Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Alternatives to impeachment

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Alternatives to impeachment

Post by bmw » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:23 pm

Ok, so now that we've established beyond any doubt that you don't believe he has actually violated any criminal statutes, on what specific basis do you believe he should be prematurely removed from office?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:32 pm

screen glare wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:51 pm
Screw you and your “I’ve had just about enough...” , bmw.
Obviously, BMW is driving you crazy :lol

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:52 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:32 pm
screen glare wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:51 pm
Screw you and your “I’ve had just about enough...” , bmw.
Obviously, BMW is driving you crazy :lol
No one, not even Adam Schiff, (unless he makes shit up like he did on the floor) can point to anything in the phone call that comes even close to cause for impeachment. Theater folks, rotten theater, but theater none the less.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:49 am

Anyone else here rolling your eyes and shaking your head at the gushing ignorance?

The only explanation is they’re all swallowing a steady diet of Hannity, Rush, Tucker. He trinity of tornadic political spin.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:50 am

screen glare wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:49 am
Anyone else here rolling your eyes and shaking your head at the gushing ignorance?
Yes. At your ignorance (either feigned or actual, I'm not entirely sure which) as to how or legal system and electoral system works. Your outright refusal to answer or even acknowledge the direct questions aimed at you speaks volumes to your ignorance. I've asked you what SHOULD be some pretty simple questions given your strong opinion about what should happen to President Trump:

1 - What specific statutes has Trump violated?
2 - What specific actions has Trump taken that violate the statutes named in #1 above?
3 - On what specific ground should Trump be prematurely removed from office?

You actually represent the dumb masses quite well. Shout. Scream. Cry treason. Flail your arms demanding impeachment. But when rational questions are asked of you: dodge. Ignore. Exert superiority without actually saying anything of substance.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:54 am

I suppose execution for treason would be an alternative to impeachment. It's also legal.

BMW, he committed several crimes. No one will bother responding to you, because you deny any reasonable responses and you just can't accept anything but things that favor this criminal.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:54 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:54 am
I suppose execution for treason would be an alternative to impeachment. It's also legal.

BMW, he committed several crimes. No one will bother responding to you, because you deny any reasonable responses and you just can't accept anything but things that favor this criminal.
It is pretty much impossible to carry on an even remotely intelligent conversation with someone who is calling for the POTUS to be executed. I'm now remembering why I blocked you.

It is also justification for a secret service agent to come knocking on your door.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:07 pm

Suggesting Trump be tied for treason and executed by our government is patriotic if he in fact committed some of the crimes against our Republic that have been suggested.

Since you like to jump to conclusions, let me be clear that I didn't suggest I was going to be involved in the process, as I understand and obey our laws. I, however would be cheering loudly if it were to happen.

Remember all those "private" conversations he had with Putin? What really happened?

18 U.S. Code § 2381.Treason
Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:08 am

bmw - TC Talks is correct. You give the impression that you’d sell out your country rather than go against the party line or republican talking points or the blatant festival of lies Trump conducts each day toward the press on the white house lawn.

Yowza! That IS a lot of daily lies.

Anyway - as TC rightly states - you can’t accept anything that does not favor treasonous Trump.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:27 am

Quick note Mr/Ms BMW - The Constitution does NOT demand that the President must break a law to be impeached and/or removed from office. There were no "laws" on the books when the Constitution was written.

"The Framers meant for the phrase ‘high crimes and misdemeanors’ to signify only conduct that seriously harms the public and seriously compromises the officer’s ability to continue." (my underline)

https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/wha ... -president

Impeachment is not a legal process, it is a political one. I'm not suggesting it is the right or wrong thing to do, and you can argue on a political basis its validity and value. But impeachment exists outside the legal system.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:30 am

Does this look familiar? It's only a matter of time before the more intelligent Republican leadership starts peeling off from Trump. Honestly, I've lost a lot of respect for McConnell. I never fancied him as a puppet.

― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:55 am

screen glare wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:08 am
bmw - TC Talks is correct. You give the impression that you’d sell out your country rather than go against the party line or republican talking points or the blatant festival of lies Trump conducts each day toward the press on the white house lawn.

Yowza! That IS a lot of daily lies.

Anyway - as TC rightly states - you can’t accept anything that does not favor treasonous Trump.
And the two of you can't accept that he won a Presidential election fair and square, or that the solution to getting somebody out of office who you think is harming the country is at the ballot box. You want to prematurely remove (or in TC's case, execute) him for unspecified crimes.

And to be clear, I don't come in here with republican "talking points." When I give my opinion, it is MY opinion based on what I see in various sources of information along with my God-given gift of reasoning and rational thought (laugh if you must). And if you go back through my posts in here, you'll see I don't always support the President. In fact I called him out quite critically for lying about sharpie-gate. I've also called him out in the past for lying about not mocking a reporter's disability and also for the way he treated Ben Carson during the primaries. I also didn't support the republican tax cut.
Radio Sucks wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:27 am
Quick note Mr/Ms BMW - The Constitution does NOT demand that the President must break a law to be impeached and/or removed from office. There were no "laws" on the books when the Constitution was written.

"The Framers meant for the phrase ‘high crimes and misdemeanors’ to signify only conduct that seriously harms the public and seriously compromises the officer’s ability to continue." (my underline)

https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/wha ... -president

Impeachment is not a legal process, it is a political one. I'm not suggesting it is the right or wrong thing to do, and you can argue on a political basis its validity and value. But impeachment exists outside the legal system.
To clarify, it is "Mr."

And my position on this, as pointed out in that article you linked, is this:
“When the Founders wanted to ensure accountability, they mostly relied on elections and the voters to hold government officials responsible for their actions,” said Whittington. “But what might fall into the category of ‘other high Crimes and Misdemeanors’ was still quite unclear.”
We have an election barely a year away. It is my view that removing Trump from office via impeachment would be far more harmful to society and to our republic than any of the actions Trump has taken as President. As you noted, the purpose of impeachment is to prevent harm to the public. IMO, the Democrats who are pushing this impeachment inquiry couldn't give 2 sh!ts about how they're dividing the country and about the harm the precedents they are setting could cause for decades to come - they are driven by seeking POWER. They've been out of power for a while and now they see 2020 slipping away, so they've decided they're going to exert power through their House Committees rather than through the ballot box next year.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:22 am

Let me get this straight, delivering hundreds of millions of dollars in the dead of night to a country that is the largest state sponsor of terrorism worldwide and a sworn enemy of the US isn't treason. Having the IRS target organizations that support conservative ideals and candidates isn't election tampering, but asking a official of a foreign government to investigate corruption is.

Ok

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:43 am

Bryce wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:22 am
Let me get this straight, delivering hundreds of millions of dollars in the dead of night to a country that is the largest state sponsor of terrorism worldwide and a sworn enemy of the US isn't treason. Having the IRS target organizations that support conservative ideals and candidates isn't election tampering, but asking a official of a foreign government to investigate corruption is.

Ok
You forgot one - the husband of a candidate for President meeting with the attorney general on the tarmac just prior to an announcement that criminal charges won't be filed against said candidate. But since they were just talking about grandkids and golf, that makes it all ok.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:24 pm

bmw - the obvious truth that Trump lies with alacrity - documented in his 24/7/365 Tweets - and daily, shouted, Q and A
Trump-produced matinees along the white house lawn - is all the evidence we need that The Mouthy Menacing Maniac is unfit for office.

But wait! There’s more!!

Refusing to fully staff government posts and offices. Or - staffing important positions with director’s whose titles begin with the diminishing word “acting”.

Publicly attacking the free press - part of the bedrock of our admired, envied USA liberty” - as “The enemy of the American people.”

Stating publicly in Helsinki and elsewhere - that HE believes Vladimir Putin’s “strong words” of denial - over the intel - gathered at great risk by our CIA, FBI and 15 other US security agencies - that Russia interfered with our free elections. Putin still denies it - and is now conspiratorially blaming Ukraine. A country Putin wants to finish taking over. And a country where he doesn’t want to see anymore US military aid making that goal harder to accomplish.

I’ll stop here. But the complete list goes on for years.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic