Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

It's time to start shaming people like this

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

It's time to start shaming people like this

Post by Matt » Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:10 am

https://www.denverpost.com/2022/02/26/a ... mber-away/
Dear Amy: Two weeks ago, my husband, who was not being careful enough, came down with COVID-19.

I duly reported this to the person who is in charge of a weekly outdoor gathering I attend with some other people.

I said that we were taking serious precautions to ensure that I didn’t catch the disease, and that I had tested negative for the past five days.

I wasn’t surprised that my offer to skip the meeting that week was accepted.

I was distressed, however, to discover that the organizer had still included me in the group text announcing the event. (Our gathering is dependent on weather and other factors and hadn’t occurred for some weeks.)

It was painful to see all the outcries of joy from the other members that we would be meeting. Despite the measures I took to remove myself from the group text, I continued to receive messages.

This week I was again included in the group text, then privately contacted to query my testing status. I reported that I had tested negative eight times, but was asked to verify negative results for both me and my husband.

I said that our doctor’s office had told my husband not to waste a test because he would probably show being positive for some weeks, even though he was no longer contagious per CDC advisories.

I understand that people are worried about COVID, but is it wrong to expect some common courtesy? If someone is not really invited to an event, isn’t it cruel to include that person in a group text?

- Lonely judgmental bitch
In this case, both LJB and the group are deserving of shaming. The woman reached peak Karen status by BLAMING her husband for getting covid AND telling this group of idiots about the situation. This behavior is despicable.

It's also time for these clowns to remove their Elizabeth Warren stickers.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Motown322

Re: It's time to start shaming people like this

Post by Motown322 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:07 am

What is this "waste a test" bullshit??? That's what they're for!!!

Ben Zonia

Re: It's time to start shaming people like this

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:30 am

Substitute various STDs in place of COVID. Does that point out the hypocrisy, or how you feel about the reactions?
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic