Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Natural Immunity Powerful but Irrelevant

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**

Matt

Re: Natural Immunity Powerful but Irrelevant

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:20 am

Hold up, are you saying a doctor that's done ACTUAL research and works for Johns Hopkins knows more than people on facebook or reddit?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:06 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:20 am
Hold up, are you saying a doctor that's done ACTUAL research and works for Johns Hopkins knows more than people on facebook or reddit?
Tthat is probably true Matt, but these "scientists" can't know more than BMW and his "new math" method of disproving vaccine efficacy.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:27 am

Go on, you all keep laughing at natural immunity and at me for advocating its virtues.

I would tear parts of this article apart, but I quite frankly don't have the time, energy, or even interest any more. I will comment on one passage though:
Of course, a breakthrough COVID-19 infection can function as a “booster,” but this is a very risky way to rekindle the immune system, both for the person who gets the infection as well as everyone around them.
I've asked this question several times, and this is the first time I've read anywhere an implied answer - whether a vaccinated person who gets a breakthrough case develops natural immunity. The doctor here seemingly implies that the answer is YES - I wish he would have gone into more discussion on this point. My problem here is with the latter half of that statement; if 99% of Covid hospitalizations are unvaccinated people, how is it "very risky" for a vaccinated person to catch Covid? I've been led to believe, and just about everyone posting in here seems to believe too, that getting Covid while vaccinated poses a negligible risk to the person who catches it.

kager

Re: Natural Immunity Powerful but KIND OF Irrelevant

Post by kager » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:01 am

The article is an opinion piece, but the author summarizes quite well:
Since many who had prior COVID-19 will not mount a strong natural immune response, since natural immunity will ultimately wane — and given the challenges in testing for immunity — it is not possible to determine if it is safe to be around someone with natural immunity. As such, regardless of how powerful natural immunity might or might not be, vaccination is the only reliable indicator that a person has reduced risks of spreading or suffering from COVID-19.
Regardless, I doubt the article - or OP nuancing the original article title for lucky special magic reasons - will change anyone's mind on the matter.

It is entertainment to watch you jab each other about it, though...
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:15 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:27 am
I would tear parts of this article apart, but I quite frankly don't have the time, energy, or even interest any more.
Lmao. Sit down man.

bmw

Re: Natural Immunity Powerful but KIND OF Irrelevant

Post by bmw » Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:31 am

kager wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:01 am
The article is an opinion piece, but the author summarizes quite well:
Since many who had prior COVID-19 will not mount a strong natural immune response,
since natural immunity will ultimately wane —
and given the challenges in testing for immunity —
it is not possible to determine if it is safe to be around someone with natural immunity.

As such, regardless of how powerful natural immunity might or might not be, vaccination is the only reliable indicator that a person has reduced risks of spreading or suffering from COVID-19.
Actually, that quote from the article right there is what I find to be the biggest load of BS in the entire piece. He's going out of his way to point out every last little problem with natural immunity without acknowledging that those same issues exist with vaccinated immunity.

-Vaccinated immunity will ultimately wane;
-Challenges exist in verifying that vaccine cards are legitimate and not fake
-Vaccinated people can carry just as much viral load as an unvaccinated person

Conclusion: It is not possible to determine if it is safe to be around someone who claims to be vaccinated.

This author has absolutely not made the case for ignoring natural immunity and instead relying only on vaccinated immunity.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:53 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:15 am
bmw wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:27 am
I would tear parts of this article apart, but I quite frankly don't have the time, energy, or even interest any more.
Lmao. Sit down man.
Sorry, that made me chuckle...

(also reminded me a bit of the Presidential debates. You remember those... it's was that time that Joe Biden told Donald Trump to shut up then proceeded to take his job.)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic