Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Biden gets U.S. out of Afghanistan

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Lester The Nightfly

Re: Biden gets U.S. out of Afghanistan

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:58 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:20 pm
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:46 pm
Nope, it's the nature of the beast and it would have happened regardless of who made the call.
What is sad is that the main takeaway isn't to learn from this or from history, but that whoever is president or in a position of leadership failed. It was failed from the time we deployed our soldiers over there.
If it's any consolation, there are a few voices that understand it. Here's a little of the transcript from an interview Rachael Maddow had last night with John Sopko, Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction since 2012 about his report "What we need to learn: Lessons from 20 years of Afghanistan reconstruction".

"(Now,) we didn`t predict when they were going to collapse. I think we were all a bit surprised by that. But no one should be surprised by that. But no one should be surprised by this.

Now, now`s not the time really for finger pointing. I think now`s the time to obviously get all the Americans out, and get out any Afghan who wants to get out out, but I think at some point and we need to look at these lessons learned reports that we created and particularly this last one and try to make things better.

The bottom line of our report, as you highlighted so succinctly, more succinct than I can, is that we were totally unprepared for this. And we haven`t learned the lessons of Vietnam. If anything, after Vietnam, we said we`re never going to do it, and we cut all of the capabilities to do these type of reconstruction events or activities in a war zone.

And lo and be hold, we said we`re never going to do it again, we did it in Iraq. We did it in Afghanistan. We`ve done it three times in the last 50 years, and all three times it`s been pretty poorly handled.

And we`re doing something similar to this, but at a smaller scale, but as our report says, it`s a slippery slope before a small scale becomes a big scale. We`re doing it in a number of countries in Africa, and I have heard people talking about sending troops and sending massive aid similarly to a war torn or not safe country of Haiti. That may deserve it, but if we do it in Haiti or these other countries, without learning the lessons, we are going to repeat the same mistakes.

And that`s what this report is all about. It`s trying to look forward to improve how we do things like this.
"

https://www.msnbc.com/transcripts/trans ... 1-n1277240

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:00 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:44 pm
Then again, no one has flown jetliners into any of our buildings since we went in and disrupted Taliban/ISIS/ISLAMONAZI central either.
How are the two related? Osama Bin laden had nothing to do with the Taliban.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:38 pm

Bryce wrote:
Then again, no one has flown jetliners into any of our buildings since we went in and disrupted Taliban/ISIS/ISLAMONAZI central either.
LOOOOOOOOOOOL

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:11 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:00 pm
Bryce wrote:
How are the two related? Osama Bin laden had nothing to do with the Taliban.
Were the Taliban funding ISIS and the other various ISAMONAZI groups?

LOLOLOLOLOL to the Marxist Monkey....
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:18 pm

The U.S. officials are now saying to Americans in Afghanistan to stay away from the Airport as ISIS Attacks may be planned.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/21/politics ... index.html

Biden and Harris need to resign now!
If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:10 pm

SoutheastMIViewer wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:18 pm
The U.S. officials are now saying to Americans in Afghanistan to stay away from the Airport as ISIS Attacks may be planned.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/21/politics ... index.html

Biden and Harris need to resign now!
Fake news! Trump eliminated ISIS.
The censorship king from out of state.

G G

Post by G G » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:40 am

I'll give you three guesses who will end up paying for the clean-up of all this.

First two don't count.
Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:59 pm

CNBC:
A vast majority of those polled say they disapprove of Biden’s handling of the current situation in Afghanistan, with only 25% noting they approve of the way he’s dealt with the crisis.
Who the hell are those people in the 25%? I wish they would wear a button or something so I know to stay far, far away from them.

Even Secretary of State Antony Blinken doesn't think Biden knows what the hell is going on. Today, on Fox News Sunday, Chris Wallace point blank asked him:
“Mr. Secretary, does the President not know what’s going on?”
Boy what a dodge ole Antony gave in response to the question:
“This is an incredibly emotional time for many of us, and including allies and partners who’ve been shoulder to shoulder with us in Afghanistan for 20 years, at high costs themselves as well as us,”
Wallace pressed on:
“The President said, Al Qaeda is gone. It’s not gone. The President said he’s not heard any criticism from the allies. There’s been a lot of criticism from the allies, words matter and the words of the President matter most.”
Again, ole Antony gave a dodge:
“Chris, all I can tell you is what I’ve heard,” Blinken said. “And again, this is an powerfully emotional time for a lot of allies and partners as it is for me, as it is for us.”
Looks to me that the Kabuki theater that is the Biden Presidency has been fully exposed.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:50 am

I just read that we have been spending 300 million dollars each day in Afghanistan. How can you defend that?
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:09 am

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:50 am
I just read that we have been spending 300 million dollars each day in Afghanistan. How can you defend that?
First, that may have been true ten years ago when Obama was president. The money spent the past few years was a fraction of that and well worth keeping ISIS and the Taliban in check.

Second, what does that have to do with the extreme ineptitude of our current CIC?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:07 pm

It was most definitely true when George Bush placed American troops in Afghanistan. This whole conversation is getting out of this colossal mess that the Republicans created for our country.
― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:44 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:07 pm
It was most definitely true when George Bush placed American troops in Afghanistan. This whole conversation is getting out of this colossal mess that the Republicans created for our country.
OK, I can play the blame game too...

If the Clinton Administration would have arrested or taken out Bin Laden when they had the chance, which they most certainly did, 9/11 and the ensuing mess would not have happened.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:53 pm

Smack Down.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:33 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:44 pm
TC Talks wrote:

If the Clinton Administration would have arrested or taken out Bin Laden when they had the chance, which they most certainly did, 9/11 and the ensuing mess would not have happened.
...and if only someone had killed Hitler when he was a baby...

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:37 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:33 pm
Bryce wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:44 pm
TC Talks wrote:

...and if only someone had killed Hitler when he was a baby...
https://www.thedailybeast.com/cia-agent ... enting-911
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic