Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Kamala Harris proposes spending $100,000,000,000.00 on housing for minorities

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Kamala Harris proposes spending $100,000,000,000.00 on housing for minorities

Post by bmw » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:28 pm

The plan would establish a $100 billion-dollar grant through the Department of Housing and Urban Development, of which up to $25,000 can be given to families or individuals to help with down payments and closing costs. Harris’s campaign said the grant could benefit up to 4 million families.
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... ership-gap
So we must right the wrong and, after generations of discrimination, give black families a real shot at home ownership, historically one of the most powerful drivers of wealth
So basically, reparations.

Looks like the slimiest kind of racial politics to me. Dems are running scared that blacks just might vote for trump in double digits in 2020. Gotta put a stop to that!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Kamala Harris proposes spending $100,000,000,000.00 on housing for minorities

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:23 pm

So economically disadvantaged blacks could receive money under her proposed program, but if you're Caucasian or Hispanic, the message from Harris is basically "fuck you" ?

Not only is her proposed program blatantly racist, it would never survive a judicial challenge.

Hell, even families who make up to $100,000 a year in household income would qualify!!! That's outrageous. She is literally trying to buy votes.
“In the coming weeks, I’ll announce new investments to support black entrepreneurs and business owners by increasing access to capital and credit,” she said.
Oh goodie. I can't wait! :rolleyes

This woman is absolutely nuts. Of course, our national media is loaded with deranged individuals, too, so Harris is propped up at the expense of other candidates.

TC Talks

Re: Kamala Harris proposes spending $100,000,000,000.00 on housing for minorities

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:33 pm

Your state diverted HUD funds earmarked for the poorest to get into housing to be used as downpayment support for white people in suburban areas who own $200k houses to afford $350k houses. That was Rick Snyder and his slimey MSHDA director Scott Woosley.

Where was the outrage then? Those suburbanites weren't living on couches or in the streets.

This is simply white privilege outrage.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:37 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:23 pm
So economically disadvantaged blacks could receive money under her proposed program, but if you're Caucasian or Hispanic, the message from Harris is basically "fuck you" ?
What is you're trans-racial? As long as you just THINK you're black, maybe you'll qualify.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:44 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:23 pm
This woman is absolutely nuts.
It is easy to laugh her off as being nuts, but she is also dangerous. Someone like her in power for 4 years could do a LOT of irreversible damage to our country. I know conservatives said the same thing about Obama in 2008, but Harris makes Obama look like a conservative. Of all the 20 candidates running, she is the only one who I think is capable of doing permanent damage if elected.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:56 pm

Your state diverted HUD funds earmarked for the poorest to get into housing to be used as downpayment support for white people in suburban areas who own $200k houses to afford $350k houses. That was Rick Snyder and his slimey MSHDA director Scott Woosley.
I'm entirely unfamiliar with what you describe, but if you are indeed telling the truth, then that program is equally as reprehensible as what Harris is proposing.

I am no Rick Snyder fan. Under his watch, 30,000 to 40,000 unemployment insurance recipients had money extorted from them by the state government, handouts went to "connected" individuals, our public schools deteriorated to worst-in-the-nation status, our auto insurance rates skyrocketed, and the Flint fiasco occurred (did Snyder personally meet with even a single impacted Flint family?).

But thankfully, Rick Snyder is not running for President. Kamala Harris is, and what Kamala is proposing is scary.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:00 am

Volkswagen paid Jews and their descendants to compensate them for being forced to work in their factories during the Nazi Era.

https://www.nytimes.com/1998/09/11/worl ... orers.html

The US government paid Japanese families to compensate them for being forced into camps during World War 2.

https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch ... nt-redress

A group of Africans and others were captured and forced into labor in the United States. This practice was condoned by the country for hundreds of years. Even after emancipation, people with dark skin were persecuted and denied basic human rights. Soliders coming home from WW2 were lynched for doing such things as voting, with some state and local governments just looking the other way. After all of this, we expect people to just "get over it." Without serious discussions about how to fix the racial divide in our country, it will only get worse.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic