Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

President Trump should resign

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

President Trump should resign

Post by Matt » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:16 pm

I agree with a lot of what is contained in this Detroit News editorial (https://www.detroitnews.com/story/opini ... 568039002/), but I'm going to take it one step further and call for his resignation. Let Pence finish out the term and facilitate the peaceful transfer in less than two weeks.

I don't think he'll take my advice, and I'm not here to defend my prior support. Today was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Re: President Trump should resign

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:32 pm

You're the only one of these "Republicans" with a brain, Matt.
The censorship king from out of state.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:32 pm

Well said.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:59 pm

Nicely done Matt, I take back much of what I have said about you...

BTW, Pence just put Joe Biden and Kamala Harris as the header on his Twitter account. What do you suppose that means?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:14 pm

Matt - I'm curious what SPECIFICALLY Trump said or did (or didn't do) today that you believe is so outrageous that he should resign?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:31 pm

I don't believe anyone is going to be able to explain this to you if you don't already understand.

Twitter has locked Trump's account, why do suppose they did that?
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:32 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:14 pm
Matt - I'm curious what SPECIFICALLY Trump said or did (or didn't do) today that you believe is so outrageous that he should resign?
He hasn't acknowledged that he lost the election, and he has repeatedly stated the election was stolen, without providing any real evidence. Whether today's actions were carried out by true Trump supporters or bad actors doesn't even matter anymore, the perception is there and he has no legitimate path to a second term.

I previously categorically dismissed the possibility that Trump would not leave peacefully, but I have questions based on his recent conduct. I say that knowing that I'm sure someone will dunk on me for the recent part, but it is what it is. I do believe his temper tantrums cost Republicans control of the Senate.

I think that deferring to Pence to lead the transfer to Biden/Harris is best for the country. In the absence of this, I'd like to see him give the speech of his lifetime conceding the election and fully cooperating with the transition.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:34 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:59 pm
Nicely done Matt, I take back much of what I have said about you...

BTW, Pence just put Joe Biden and Kamala Harris as the header on his Twitter account. What do you suppose that means?

Thank you.

In terms of the Twitter background, was that for sure changed today?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:35 pm

Go look, that is a screenshot taken from my phone. I have no idea how long it has been that way, but Pence is no longer following Trump on Twitter.

And this:
“As a result of the unprecedented and ongoing violent situation in Washington, DC, we have required the removal of three @realDonaldTrump tweets that were posted earlier today for repeated and severe violations of our Civic Integrity policy,” the Twitter Safety account tweeted. “This means that the account of @realDonaldTrump will be locked for 12 hours following the removal of these Tweets. If the Tweets are not removed, the account will remain locked. Future violations of the Twitter Rules, including our Civic Integrity or Violent Threats policies, will result in permanent suspension of the @realDonaldTrump account.”
― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:37 pm

I did look on his actual account, and I see the background, but I'm wondering if he just switched to that today. If so, that is pretty significant...

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:41 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:32 pm
bmw wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:14 pm
He hasn't acknowledged that he lost the election, and he has repeatedly stated the election was stolen, without providing any real evidence. Whether today's actions were carried out by true Trump supporters or bad actors doesn't even matter anymore, the perception is there and he has no legitimate path to a second term.

I previously categorically dismissed the possibility that Trump would not leave peacefully, but I have questions based on his recent conduct. I say that knowing that I'm sure someone will dunk on me for the recent part, but it is what it is. I do believe his temper tantrums cost Republicans control of the Senate.

I think that deferring to Pence to lead the transfer to Biden/Harris is best for the country. In the absence of this, I'd like to see him give the speech of his lifetime conceding the election and fully cooperating with the transition.
Trump needs to simply peacefully concede. No need to resign. He's entitled to his opinion that the election was stolen from him, but I have to say that now that he has exhausted all of his legal challenges that he needs to keep that opinion to himself.

On a side-note, as to the tweets Twitter deleted, it took me a while to find them, but none of them looked any different than anything else that has simply been flagged. Twitter is playing with fire by locking down his account.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:44 pm

How is Twitter playing with fire?

To me Twitter has finally gotten to a point where Trump has no power to do anything about having his account suspended. It's a sign that he really has no clout left in legitimate society.

What's going to happen if they delete his account? We'll get a bunch of overweight losers storming the Twitter offices in San Francisco?
― Noam Chomsky

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:46 pm

I cannot speak for Matt, but I think Trump's refusal to immediately tell the protestors to disburse once hundreds if not thousands began penetrating into (what were supposed to be) secure areas is an embarrassment.

I, too, agree with the Detroit News that Trump's rhetoric during the rally earlier today was inciteful.

I also think Trump's attempts to convince Mike Pence to willfully violate the Constitution are very troublesome. That's the one item that probably bothers me the most.

If Trump runs for the Presidency again in 2024, there is zero chance he will earn my vote.

(And, yes, I completely condemn the actions of the Antifa and BLM adherents who rioted and looted this past summer. What those assholes did was wrong, and the angry mob who committed criminal acts today were wrong.)

Finally, I agree with bmw that Twitter is playing with fire by locking Trump's account. Their decision to do so serves little productive purpose, in my opinion.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:12 pm

The cabinet is allegedly discussing the 25th amendment: https://mobile.twitter.com/edokeefe/sta ... 0718698496

A resignation is 1000% better for the country than a forced removal. Melania's press secretary resigned today.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic