Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WDIV video editors asleep?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
RayQix

WDIV video editors asleep?

Post by RayQix » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:20 pm

So watching the 11pm WDIV newscast and happened to catch a missed edit/blur of a non-pc shirt worn by an Ann Arbor student.

I’ve edited this but if your imagination isn’t “quite there”, it says “F—-k T*****”, but clearly spelled out.

Just wondering if WDIV’s editor missed this or was it something else......?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted User 8570

Re: WDIV video editors asleep?

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:31 pm

RayQix wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:20 pm
So watching the 11pm WDIV newscast and happened to catch a missed edit/blur of a non-pc shirt worn by an Ann Arbor student.

I’ve edited this but if your imagination isn’t “quite there”, it says “F—-k T*****”, but clearly spelled out.

Why did you edit it? We can all take an F-bomb...

I’m sure somebody simply missed it...

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:12 am

We are all adults here, why would you edit out the word fuck?

Music is my life.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:13 am

But that is hilarious :rollin

Music is my life.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:14 am

Oh and the guy wearing the shirt in question looks hot af. Lol

Music is my life.

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:07 am

I'd love to meet "F**k Trump" dude and shake his hand . (By the way,your boy refuses to release his tax returns.Hmmmmm.) If DJT is re-elected,goodbye USA !!!!!!!!

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:30 am

RayQix wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:20 pm

Right Ray... somebody wants to risk their job having their employer subject to an FCC fine.
And if that really was the case then they shouldn't be in that position.

You never did say how long the video was on. You've got a screen capture of one frame of video. How many frames are there per second in digital video? 30? 60?

RadioRat

Post by RadioRat » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:41 am

The video isn't going to be on for a split second, do you want epilepsy? I'd guess at least 5 seconds, could be longer if it involves chanting or an interview. Doesn't necessarily mean the F- Trump guy was on screen for the whole time but it should've been caught. Fuck Trump is in the center of the screen...that isn't something you easily miss.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:03 pm

It was a 2 minute story and this section of video was about 15 seconds long.

It’s not that we can’t “take it”, but since I was trying to keep the post “mainly PG”, I showed the edited version.

bjmcdevitt

Post by bjmcdevitt » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:29 am

stopnswop2 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:12 am
Exactly. It's not like he said the word H*** or anything...

Please look at my signature.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:05 am

bjmcdevitt wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:29 am
stopnswop2 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:12 am
Exactly. It's not like he said the word H*** or anything...
:lol Good one!

Considering Ms. Tlaib's recent R-rated public comment concerning impeachment and our president's generally coarse public pronouncements, it wouldn't shock me if the F-bomb became part of general political discourse. :rolleyes
FWIW, my older next-door neighbor was genuinely taken aback by "Fix the damn roads".

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:15 am

borderboy653659200 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:07 am
I'd love to meet "F**k Trump" dude and shake his hand . (By the way,your boy refuses to release his tax returns.Hmmmmm.) If DJT is re-elected,goodbye USA !!!!!!!!
The F*ck Trump dude more than likely isn't even a student at UM, lives at home still and had to get $$ from mom to make it out to the Hash Bash, and why are you so worried about Trumps Tax returns?? You'll wake up in the morning, alive, your $$ still in your bank accounts, you'll still live your life as you do everyday. Ask about Pelosi's Tax returns, she's a multi Millionaire, courtesy of you and the American Taxpayer, why aren't you curious about her finances...??

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:49 am

lidoshuffle wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:15 am
borderboy653659200 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:07 am
The F*ck Trump dude more than likely isn't even a student at UM, lives at home still and had to get $$ from mom to make it out to the Hash Bash, and why are you so worried about Trumps Tax returns?? You'll wake up in the morning, alive, your $$ still in your bank accounts, you'll still live your life as you do everyday. Ask about Pelosi's Tax returns, she's a multi Millionaire, courtesy of you and the American Taxpayer, why aren't you curious about her finances...??
She bothers to release hers... this is strictly a Trump thing... there are things he’s desperate to not show otherwise he has nothing to lose and it would shut a lot of people up... we’d call that common sense but I won’t hold my breath that the man has any...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic