Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

405,000 deaths and no plan by Trump

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

405,000 deaths and no plan by Trump

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:00 am

To all those complaining that the federal government was getting it done, there's no plan.

This will delay opening the American economy, this means more people will die, I cannot believe it.
(CNN)Newly sworn in President Joe Biden and his advisers are inheriting no coronavirus vaccine distribution plan to speak of from the Trump administration, sources tell CNN, posing a significant challenge for the new White House.

The Biden administration has promised to try to turn the Covid-19 pandemic around and drastically speed up the pace of vaccinating Americans against the virus. But in the immediate hours following Biden being sworn into office on Wednesday, sources with direct knowledge of the new administration's Covid-related work told CNN one of the biggest shocks that the Biden team had to digest during the transition period was what they saw as a complete lack of a vaccine distribution strategy under former President Donald Trump, even weeks after multiple vaccines were approved for use in the United States.
"There is nothing for us to rework. We are going to have to build everything from scratch," one source said.
Another source described the moment that it became clear the Biden administration would have to essentially start from "square one" because there simply was no plan as: "Wow, just further affirmation of complete incompetence."
WASHINGTON — President Biden will use his first full day in office on Thursday to go on the offensive against the coronavirus, with a 200-page national strategy that includes aggressive use of executive authority to protect workers, advance racial equity and ramp up the manufacturing of test kits, vaccines and supplies.

The “National Strategy for the Covid-19 Response and Pandemic Preparedness,” previewed in a 21-page summary on Wednesday evening by Mr. Biden’s advisers, outlines the kind of muscular and highly coordinated federal response that Democrats have long demanded and President Donald J. Trump refused.

Instead, Mr. Trump insisted that state governments take the lead. The Biden advisers said they were stunned by the vaccination plan — or the lack of one — that it inherited from the outgoing Trump administration, and said the Trump team failed to share crucial information about supplies and vaccine availability.

“What we’re inheriting is so much worse than we could have imagined,” said Jeff Zients, the new White House Covid-19 response coordinator, adding, “The cooperation or lack of cooperation from the Trump administration has been an impediment. We don’t have the visibility that we would hope to have into supply and allocations.”

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Re: 405,000 deaths and no plan by Trump

Post by bmw » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:42 am

You Democrats are always whining about something, aren't you? First you wanted Trump nowhere near vaccine planning (saying you wanted scientists doing all the work), now you're complaining that he didn't do enough.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:55 am

Show me where I said that scientists should handle the logistics.
― Matt

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:56 am

Not sure how this can be shocking information to anyone.

The playbook was established in March - the states are in charge. Thus the different lockdowns (or not), the different masking policies, and on and on and on. Why would anyone be expecting something different?
Wellllll... la de frickin da

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:10 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:55 am
Show me where I said that scientists should handle the logistics.
I wasn't referring to you specifically, but to Democrats in the Biden administration. In particular, Kamala Harris, who back in early September was asked on CNN "whether she would get a vaccine that was approved and distributed before the election" (emphasis added) to which she responded, in-part, that "I will say that I would not trust Donald Trump."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/05/politics ... index.html

She later said in October that if Trump tells us to take it, that she's "not taking it."

Then you have this from Rueters in mid-September on Biden specifically:
Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden on Wednesday rejected President Donald Trump’s charge that he is spreading fear about the safety of a potential coronavirus vaccine, urging Trump to defer to scientists and not rush its rollout.
(again, emphasis added).

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN2671NW

So there you have it - just 4 months ago, Biden explicitly warned Trump against rushing out the vaccine, and today he's whining that the rollout isn't happening fast enough.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:30 am

"I will say that I would not trust Donald Trump."
She certainly got this part right

I guess don't worry about it BMW, like everything in Donald Trump's life, there's somebody who will come along and mop up his mess
― Matt

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:45 am

You can't have it both ways. You can't "urge" Trump to do not rush something and then 4 months later complain that he didn't move fast enough.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:38 pm

America in 2021:

Wellllll... la de frickin da

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:33 pm

It’s a state issue. Ever read the Constitution?

The death toll is about a couple hundred under Biden. When do you put these deaths on him, or is it different for Democrats?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:42 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:33 pm

The death toll is about a couple hundred under Biden. When do you put these deaths on him, or is it different for Democrats?
It’s his first full day in office. How could you possibly put this on him. It’s nobody’s fault that conservatives had no ideas or platform beyond “Donald Trump is our guy” literally that was it.

Now that a vaccine is out it’s becoming clear Trump and co. blew the rollout. If you’re paying attention (I doubt it) you’ll not that in September the vaccine did not exist. So the point about that is moot now.

As for states rights... there are times where that is wholly inefficient and ineffective and this is one of those times. 50 different ways to skin a cat generally sucks as a method of getting anything done, leads to chaos and causes some states to make idiotic decisions based on one politicians will no matter what their people want. See South Dakota as an example of a state with a governor that belongs in a straight jacket.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:42 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:33 pm

Yes, especially the parts where a president shouldn't be committing treason and how the impeachment process works. My question for you, why didn't Trump follow the Constitution?
― Matt

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:01 am

Why didn’t Obama? Why didn’t Bush? I could go on.

Yes, these deaths are officially under Biden’s watch. He is president now. You would do the same if this happened under Obama, and Trump just took over.

Biden can’t even follow his own executive orders on masks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:45 am

You should at least have some framework of a plan to address a pandemic. The fact that GOP states got a larger supply of the vaccine is a joke.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:52 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:45 am
You should at least have some framework of a plan to address a pandemic. The fact that GOP states got a larger supply of the vaccine is a joke.
You mean like breaking your own executive order on masks?

It’s a state issue.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:59 am

Says you....
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic