Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Air pollution caused by whites disproportionately breathed in by blacks

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Air pollution caused by whites disproportionately breathed in by blacks

Post by bmw » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:39 pm

This reads like something from The Onion. But nope....USA Today....
Blacks and Hispanics disproportionately breathe air that's been polluted by non-Hispanic whites, according to a study. This new research quantifies for the first time the racial gap between who causes air pollution – and who breathes it.

"Pollution is disproportionately caused by whites, but disproportionately inhaled by black and Hispanic minorities," the study said.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... topstories

Matt

Re: Air pollution caused by whites disproportionately breathed in by blacks

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:05 pm

Wow, these "researchers" are sooooooooo woke!!!

Its good to know that all of the country's public health needs have been addressed so completely that money can be wasted on this nonsensical "research". This is a math problem combined with population migration over the years. There are more white people, period. IF every person consumed the same number of goods created in a factory that produces air pollution, by definition, white people would be responsible for a majority of the pollution if we're basing that calculation on consumption. Add that to the fact that more often than not, you will find minorities and lower class whites living in the areas where factories exist. You don't often see middle class minorities or whites in those same areas. I'm not saying what I've stated is either right or wrong, it just is. Any attempt to intervene is nothing short of social engineering.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic