Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Russia to attack Ukraine at any time?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 9015

Russia to attack Ukraine at any time?

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:22 pm

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/us ... 022-02-11/

According to audiophile, truckers are the baddest dudes on the planet, maybe we should send the ones blocking the US-Canada border to Ukraine :lol

I am sure that this is all going down because Biden is [insert descriptors that conservative media is brainwashing their acolytes to use today].

Turkeytop

Re: Russia to attack Ukraine at any time?

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:17 pm

I have a better idea for the truckers and their anti-vax and Nazi hangers on. The Windsor cops should wait until the coldest day of the week, then let them have it with fire hoses.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:49 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:17 pm
I have a better idea for the truckers and their anti-vax and Nazi hangers on. The Windsor cops should wait until the coldest day of the week, then let them have it with fire hoses.
Then they can freeze and we can make them shatter using my tank mortar idea. Cool plan. Clay shooting on steroids.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:13 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:49 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:17 pm
Then they can freeze and we can make them shatter using my tank mortar idea. Cool plan. Clay shooting on steroids.
I think they're dopey, but they're standing up for something they believe in. I think they have accomplished all they will accomplish, they got people talking and had their voices heard, so I think its time for them to disburse, but even though I disagree with their position, at least they are trying to challenge unfairness where they believe it exists.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:20 pm

They are a lawless mob and they're strangling our economy. 90% of truckers are vaccinated and want to be working. These idiots are preventing them from going to work and doing their jobs,

Auto plants In Ontario and Michigan are being forced to shut down production because they can't get the parts they need.

If you follow the money, much of the funding for the protest is coming from extreme right wing groups in the US.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:26 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:20 pm
They are a lawless mob and they're strangling our economy. 90% of truckers are vaccinated and want to be working. These idiots are preventing them from going to work and doing their jobs,

Auto plants In Ontario and Michigan are being forced to shut down production because they can't get the parts they need.

If you follow the money, much of the funding for the protest is coming from extreme right wing groups in the US.
Yes, and they are planning on blocking DC soon.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:38 pm

These "Truckers" are the darlings of FOX NEWS.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:53 pm

Turkeytop wrote:

I don't disagree with any of this, but still, even as I disagree with the truckers, it takes an asshole to make shit happen, and if you're wrong about what you're being an asshole about, then it has a way of jumping up and biting your ass later on. I don't want to live in a world where people don't challenge what they see as unfairness, sometimes using methods that are disruptive or even that can cause some economic pain.

The other side of the coin is that they have accomplished getting people talking about this, and it seems that most people, myself included, disagree with them. So that says to me that it's time to disburse. They lost. But I can't hate on them for putting up a fight.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:23 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:53 pm
I don't want to live in a world where people don't challenge what they see as unfairness, sometimes using methods that are disruptive or even that can cause some economic pain.

The same logic could be used to defend the insurrectionists at your Capitol. They were challenging the unfairness of Trump losing the election.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:31 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:23 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
I don't want to live in a world where people don't challenge what they see as unfairness, sometimes using methods that are disruptive or even that can cause some economic pain.

The same logic could be used to defend the insurrectionists at your Capitol. They were challenging the unfairness of Trump losing the election.
They weren't disruptive, they were destructive.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:49 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:31 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:23 pm
Neckbeard wrote:

They weren't disruptive, they were destructive.
These assholes are more than disruptive. My late father was a WWII vet. A mob that pisses on our National War Memorial gets zero sympathy or support from me.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:05 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:

I don't disagree with any of this, but still, even as I disagree with the truckers, it takes an asshole to make shit happen, and if you're wrong about what you're being an asshole about, then it has a way of jumping up and biting your ass later on. I don't want to live in a world where people don't challenge what they see as unfairness, sometimes using methods that are disruptive or even that can cause some economic pain.

The other side of the coin is that they have accomplished getting people talking about this, and it seems that most people, myself included, disagree with them. So that says to me that it's time to disburse. They lost. But I can't hate on them for putting up a fight.
I wonder if there were more productive ways to get their word out? All kidding aside they may have hurt their cause more than helped it by gumming up the works.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:25 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:05 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:

I wonder if there were more productive ways to get their word out? All kidding aside they may have hurt their cause more than helped it by gumming up the works.
They most likely did! That's the downside of pulling an asshole move when you're wrong on something.

I feel like people had more patience for the George Floyd protests because while there was major damage done in a handful of them, it amplified the frustration of people about the abusive behavior common among police.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:39 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:25 pm
Rate This wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:

They most likely did! That's the downside of pulling an asshole move when you're wrong on something.

I feel like people had more patience for the George Floyd protests because while there was major damage done in a handful of them, it amplified the frustration of people about the abusive behavior common among police.
So in your view the broad opinion of the public goes a long way to determine the outcome and the reception of the protesters?

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:10 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:39 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:25 pm
Rate This wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:

So in your view the broad opinion of the public goes a long way to determine the outcome and the reception of the protesters?
You could say that. The purpose of protesting should be to raise awareness and to try to influence people about a cause, so that seems to fit with the idea that the broad opinion of the public can help determine the outcome and reception of protesters.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic