Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

President Trump should resign

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: President Trump should resign

Post by bmw » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:13 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:44 pm
How is Twitter playing with fire?
If what Trump said was really worthy of him resigning over, shouldn't those words be PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE (easily accessible without having to dig for what was deleted) ? MW is right, it serves no useful purpose to remove from history what Trump said. All it does is fuel the idea that Big Tech is out to censor conservatives, and that just puts fuel on today's already burning fire.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:20 pm

Re "once hundreds if not thousands began penetrating into (what were supposed to be) secure areas "...

Can't wait to see the real numbers, but I'd be surprised if it was more than 50 or so, out of the thousands and thousands that were there

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:22 pm

ABC News commented on the Pence Twitter background change early this evening, saying he did it today.
Wellllll... la de frickin da

Deleted User 15475

Post by Deleted User 15475 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:07 am

The day of judgement has come! Now even the biggest boot lickers are now fleeing for some sort of port in the storm. A little over 4 years ago, the electoral college elected him master, We heard for so long by the whores and pimps in the right wing dominated media how wonderful everything was. Ah... but it all ends with this. "America" is getting karma dealt back to it in Large print spades. It's quite dreadful but dastardly deeds do have a way of coming back to haunt one self.

As the lyrics to The Song "King Nothing" by Metallica goes

"And it all crashes down
And you break your crown
And you point your finger, but there's no one around
Just want one thing, just to play the king
But the castle crumbled and you're left with just a name
Where's your crown, King Nothing?"

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:23 am

Have to agree with you Matt. He needs to resign and let Pence fill out the term. As for him running in 2024, the actions of yesterday should put paid to that. The Republican party needs to put forth a real candidate.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:45 am

Re "once hundreds if not thousands began penetrating into (what were supposed to be) secure areas "...

Can't wait to see the real numbers, but I'd be surprised if it was more than 50 or so, out of the thousands and thousands that were there
For starters, there was a perimeter set up OUTSIDE that was breached by thousands (the top of the steps). This occurred during the 2PM hour yesterday afternoon. Every news organization showed that taking place as it was happening. Granted, many people were at their place of employment and probably not in front of a TV as this coverage was unfolding. I work remotely full time and decided to flip on the TV around 2:15p to get an update on the electoral college certification debate and to get an update on what had been the last undecided Georgia senate race. Man, did I get a rude awakening, to say the least.

Then, hundreds streamed inside the Capitol. Some scaled scaffolding to smash exterior windows.

True, those who were committing acts of vandalism were few in number. However, those actions - including one or more pieces of shit who tried accessing the House chamber by smashing windows - caused law enforcement to fire shots, and unfortunately, one such shot hit a young woman who, while guilty of trespassing, likely did not deserve to be killed or shot. It appears the law enforcement agent had instead intended to shoot the individual who was trying to barge into the House chamber, which was under lockdown.

Many armed police officers are incapable of hitting the broad side of a barn; their marksmanship is horrible, which obviously introduces a risk to the general public.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:48 am

Have to agree with you Matt. He needs to resign and let Pence fill out the term. As for him running in 2024, the actions of yesterday should put paid to that. The Republican party needs to put forth a real candidate.
Trump certainly dashed any chances he had of running again in 2024 at the top of the Republican ticket. He lost a good percentage of his allies yesterday.

That said, I would not put it past him to run as an Independent or as the Presidential candidate on some fringe party ticket.

Trump obviously will not resign. It would not shock me, however, if Pence resigns. I think he is morbidly disgusted by what he witnessed yesterday.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:11 am

Trump's statement overnight:
Even though I totally disagree with the outcome of the election, and the facts bear me out, nevertheless there will be an orderly transition on January 20th...I have always said we would continue our fight to ensure that only legal votes were counted. While this represents the end of the greatest first term in presidential history, it's only the beginning of our fight to Make America Great Again.
That's probably the closest thing we're going to get to a concession. He's still defiant, but this is a step in the right direction.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:23 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:11 am
Trump's statement overnight:
Even though I totally disagree with the outcome of the election, and the facts bear me out, nevertheless there will be an orderly transition on January 20th...I have always said we would continue our fight to ensure that only legal votes were counted. While this represents the end of the greatest first term in presidential history, it's only the beginning of our fight to Make America Great Again.
That's probably the closest thing we're going to get to a concession. He's still defiant, but this is a step in the right direction.
Agreed. I still think the best thing for him to do is step aside to allow Pence to handle the transition. I know that he can delegate the task to Pence, but a well written resignation speech will allow him to control the narrative.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:26 am

The 25th amendment needs to be invoked after what happened yesterday. I couldn't sleep at all last night after what happened.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:51 am

He'll never do it.

I suppose this is the time to mention that you and I and a handful of other individuals have been calling for his removal for over a year now. All it took was one small insurrection and everyone else here suddenly saw what we've been seeing all that time.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:39 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:13 am
You're the only one of these "Republicans" with a brain
And this poster wished he had one.
Save up and someday even you too can afford one.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:27 pm

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:13 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:10 pm
Jonathan Goodman........I couldn't disagree more.

The Republicans shot ............THEMSELVES...........in the foot.
A. Goldman

B. That's EXACTLY what he said.
The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:28 pm

Seems appropriate to bump this given primary season is kicking off in just over a week.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic