Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Dan Bongino to replace Rush Limbaugh's 12-3 time slot on Cumulus-owned stations

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Dan Bongino to replace Rush Limbaugh's 12-3 time slot on Cumulus-owned stations

Post by bmw » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:34 am

This has been mentioned in a few of the Rush Limbaugh threads, but I think it is worthy of its own post.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 49730.html

He will begin on May 24th.

I can't say I saw this one coming. For me personally, count me out. What little of heard/seen Bongino, I don't care for him or his style. To me he seems like the worst attributes of Mark Levin (anger) and Glen Beck (conspiracy theory) all rolled into one.
Last edited by bmw on Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rate This

Re: Dan Bongino to replace Rush Limbaugh's 12-3 time slot

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:41 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:34 am
This has been mentioned in a few of the Rush Limbaugh threads, but I think it is worthy of its own post.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 49730.html

He will begin on May 24th.

I can't say I saw this one coming. For me personally, count me out. What little of heard/seen Bongino, I don't care for him or his style. To me he seems like the worst attributes of Mark Levin (anger) and Glen Beck (conspiracy theory) all rolled into one.
I don’t care for him either and I’m somebody who actually does like Hannity (I don’t agree with the guy but I like his style for some odd reason and Beck is somehow relatable if insane). The Levin tendencies to yell and get downright nasty I can’t stomach.

I don’t think he has the chops to hold the audience. I agree he should get the 3-6 slot and Hannity should get the 12-3. They passed up the #2 guy in talk radio for the guy with the #2 Conservative PODCAST which is frankly a medium terribly out of step with the demographics of Conservatism... they called up a double A player thats been around for maybe 4 years or some other absurdly short time frame and made him their ace..

Mark Elliott

Post by Mark Elliott » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:03 am

Actually, your headline is misleading. Dan Bongino is Westwood One (owned by Cumulus) while Rushbo was Premiere (owned by iHeart). Bongino will replace Rush ONLY on Cumulus owned stations for now (and other non-iHearts that they can convince to take it). iHeart has not made a decision on "replacing" Rush on their stations.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:01 pm

Mark Elliott wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:03 am
Actually, your headline is misleading. Dan Bongino is Westwood One (owned by Cumulus) while Rushbo was Premiere (owned by iHeart). Bongino will replace Rush ONLY on Cumulus owned stations for now (and other non-iHearts that they can convince to take it). iHeart has not made a decision on "replacing" Rush on their stations.
So effectively the conservative radio market could get a bit fractured if somebody else took that slot on the other group?

bmw

Re: Dan Bongino to replace Rush Limbaugh's 12-3 time slot on Cumulus-owned stations

Post by bmw » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:40 pm

Title edited for accuracy.

Any idea what percentage of Rush Limbaugh's total affiliates were owned by Cumulus?

Deleted User 15506

Re: Dan Bongino to replace Rush Limbaugh's 12-3 time slot on Cumulus-owned stations

Post by Deleted User 15506 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:38 pm

Dan Bongino is the right choice. He’s the best man for the job.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:52 pm

Skip wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:38 pm
What particular skills and attributes cause this to be the case?

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:00 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:52 pm
Skip wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:38 pm
What particular skills and attributes cause this to be the case?
I wish Bidet would come back instead of Southgate's finest.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:10 pm

I like Dan. I listen to his podcast regularly.

Is he as entertaining and polished as Limbaugh? No. He's somewhat of a newcomer and will polish up well over time.

He offers a perspective I can relate to because of his background.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic