauci's alleged treasonous actions, Matt?
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:20 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:00 am
Face masks reduce transmissibility of virus and bacterial particles considerably if worn and handled properly:

https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2014564118

https://www.abc12.com/coronavirus/unive ... 1d7fe.html

There are some viruses that are able to penetrate mask media (especially non-medical grade) rather successfully, however. Rhinovirus is such an example. Perhaps the Omicron variant of COVID shares such attributes.

What were Fauci's alleged treasonous actions, Matt?
Aiding and abetting a foreign enemy (China) to the United States. I'm not saying that his actions in running cover for China are definitely treasonous, but it should be looked into. I hope in 2023 the new Congress opens a full-scale investigation into this government's actions relating to the origin of covid.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:28 am

How has he "aided and abetted" China to the detriment of the U.S.?

I know Fauci has claimed the NIH has never funded gain of function research at WIV, and that statement by him is controversial. Even if that is an intentional lie by Fauci (it could be), I'm not sure how that rises to treason. Perjury? That is a possibility.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:33 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:28 am
How has he "aided and abetted" China to the detriment of the U.S.?
I believe that the dismissal of the lab leak theory for covid benefitted China and was a detriment to the rest of the world. That alone is an impetus to launch an investigation. Why was he so insistent on dismissing the theory? What was his personal interest in shutting that down? Was it all about CYA in regards to gain of function activity? This virus has fucked us all over for two years and there are a lot of unanswered questions regarding this guy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:38 am

How would our response to the health emergency have been any different?

I do agree an investigation is warranted, but the primary aim should be to determine if U.S. taxpayer dollars funded controversial pandemic pathogen gain of function virus research, whether at WIV or elsewhere. If it is indeed determined such research occurred on our dime, then attention can be turned to whether Fauci perjured himself when testifying to Congress.

It is important to note that Fauci has never been a Director of the NIH, the most probable source of any federal funding for the Wuhan lab studies. Perhaps ire needs to be turned toward the NIH head.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:41 am

I think it's likely that he used his celebrity to cover for himself or his superiors at DHHS.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:44 am

If he was covering for anyone, it would be the NIH.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:50 am

Putting the WaPo's dismissive editorializing aside, this article does lay out some decent questions worthy of Congressional and perhaps Justice Department inquiry:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... -research/

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:06 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:44 am
If he was covering for anyone, it would be the NIH.
The NIH is in the DHHS.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:11 am

You are correct, but the NIH has no authority over Fauci. Could he be covering for friends of his over there? It is a possibility.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:52 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:00 am
Face masks reduce transmissibility of virus and bacterial particles considerably if worn and handled properly...

There are some viruses that are able to penetrate mask media (especially non-medical grade) rather successfully, however. Rhinovirus is such an example. Perhaps the Omicron variant of COVID shares such attributes...
That "if worn and handled properly" caveat is an important one, and even a 5th-grader could have figured out very early on that most people were not wearing or handling their masks properly. But the government didn't care. All they wanted was that symbolic gesture of you wearing your mask in public, so as to make sure nobody forgot (A) that the GOVERNMENT was in charge of this, and (B) that there is a pandemic going on. The government's mask policies, mandates, and recommendations (at all levels) were seldom rooted in actual science; it was an exercise of control.

As to the question of whether Omicron specifically, why speculate on this? If that is indeed the case, why doesn't Dr. Fauci go on the TV circuit and tell everybody "hey, masks aren't doing much of anything to slow the spread of Omicron, and that is why mask mandates are disappearing"? I personally don't think "Omicron" is relevant. I don't think that masks were particularly good at slowing the spread of ANY of the variants. It's not like Omicron was "smaller" than the others to get through the mask better.

My speculation is much simpler: It is an election year, and mask mandates aren't polling well at the moment. The science was never relevant to government policy in this regard, and that is no different now. The mandates are disappearing at lightning speed because they're hurting Democrats running for re-election in 2022. The fact that they're disappearing without any fanfare or explanation from people like Fauci I think backs up my speculation.

I also find the timing of Congressional rules regarding Congressmen and women having to wear masks while in the Congressional chambers being suspended JUST BEFORE the SOTU Address to be highly suspect. This was done for one reason. Had the mask rules still been in place, I can guarantee you that most Republicans would have refused to wear their masks during the address, and Democrats didn't want that imagery of one side of Congress wearing masks (Democrats) and the other side not. So again, pure politics.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic