Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Fired and disgraced in Michigan? Good enough for Biden!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Fired and disgraced in Michigan? Good enough for Biden!

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:39 pm

Robert Gordon has failed up. He should have to repay his bullshit severance payout.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 186601002/

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Constant Listener

Re: Fired and disgraced in Michigan? Good enough for Biden!

Post by Constant Listener » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:38 pm

Whatever Matt.

I work for the Department that he used to lead. He was a damn good Director and actively sought out first line employees input when going into local county offices, as he’d tell management to leave the room. He made the job easier for us by getting rid of redundant or contradictory policy. He did a lot of positive things for employees as he was one of the better directors we’ve had in a long time.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:45 pm

Constant Listener wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:38 pm
Whatever Matt.

I work for the Department that he used to lead. He was a damn good Director and actively sought out first line employees input when going into local county offices, as he’d tell management to leave the room. He made the job easier for us by getting rid of redundant or contradictory policy. He did a lot of positive things for employees as he was one of the better directors we’ve had in a long time.
Why did Gretchen Whitmer fire him and pay him to GTFO then?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:37 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:45 pm
Constant Listener wrote:
Whatever Matt.

If he disagreed with Whitmer and refused to implement HER policies then maybe he has some redeeming qualities. Just speculating though.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:43 pm

km1125 wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:37 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:45 pm
Constant Listener wrote:
Whatever Matt.

If he disagreed with Whitmer and refused to implement HER policies then maybe he has some redeeming qualities. Just speculating though.
I originally thought that but it seems like he wanted stricter and longer shutdowns. It's good that he did positive things for his team, but he failed Michigan residents.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:33 pm

If it is true that he fought for tougher restrictions, I applaud him. Unfortunately due to our legislature stopping Whitmer from mandating masks, I believe the MEA needs to mandate masks and also require kids 12 and over to be vaccinated.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:58 pm

What department was he director of? I have not heard.

If he was standing up to Gretchen Mallory, good for him.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:14 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:33 pm
If it is true that he fought for tougher restrictions, I applaud him. Unfortunately due to our legislature stopping Whitmer from mandating masks, I believe the MEA needs to mandate masks and also require kids 12 and over to be vaccinated.
He was a chicken little.

The MEA has no authority to mandate masks. They should be disbanded.

Realist

Post by Realist » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:58 pm

paul8539 wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:58 pm
What department was he director of? I have not heard.

If he was standing up to Gretchen Mallory, good for him.
Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
Matt wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:14 pm
[quote=MotorCityRadioFreak post_id=676454 time=<a href="tel:1629398022">1629398022</a> user_id=15378]
He was a chicken little.

The MEA has no authority to mandate masks. They should be disbanded.
[/quote]

Thank you Mr Anti Union and Right to Work stooge

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:19 pm

Imagine being Realist and thinking that being pro-worker freedom is a BAD thing.

Realist

Post by Realist » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:26 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:19 pm
Imagine being Realist and thinking that being pro-worker freedom is a BAD thing.
Spoken like someone who’s never worked in a Union shop. Then again, I’m pretty positive that you’re from the “what have you done for me lately” generation and forgets or ignores what your grandparents had to do to get ahead.

I’ve worked in non Union places and was treated like crap as they don’t like people like me who speak up when something is wrong or unjust. There’s a reason that Unions exist - employers that don’t treat workers fairly or play extreme favorites. This way, everyone is one the same page in regards to wages and benefits. The contract you have is the understanding you have between management and hourly employees

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:50 pm

The only freedom outside of unions is a right to work for less. Unionized jobs are always the highest. It isn't an accident. Union stewards are also a good barrier against management BS.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:51 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:50 pm
The only freedom outside of unions is a right to work for less. Unionized jobs are always the highest. It isn't an accident. Union stewards are also a good barrier against management BS.
Keep regurgitating unfounded talking points. Research tells a different story:
In an upcoming study in the Journal of Law and Economics, economist Christos Makridis finds that workers report greater life satisfaction after their state becomes a right-to-work state. The study uses data on self-reported life satisfaction from daily Gallup polls and state economic data to identify how worker satisfaction responded to the enactment of state right-to-work laws between 2008 and 2017. Over this period, six states adopted right-to-work laws: Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Missouri, and Kentucky. As shown in the map below, a total of 27 states currently have right-to-work laws.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/adammillsa ... r-workers/

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:56 pm

Realist wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:26 pm
Matt wrote:
Spoken like someone who’s never worked in a Union shop. Then again, I’m pretty positive that you’re from the “what have you done for me lately” generation and forgets or ignores what your grandparents had to do to get ahead.

I’ve worked in non Union places and was treated like crap as they don’t like people like me who speak up when something is wrong or unjust. There’s a reason that Unions exist - employers that don’t treat workers fairly or play extreme favorites. This way, everyone is one the same page in regards to wages and benefits. The contract you have is the understanding you have between management and hourly employees
Do you read what you write before you push submit? Generational stereotypes are a mechanism of the lazy. Unions are counterproductive in a professional environment as they choke out efficiencies and innovation. Unions don't operate to help add value, they exist to help the workers do a bare minimum for maximum pay and benefits. They view innovation and increased efficiency as job killers.

Realist

Post by Realist » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:28 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:56 pm
Realist wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:26 pm
Matt wrote:

Do you read what you write before you push submit? Generational stereotypes are a mechanism of the lazy. Unions are counterproductive in a professional environment as they choke out efficiencies and innovation. Unions don't operate to help add value, they exist to help the workers do a bare minimum for maximum pay and benefits. They view innovation and increased efficiency as job killers.
I love how people like you talk out of your ass about a subject (working in a Unionized workplace like I have for the past 24+ years) you know NOTHING about.

No odds you’ve never worked in a Unionized workplace, whether it be a factory or an office environment. You’d be ostracized if you were in my office (a professional workplace, mind you) and refused to pay dues, as your co workers would see right through you - someone who came there to get the high wages we pay compared to everyone else in the area but wants to contribute nothing to the cause. We call those type of people leeches. And there’s no way in hell you’d last 1/2 a day in a Unionized plant / factory as you’d spout off these views to your co workers and essentially put a target on your back.

You also fail to realize that management has the right to manage and tell people what to do. If the contract is silent, it can go either way but you better follow a directive and grieve it later. Our management changes policies often for those efficiencies you speak of and we have to deal with it regardless if we like it or not..

I’m glad I’m covered under a Union contract for a couple of reasons. 1 - incompetent upper management running my office that I do not respect as they don’t know what they’re doing. 2 - Michigan, way before Right to Work was ever passed, has always been an At Will employment state. They can walk up to you and fire you for no reason. Can’t do that under a Union contract as it has to be for cause on serious issues or through progressive discipline

Your narrow mindness on multiple subjects like this, despite your UofM education, completely astounds me. You refuse to put yourself in someone else’s shoes to see their perspective

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic