Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Petty, sore loser Donald Trump is trying to cost Republicans a Senate seat in Arizona

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Petty, sore loser Donald Trump is trying to cost Republicans a Senate seat in Arizona

Post by Matt » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:01 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/17/politics ... index.html

Why some in the right are still carrying this loser's water is something I'll never understand. To them, good: trying to steal an election that you lost that you had NO BUSINESS LOSING and bad: the opponent you beat in 2016 trying to steal that election.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Re: Petty, sore loser Donald Trump is trying to cost Republicans a Senate seat in Arizona

Post by Honeyman » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:05 pm

Any sensible individual...which means "not a Trumper"...knows that he cost them the Senate with his Georgia shenanigans. Hopefully, it'll continue here.
The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Re: Petty, sore loser Donald Trump is trying to cost Republicans a Senate seat in Arizona

Post by Bryce » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:22 pm

As the New York Times noted in a piece over the weekend, Ducey has received encouragement from the likes of former President George W. Bush and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell to make a bid.
McConnell's endorsement means this guy is seen as someone McConnell thinks he can control. McConnell is NOT good for our country. I would work against his candidate too. His record for fighting the fights that need to be fought is quite poor.

He only scores 40 percent on conservative issues.

Or, as Matt might put it, McConnell is a piece of shit. His support is an automatic no for me.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:52 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:22 pm
As the New York Times noted in a piece over the weekend, Ducey has received encouragement from the likes of former President George W. Bush and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell to make a bid.
McConnell's endorsement means this guy is seen as someone McConnell thinks he can control. McConnell is NOT good for our country. I would work against his candidate too. His record for fighting the fights that need to be fought is quite poor.

Or, as Matt might put it, McConnell is a piece of shit. His support is an automatic no for me.
Did you vote for John James?

https://rollcall.com/2020/09/16/michiga ... mcconnell/
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:10 pm

From the cheap seats here in Arizona I think the larger issue for Republicans in this race is Mark Kelly himself. He's fairly well regarded by most people and hasn't made any blunders to speak of in his time in DC. Personally I don't think Ducey is going to run anyway. Between his poor handling of the state's COVID response and going back a few years, reneging on promises made to educators with respect to funding I just don't see many folks clamoring to see much more of him after he leaves office this fall.

As far as other GOP candidates, AG Brnovich is carrying around a lot of baggage for his part in the recount fiasco. There's also alpha male Jim Lamon who surprisingly didn't get shot by his own men while he was in the service and Blake Masters, a young-ish VC backed by Peter Thiel who does have the bona fides of actually having something of an endorsement by Trump. If anybody is going to give Kelly trouble I think it's that guy. The eventual GOP candidate will get the spot through attrition, not because they are head and shoulders better than the rest of the field.

All that said I still think Kelly will be reelected. He's kept a pretty low profile doing the kind of things a Senator should be doing. There's no showboating with him and more importantly he's pretty much dispelled all the opposing campaign rhetoric that said he was going to take people's guns away, turn Arizona into California and a bunch more nonsense. IIRC he did quite well with independants and I don't expect to see that changing. If the GOP has any hope to see a Republican as an Arizona Senator, they're going to have to wait and have at it with Sinema who might not even make it out of the Democratic primary. She's already running campaign ads and that election is four years away. Her best bet is to drop the charade and switch parties.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:54 am

Bryce wrote:

The Republican Party uses its supporters to win elections by talking about issues it doesn’t give a rats ass about. Their only real goal is tax cuts. That’s literally it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:02 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:52 pm

Did you vote for John James?

https://rollcall.com/2020/09/16/michiga ... mcconnell/
I did. Pray tell, who's running against James in the primary?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:27 am

Bryce wrote:
McConnell is a piece of shit. His support is an automatic no for me.
This is the sort of comment that fascinates me. Senator McConnell has been the GOP's best asset, especially during the Trump years. He singlehandedly gave President Trump a Supreme Court justice to nominate, navigated a change to the filibuster rules that hasn't yet backfired, and ramrodded thru all the tax and regulation cuts.. and despite all that now he is a "piece of shit." Wow. Is it all about the former President? That seems very severe.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:29 am

It's fascinating to me that people on the right need to put Trump in the past.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:53 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:29 am
Let's be honest here. If Trump gets the nomination, whether you will admit to it here or not, when you are in the voting booth, you WILL vote for Trump.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:41 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:53 am
Matt wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:29 am
Let's be honest here. If Trump gets the nomination, whether you will admit to it here or not, when you are in the voting booth, you WILL vote for Trump.
I'll never say never (again), but it would take a hell of a lot for me to consider that.

I meant to type the following: it's fascinating to me that people on the right do not comprehend the need to put Trump in the past.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:16 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:41 pm
I meant to type the following: it's fascinating to me that people on the right do not comprehend the need to put Trump in the past.
Because with all his personal shortcomings, his policy, and the things he fought for, was the most "right" President since Reagan.

I don't get why Republicans don't get that. Unless, most Republicans aren't conservative and don't believe in those principles.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:24 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:16 pm
Matt wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:41 pm
Because with all his personal shortcomings, his policy, and the things he fought for, was the most "right" President since Reagan.

I don't get why Republicans don't get that. Unless, most Republicans aren't conservative and don't believe in those principles.
Anything good that happened under Trump was in spite of him, not because of him. Credit McConnell for getting the SCJs confirmed.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:09 am

My view of McConnell is more favorable than unfavorable.

Kevin McCarthy is a different story; that guy is a slimy empty suit.

Trump has proven himself unfit for office. Zero chance of me voting for him if he runs again. I will vote for a third party candidate or write in a name, if necessary.

A guy with similar policy positions who won't try to shit all over the separation of powers portion of the Constitution and who doesn't habitually engage in shady business dealings must be out there somewhere.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:24 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:09 am
My view of McConnell is more favorable than unfavorable.

Kevin McCarthy is a different story; that guy is a slimy empty suit.

Trump has proven himself unfit for office. Zero chance of me voting for him if he runs again. I will vote for a third party candidate or write in a name, if necessary.

A guy with similar policy positions who won't try to shit all over the separation of powers portion of the Constitution and who doesn't habitually engage in shady business dealings must be out there somewhere.
What if it is Hillary vs. Trump and it's competitive?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic