Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Alyssa Milano’s sex strike

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Turkeytop

Re: Alyssa Milano’s sex strike

Post by Turkeytop » Sun May 12, 2019 5:36 pm

Alyssa who? What the f**k is this about?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun May 12, 2019 5:43 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 4:37 pm
Because I never go along with what people tell me to do, I do the opposite. I had sex with multiple partners in reaction to this! Both men and women! Take that, Alyssa Milano!
TMI thing, TMI.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun May 12, 2019 5:51 pm

(CNN)Actress Alyssa Milano has become one of the #MeToo movement's most powerful celebrity mouthpieces, inspiring thousands of women to come forward with their stories of rape or assault. Last week, though, in calling for a "sex strike" to protest anti-abortion laws, she may have missed the mark — by a long shot.

"Our reproductive rights are being erased," she tweeted Friday. "Until women have legal control over our own bodies we just cannot risk pregnancy. JOIN ME by not having sex until we get bodily autonomy back."

Milano posted the missive a few days after Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp signed the "heartbeat bill," one of the most restrictive abortion laws in the nation. The legislation makes it illegal to have an abortion after a heartbeat has been detected in the womb — or about six weeks, which is before many women realize they are pregnant.

The Georgia law is a blow, for sure. But Milano's message, though attention-grabbing, was misguided. And far from feminist. In fact, it largely served to reinforce the idea that women's power lies primarily in their willingness to "give" men sex and that abstinence is the way to get that power back.

Think about it. In calling for a sex strike as a way to regain "bodily autonomy," as she put it, Milano is implying that women pretty much only have sex to please men or for babies. There's no acknowledgment that women might have sex for their own pleasure. Calling for a sex strike also suggests that women can, and should, bribe men with sex, effectively reinforcing an age-old stereotype, which feminism has worked hard to debunk, that all women have to offer is their bodies.

She later tweeted, "Protect your vaginas, ladies. Men in positions of power are trying to legislate them." But a sex strike to protest the "men in positions of power" excludes lesbians, among other people, entirely. Or is it OK in Milano's view to have sex with a partner who can't impregnate you? And what if you actually want to get pregnant?

Lastly, it implies that she thinks men — all men — are the problem when, in fact, many measures to restrict abortion and birth control are backed by women. Meanwhile, plenty of men work hard to protect women's rights. Pitting men against women is too easy and more divisive than is accurate or necessary.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 14992

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Sun May 12, 2019 6:22 pm

Alyssa Milano is certainly nothing to write home about, She’s just a television teenager soap opera has-been.

kager

Post by kager » Sun May 12, 2019 11:08 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 7:41 pm
Bryce wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 5:43 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 4:37 pm
Because I never go along with what people tell me to do, I do the opposite. I had sex with multiple partners in reaction to this! Both men and women! Take that, Alyssa Milano!
TMI thing, TMI.
I actually held back information. No details about toys, gerbils, fruit or vegetables. No timeframe either. You’re welcome.
Keep feeding it...

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

matt1

Post by matt1 » Mon May 13, 2019 2:12 am

I thought that Holly Marie Combs ("Charmed") was better looking than Alyssa!!

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon May 13, 2019 7:13 am

I agree Matt1, I always liked her better.

Deleted User 15003

Post by Deleted User 15003 » Tue May 14, 2019 2:46 am

And how would you know that dip stick.

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Tue May 14, 2019 10:45 pm

The Rule 34 version of Alyssa Milano is called Chanel Preston.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic