Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Russia to attack Ukraine at any time?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Chrocket87

Re: Russia to attack Ukraine at any time?

Post by Chrocket87 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:03 pm

Remember when leftists were in favor of blocking roads for protests?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollin ... 45871/amp/

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:23 pm

Chrocket87 wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:03 pm

No not particularly.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:36 pm

Windsor Police have cleared the Ambassador Bridge crossing.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:03 pm

Chrocket87 wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:03 pm

Leftists never supported blocking one of the biggest channels of commerce in North America. Canada gets 1/3 of its trade through that bridge. Michigan gets tons too.

A lot of BLM protests were on side streets in big cities and short bursts in the burbs(btw, mostly by peaceful people). I witnessed the CONS clutch their pearls here in Warren when two rallies and one march went off with ZERO violence, which is pretty miraculous considering Warren's history of racism as a sun down town.

The only exception where there was violence was Minneapolis, and that was justified due to Chauvin. Minneapolis was the only protest that went on for days.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:47 pm

Rand Paul is encouraging similar protests in the US.

https://www.thewrap.com/rand-paul-truck ... uper-bowl/
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:49 pm

lol this thread is very off topic

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:47 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:47 pm
Rand Paul is encouraging similar protests in the US.

https://www.thewrap.com/rand-paul-truck ... uper-bowl/
Fantastic. And they’ll be aided and elevated by foreign bots many of which are from Russia. Back on topic.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:20 am

All Biden has to say is "If one Russian soldier crosses into Ukraine, then all of Russia will be a mushroom farm". But he probably won't.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:04 pm

And we are off to the races… they have invaded.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:13 am

The Russians have invaded. We are at war. Let's pop some nukes and teach them a lesson.

We have to let Putin know several things:
- Ukraine WILL be joining NATO
- Those two 'Peoples Republics' Putin declared are part of Ukraine, not independent states;
- Crimea belongs to Ukraine;
- We ARE going to put missiles and bombers in Ukraine;
- We ARE going to stop Russian from taking more territory away from democratic countries;
- We DO want to menace Russia; they are the aggressor;
- Other free countries ARE going to intervene; if Russia takes any action against them, the United States will get involved.

If the US gets involved, it will ultimately be World War IV. (World War III is the Global War on Terror.)

Let's get it over with and pop some nukes now. A bunch of sanctions that the Russians laugh at will do no good.

kager

Post by kager » Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:37 am

Listening to the hyperventilating talking heads on SNL / NBC's Today reporting on it this morning is not an enjoyable end-user experience.
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:56 am

Like I said 4 days ago...
bmw wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:31 am
I'm sure Putin is shaking in his boots.

So what's it gonna be Kamala? What's going to be our "tough response"?
MUNICH, Germany — Vice President Kamala Harris stood beside Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy on Saturday, vowing U.S. support for a nation on the brink of war shortly after warning in a speech that the U.S. and allies would punish Russia if it invades its neighbor.

“The United States stands with Ukraine,” Harris said at the outset of a meeting between the two leaders and a small group of aides. “Any threats to your country, we take seriously, and we have rallied our allies and our partners to speak with one voice.”
“This is our land, and the only thing we want is peace,” said Zelenskyy, who also urged the U.S. to immediately impose sanctions on Russia and not wait for further incursions into Ukraine. “We are grateful to you,” he told Harris, “for your understanding that the sanctions may bring about a peaceful resolution of this matter.”
Well that worked out real well, didn't it?

All criticism of Harris aside, I don't think there's really much the United States CAN do right now. Putin saw weakness in the Ukraine, and weakness in any response that may have come from the west, and pounced. This was all too predictable, and I found it laughable 2 days ago to hear people (in particular, some conservatives) speculate that when Putin declared independence for several Ukraine territories that that may have been all he wanted.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:14 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:56 am
Like I said 4 days ago...
bmw wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:31 am
I'm sure Putin is shaking in his boots.

So what's it gonna be Kamala? What's going to be our "tough response"?
MUNICH, Germany — Vice President Kamala Harris stood beside Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy on Saturday, vowing U.S. support for a nation on the brink of war shortly after warning in a speech that the U.S. and allies would punish Russia if it invades its neighbor.

“The United States stands with Ukraine,” Harris said at the outset of a meeting between the two leaders and a small group of aides. “Any threats to your country, we take seriously, and we have rallied our allies and our partners to speak with one voice.”
“This is our land, and the only thing we want is peace,” said Zelenskyy, who also urged the U.S. to immediately impose sanctions on Russia and not wait for further incursions into Ukraine. “We are grateful to you,” he told Harris, “for your understanding that the sanctions may bring about a peaceful resolution of this matter.”
Well that worked out real well, didn't it?

All criticism of Harris aside, I don't think there's really much the United States CAN do right now. Putin saw weakness in the Ukraine, and weakness in any response that may have come from the west, and pounced. This was all too predictable, and I found it laughable 2 days ago to hear people (in particular, some conservatives) speculate that when Putin declared independence for several Ukraine territories that that may have been all he wanted.
Unfortunately for Putin the sanctions and economic fallout for Russia will likely cripple his economy. Russia really relies on certain outside forces to sustain itself… Europe is a big one. If they suddenly cut off trade, oil exports, exclude them from the international banking system and other things it will hurt quite badly. Their problem is that their economy really isn’t very good… I’m not sure it really ever has been strong.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:05 am

These sanctions are not going to do much, at least in the short term. What we need to do is to CONFISCATE his assets, not FREEZE them.

Also, it has been 3 days since Ukraine was attacked. Why have we not blown some nukes in Russia yet?

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:34 am

Apparently Putin doesn't fear assassination by women. Only men (speculation was that he didn't sit near his advisors out of fear of one of them assassinating them). So now to appear less distant, he did a photo-opp sitting near women pilots. And btw - those women all look oh-so-thrilled to be there. /sarcasm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic