Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. All accepted new account registrations through 12-09-2017 at 9:00a ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

WDIV-Hard to Watch in the AM

Some folks just cannot resist the urge to debate current issues of the day...here's the place to satisfy your craving. BE FOREWARNED - if you are an intellectual lightweight, you might find it a bit rough in here. This place is kinda like a never-ending edition of the McLaughlin Group. (Whatever happened to Mort Zuckerman, anyway?)
jry

WDIV-Hard to Watch in the AM

Post by jry » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:11 pm

The Political bias is getting to be too much over at Loco 4.
A couple of days ago, a breathless Jason Carr was reporting on this H*** WikiLeaks scandal, involving Donald Jr. Oh, the tone of his voice made you believe that this was so sinister. Oh, the ONE TWEET that DJ reposted. OH MY! He spent well over a minute on this horrible and NOT ILLEGAL action.
Then, Rhonda did the story on Uranium One and Hillary. Normal chipper tone, rifling through the bullet points and out in about 20 seconds. If this keeps up, i will be shopping for a new morning news program.

chromacolor2

Re: WDIV-Hard to Watch in the AM

Post by chromacolor2 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:30 pm

News program? I thought that was just a forum for keeping up on mattress sales, used car events and auto accident law. In between those you get weather forecasts covering the next two hours. Kinda like those screens at gas pumps, except Loco 4 doesn't offer coffee and hot dogs.

When I want news, I turn the radio onto WJR at 5am and switch it off as soon as PWSmith's banjo music plays.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:15 pm

jry wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:11 pm
A couple of days ago, a breathless Jason Carr was reporting on this H*** WikiLeaks scandal, involving Donald Jr. Oh, the tone of his voice made you believe that this was so sinister. Oh, the ONE TWEET that DJ reposted. OH MY! He spent well over a minute on this horrible and NOT ILLEGAL action.
Then, Rhonda did the story on Uranium One and Hillary. Normal chipper tone, rifling through the bullet points and out in about 20 seconds. If this keeps up, i will be shopping for a new morning news program.
Since the Wikileaks thing is a problem and the uranium thing is a nothing it makes sense...

jry

Post by jry » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:43 am

Okay.... So, whoever writes the prompter gave Franken a bit of a pass. Rhonda read that she "appeared" to be sleeping as they were preforming a skit. What?! A skit on a military transport plane?

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:34 am

jry wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:43 am
Okay.... So, whoever writes the prompter gave Franken a bit of a pass. Rhonda read that she "appeared" to be sleeping as they were preforming a skit. What?! A skit on a military transport plane?
As I understand it she was sleeping during a break...

chromacolor2

Post by chromacolor2 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:59 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:34 am
jry wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:43 am
As I understand it she was sleeping during a break...
Flight back to LA from Afghanistan on a military transport.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:36 am

NS8401 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:15 pm
jry wrote:
Since the Wikileaks thing is a problem and the uranium thing is a nothing it makes sense...
If you say so...

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:19 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:36 am
NS8401 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:15 pm
jry wrote:
If you say so...
Even Shepard Smith from FOX destroyed the uranium conspiracy theory... nobody wants a special counsel because there is nothing to discuss... no clear crimes... nothing...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:49 pm

News program? I thought that was just a forum for keeping up on mattress sales, used car events and auto accident law. In between those you get weather forecasts covering the next two hours. Kinda like those screens at gas pumps, except Loco 4 doesn't offer coffee and hot dogs.
The above remark is hilarious because it is so TRUE. I love it!!!

To this day, it is difficult for me to watch Mush Mouth's traffic reports on Loco 4. I usually watch channel 7 or Fox 2 in the morning, usually between 15 and 20 minutes during the 6a hour.
C'mon iHeartRadio - do the RIGHT thing for once! Please cancel "Rover's Morning Glory" from WBFX in Grand Rapids.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic