Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Denmark drops most of its Covid-19 Restrictions

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Denmark drops most of its Covid-19 Restrictions

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:07 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:15 pm
Preventing cross border commerce by blocking major roadways for days on end absolutely should result in arrest as well as impounding of the semi trucks. Law enforcement should record all license plate data. Truckers and their companies should be fined heavily. Commercial driving license suspension should also be considered. The Canadian government's wimpy response is astonishing to me.

I haven't seen striking workers block public roadways in ages, but if they were to engage in such conduct and refused to obey law enforcement, they should be arrested, too.
The CONS told me it was okay as long as BLM doesn't do it.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:08 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:11 pm
Plus truckers are like bikers - you don't pick a fight with them.
Hasn't the State of Michigan had to shut down several rest stops because of truckers having sex in the public bathrooms?

I think you watch too many movies. Most truckers are either fat, dumpy dudes or Indian/Arab.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:07 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:11 pm
They interviewed several of the local big-rig tow truck drivers and said they would refuse to tow them. Game, set, match.

Also putting non-vaxed truckers in jail would create more Covid cases than just giving the drivers what they are asking for!

Arresting them is a VERY bad idea. There is already a driver shortage, just give them a Covid waiver, and lets move on.

Plus truckers are like bikers - you don't pick a fight with them.
What in the world are you talking about? I’ve seen bikers and I see truckers every day up close… the two are wholly unrelated.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:40 am

The freedom brigade supporters are oblivious to their hypocrisy on border crossing policy.

They (rightfully) call for restrictions at the U.S. / Mexico border - even citing COVID risk as cause for such restrictions - but seemingly want minimum restrictions at the U.S. / Canada border.

Perhaps Canada doesn't want American truckers with American insurance or no insurance taking up its hospital beds.

I agree with easing restrictions with regard to Canadian citizens returning to Canada, but continuing them for foreigners makes sense, in my view.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:10 am

My random thoughts on the trucker situation:

1 - You can't block traffic on a major highway (or any road for that matter). Period. The cause you're protesting for/against is irrelevant to this.

2 - There is hypocrisy abounds on both sides. I agree with MW as it pertains to the hypocrisy on the part of supporters of the protest. But I would add that there is equal hypocrisy here in the states on the part of the left who has no problem with a wide open southern border without restrictions but wants tight restrictions on the northern border.

3 - Just an observation - and perhaps this is true for most protests. People's opinions on what is acceptable behavior and what is not acceptable behavior when it comes to protesting seems to be based on the cause being protested rather than the method of protest when it should be the other way around. Burning buildings is always bad. Blocking roads is always bad. Looting is always bad.

4 - The mainstream media specifically has a MUCH higher tolerance for what the left should get away with when they're protesting leftist causes than they do for what the right should get away with when they're protesting government overreach. They've become much more "activist" in their role in recent years as opposed to just reporting the news.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:18 pm

When it comes to "blocking roads", they should just be towed if they're parking their vehicle in the middle of the thoroughfare or putting other obstructions in the roadway (like the BLM folks who were putting dumpsters and moved concrete blocks in the way). Why they were never towed initially is because of spineless leadership who **know** they would be called out as hypocrites for not doing the same when their radicals were doing the same thing. Those "leaders" are there to enforce the law, not pick and choose which laws they want to support and when they care to enforce them. The GOVERNMENT should treat EVERYONE the same with consideration to the LAWS that are on the books. That whole concept of the 'laws for thee and not more me" has got to end.

That said, I have NO problem if 1000 trucks converge on any particular area and ultimately cause the same kind of gridlock to get their message across, whether it's in Montreal, Ottawa or LA during the Superbowl!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:37 pm

Very good post, bmw. I agree with those thoughts.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic