All new acct registrations in the queue as of 8/11 at 9:00a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Nasty GOP Primary going on in Ohio

Some folks just cannot resist the urge to debate current issues of the day...here's the place to satisfy your craving. BE FOREWARNED - if you are an intellectual lightweight, you might find it a bit rough in here. This place is kinda like a never-ending edition of the McLaughlin Group. (Whatever happened to Mort Zuckerman, anyway?)
Deleted User 10525

Nasty GOP Primary going on in Ohio

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Sat May 05, 2018 5:21 am

I know I am one of the only ones here who live in Ohio, so I'll "splane" it. Ok, John "I wanna be president so damn bad I can taste it" Kasich can't run again.

So, its an open seat. Former Senator and current AG Mike Dewine, I think thought this was going to be a cake walk. Most of the other GOP candidates dropped out fairly quick, except for Lt.Gov Mary Taylor. Taylor has trailed Dewine in all the polls, by a wide margin. She is running as the Tea Party candidate, despite being at Kasich's side for 8 years .

She had been urged to drop out but decided to keep going. Congressman Jim Renacci exited the race and will likely be the republican to run against Sherrod Brown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhfmd_UlpkI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nSgZ727sYY

On the Democratic side, it looks like the nominee for governor will be former AG Richard Courdray. Who served as AG for about 3 years, he replaced Marc Dann, who was forced to step down due to corruption.

I think the governors race is a toss up, however if it were held now, I think Courdray would win 52-48. The GOP majority in Columbus seems to have ethics issues and I think many are fatigued with Kasich.

In the Senate race, Brown has the edge but Renacci I think could give him a run for his money.

906XJ

Re: Nasty GOP Primary going on in Ohio

Post by 906XJ » Sat May 05, 2018 8:52 am

Nobody cares... sorry.

906XJ

Re: Nasty GOP Primary going on in Ohio

Post by 906XJ » Tue May 08, 2018 7:11 pm

Jeez Brian... I was only kidding...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic