Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Jussie Smollett and the "N-word"

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Chrocket87

Re: Jussie Smollett and the "N-word"

Post by Chrocket87 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:43 pm

He was an actor on a TV show “Empire”. Can’t say I ever saw it or even heard of him until this incident.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:14 pm

Motown322 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:43 pm
Audiophile loves this guy. Never forget.
Yep. And that’s why he and I are no longer friends.
Last edited by MotorCityRadioFreak on Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:16 pm

This will be a boost to his career. Celebrities' have people on staff who are paid to keep their name in the news. Bad publicity is better than no publicity.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:28 pm

Actually, this is a very interesting sociology study.

Kyle Rittenhouse

The left: "Racist, White supremist, murderer."
Jury of peers. "Not Guilty."

Jussie Smollett

The left: "We support you, hate crime, modern day lynching."

Jury of peers, "Guilty."
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 15716

Post by Deleted User 15716 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:45 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:24 pm
So, I've never heard of this Smollett character. Was he some kind of celebrity before all of this? Or is he just some nobody who gained notoriety by doing whatever it is he did?
Like others have said, he's an actor on a TV show.
I think you are right when you say "If it wasn't for this, few would of heard of him".

I myself don't understand the big deal with him and his trial.
Especially on NBC. Two or three nights ago, his trial was the second story of Nightly News with Lester. The SECOND story.
The Today show on NBC has been covering it like the Queen is coming. First Al "Weebles" Roker talks about it.
Then they go to a reporter live in Chicago to tell us more. Then back to Roker in the studio to put the ribbons on it.
Every day for at least 5 days now.

I mean, the Smollett story is sort of interesting. But IMO not an important news story.
I kind of feel the same way about the chick that's on trial for being in cahoots with Epstein. (I don't care enough to goggle her name real quick, sorry). Is this really breaking news worthy of so much coverage?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:51 pm

Any story involving a celebrity is big news. We're expected to care
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:08 pm

Joie Vivre wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:45 pm

I kind of feel the same way about the chick that's on trial for being in cahoots with Epstein. (I don't care enough to goggle her name real quick, sorry). Is this really breaking news worthy of so much coverage?
She and Epstein have connections to a lengthy list of notable people. Epstein visited the White House 17 times during the Clinton presidency. Clinton has been more than rumored to visit "fantasy island." Epstein died under very mysterious circumstances while in jail. I think that gives the story more prominence.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:13 am

Subject:
Re: It's not "Trump's America" or "Biden's America"

lovinlife101 aka Reagan4prez wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:36 pm
Neither one of these nigger faggots own this place.
https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... er#p632247
The censorship king from out of state.

Deleted User 15716

Post by Deleted User 15716 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:57 am

Reagan4prez wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:44 am
Joe Biden and Kamala Harris’ Twitter feeds still support Jussie Smollett’s false narrative.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/jo ... ar-AARFrmC

Now, not for one second do I believe Joe and Kamala wrote these words. It’s some staffer that’s lazy and doesn’t remove misinformation. Joe wouldn’t even know how to use Twitter.
I read the link. Like most articles that reference tweets, it does something I find mildly annoying. First they tell you what the tweet said. Then they show you a picture of the tweet. Tell the reader the same thing twice. Print media does this too.

Do they think we are first graders that need it reinforced? Or is this a lazy way to fill up a page?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:09 pm

Jussie did irreparable harm to the LGBT community and people of color in others believing hate crimes. He got what he deserved.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic