Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer opposes Biden mandate

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
FakeAndyStuart

Re: Whitmer opposes Biden mandate

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:57 am

All you people can bitch and moan all you want, but how would you have handled this crisis? No one knew what to do.. no one had any info about the disease, the virus, the transmission. Everyone from the feds to the state and local level was flying blind. But what we do know today is:

Transmission happens indoors. Outdoor transmission of the virus is rare..
Perhaps now the person who wrote this will realize that and change what they wrote:Keep in mind that Hospitalization and covid cases was at low when we had a lower vaccine rate amongst the state with no lockdowns in the months of June 2021 and July 2021.
Vaccinations protect people. The info on new cases and hospitalizations proves that. I don't know about mandates, as Americans have rejected mandates since the days of the Boston Tea Party. Did lockdowns work? I don't know, but I don't fault anyone for trying whatever they could to keep viral transmission down.

Now, instead of bitching and moaning, how do we, as a country, join together and deal with this new normal we have? We vaccinate our children at birth and before they go to school... we get flu shots every winter (at least I do) ... and we want to protect our fellow man. How to we do that?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:08 am

I have promoted N95 masks since day one.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:12 am

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:57 am
All you people can bitch and moan all you want, but how would you have handled this crisis? No one knew what to do.. no one had any info about the disease, the virus, the transmission. Everyone from the feds to the state and local level was flying blind. But what we do know today is: ...
Well, I wouldn't have put sick people in nursing homes or elder care facilities!!!

We knew well BEFORE it hit our shores that the eldest were hardest hit. Didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out if you put sick people in close proximity to those folks that it was going to be problems. BIG PROBLEMS.

Actually, you didn't need to rely on any SCIENCE for that kind of a decision....just common sense!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:14 am

Yes, just common sense.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic