Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Deep State

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Turkeytop

Deep State

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:19 pm

I'm hearing a lot lately about "the deep state." What does it mean? Is it a fourth branch of government?

If we have a similar institution in Canada it must have a different name.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

screen glare

Re: Deep State

Post by screen glare » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:51 am

The term Deep State comes from Turkey.
But conspiracy theory fans in the US have usurped the moniker and attached it to their belief that a secret evil cabal exists here in America hidden in plain sight.

It’s allegedly made up of the US government’s security agencies - and a group of wealthy private citizens and dynastic families - in secret control of our nation.

It’s a sort of shadow government hidden from your view - yet making all decisions regarding the USA snd its leaders and people.

The military, industry, courts, finance, congress, etc. all under the thumb of The Deep State.

(sound the scary organ music, place your tin foil hats on your heads)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic