Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

COVID Vaccination Data

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

COVID Vaccination Data

Post by TC Talks » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:00 am

Please be sure your facts have a valid source.

https://www.statista.com/chart/amp/2558 ... accinated/
Last edited by TC Talks on Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Re: COVID Vaccination Data

Post by TC Talks » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:01 am

― Matt

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:13 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:00 am

So what is considered a valid source? The same medical source that said tobacco is not harmful once upon a time?
If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:14 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:00 am

So what is considered a valid source? The same medical source that said tobacco is not harmful once upon a time?
If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:19 pm

You are one of the biggest idiots here. Which troll were you originally?
― Matt

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:01 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:19 pm
Probably G G. He's a total idiot.

hanson

Post by hanson » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:37 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:01 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Probably G G. He's a total idiot.
No doubt

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:00 am

Where are the herd immunity defenders?
― Matt

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:31 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:00 am
What are your thoughts on hybrid immunity being the answer? I believe there is overwhelming evidence on a sequence of 1. Infection 2. Vaccine being a great idea, but what about those who are vaccinated and then get a minor breakthrough Infection - is that a way out of this mess? Is that how herd immunity actually happens?

Another interesting data point is that over 90% of U-M students are vaccinated, and they represent just 1% of infections in Washtenaw County.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:15 am

TC Talks wrote:
Name calling on someone who brings facts to your argument on Pro vaccine's. Very Classy.

But you still never answered my question on what is considered a valid source after my factual example.

The point is that everything you're trying to prove is not correctly a valid source as needs time for it to be reviewed.

I can go on and on about things that medical professionals practiced that once thought to be safe, but turns out to be harmful after studies over the years.

So to say "Facts only with valid sources" for covid vaccine is misleading/disinformation for now.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:44 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:31 am
TC Talks wrote:
What are your thoughts on hybrid immunity being the answer? I believe there is overwhelming evidence on a sequence of 1. Infection 2. Vaccine being a great idea, but what about those who are vaccinated and then get a minor breakthrough Infection - is that a way out of this mess? Is that how herd immunity actually happens?

Another interesting data point is that over 90% of U-M students are vaccinated, and they represent just 1% of infections in Washtenaw County.
The concern with letting things go unmanaged is the abundance of variants that will be produced. If you read anything about Lambda, and I have a client right now in South America telling me how brutal this variant is, going completely unprotected creates risk for all of us.

Your statistic from U of M proves the point on why we should all be vaccinated. Can data from U of M be trusted?
― Matt

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:27 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:44 am
Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

The concern with letting things go unmanaged is the abundance of variants that will be produced. If you read anything about Lambda, and I have a client right now in South America telling me how brutal this variant is, going completely unprotected creates risk for all of us.

Your statistic from U of M proves the point on why we should all be vaccinated. Can data from U of M be trusted?
Yes, data from U-M can. There is a vaccination mandate that just got some teeth.

I think you misunderstood my question about hybrid immunity. I think we should have near 100% vaccination rates, but I it the worst thing if people have BOTH the vaccination AND some type of infection? Shouldn't that make the body's immune response better? We know that unvaccinated people are keeping this going and it appears that natural immunity is not a thing on its own.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:31 am

TCT - the problem with your "source" in this instance and the "facts" it conveys is that the data is based on REPORTED cases (ie, positive Covid tests). The conclusions reached regarding infection rates are based on very incomplete data. The IHME (run by the University of Washington) suggests that the ACTUAL number of cases in Wisconsin (including unreported cases) during the month of July was approximately 1575 per 100k of population.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-s ... infections

Your source says roughly 494 reported cases per 100k (if the 50% vaccination stat is correct, then you would simply add the two numbers of 125 and 369 together).

So in other words, the Wisconsin Dept. of Health Services data includes only roughly 36% of actual cases.

You may say, big deal. The reason this is important is because we don't know the breakdown of the other 64% of cases in vaccinated vs unvaccinated people. Given that vaccinated people generally get less sick, it stands to reason that as a group, they may be not only less likely, but FAR less likely to get symptoms that prompt them to get tested. Now you can say this is a good thing, that the vaccine is working great if this is the case. And on an individual by individual basis you would be correct. But this begs the question of just what the true efficacy of the vaccine really is. Even based on the reported data, the link you provided puts the number at 66%, which is far lower than the 90-95% that was found during clinical trials. The number may be significantly lower than even the 66%, which means that while the vaccine may be keeping people out of the hospital, it may be doing barely more than diddly squat to actually end the pandemic.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:35 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:27 am
TC Talks wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:44 am
Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Yes, data from U-M can. There is a vaccination mandate that just got some teeth.

I think you misunderstood my question about hybrid immunity. I think we should have near 100% vaccination rates, but I it the worst thing if people have BOTH the vaccination AND some type of infection? Shouldn't that make the body's immune response better? We know that unvaccinated people are keeping this going and it appears that natural immunity is not a thing on its own.
The correct term is "population immunity." https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... oknow.html

It is the exact same thing as herd immunity. There is a misconception out there that herd immunity only includes natural immunity and that is incorrect.

Natural immunity - immunity acquired by an individual from getting infected and surviving
Vaccinated immunity - immunity acquired from an individual from getting vaccinated
Herd immunity - The entire group of people comprised of the 2 sets of individuals above
Population immunity - Same as Herd immunity.

hanson

Post by hanson » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:17 am

SoutheastMIViewer wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:15 am
TC Talks wrote:
Name calling on someone who brings facts to your argument on Pro vaccine's. Very Classy.

But you still never answered my question on what is considered a valid source after my factual example.

The point is that everything you're trying to prove is not correctly a valid source as needs time for it to be reviewed.

I can go on and on about things that medical professionals practiced that once thought to be safe, but turns out to be harmful after studies over the years.

So to say "Facts only with valid sources" for covid vaccine is misleading/disinformation for now.
classic gg style

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic