Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I Don't Care What You Say Anymore, This Is MyLife

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
CK-722

I Don't Care What You Say Anymore, This Is MyLife

Post by CK-722 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:31 am

Anybody check their MyLife Reputation Score?

Kind of grinds me that my unrequited HS crush is 0.1 higher than me! But satisfying that it's so close. I think she thought that I was not in her league socioeconomically.

But sometimes I think its hilarious when people who are really arrogant have a score that's either really low or lower than me.

Now, I realize that these scores don't really mean much. But they are sure fun to go through.

Sometimes, the information is very inaccurate to the point of being laugh out loud funny. Like the German American HS classmate that has their ethnicity shown as Hispanic. Though there is one famous 3/4 German and 1/4 Hispanic woman who used to hang out in my home town when she was very young. There's a picture of her in her Grandparents' garden which is quite well known. And SHE does look BOTH German and Hispanic simultaneously.

The other thing is where the person is listed as a member of the opposite political party from what you know to be the case. I fall into that category. That's laugh out loud too.

I recommend leaving your MyLife entry alone, unless it shows something really damaging. You don't really want people to know your income, home value, or net worth. Those are three things that are frequently wrong on MyLife.
Last edited by CK-722 on Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Is THAT where they got the idea for the 486-SX?

Same (x, y, z), different (t)

Your bullet missed my trial balloon.

RTN Price. Not guaranteed. As of 12:30, 157.71 Down 0.22.

Artificial Intelligence is a Child that needs a Parent to guide it through.

Deleted User 10525

Re: I Don't Care Any More What You Say, This Is MyLife

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:52 am

That site, I put in a complaint to the BBB and one other place, they took the profile only to put in back up! That site should be shut down!

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:17 am

1027BrianFM wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:52 am
That site, I put in a complaint to the BBB and one other place, they took the profile only to put in back up! That site should be shut down!
What does the site post that isn't public information?

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:43 pm

Is it free?

Music is my life.

Deleted User 10525

Re: I Don't Care What You Say Anymore, This Is MyLife

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:13 pm

It's a scam. You sign up and to be able to do anything, they want you to pay. Eff that.

It's my information, I don't want people knowing my address, what kind of car I drive, and my income. The page was deleted then some idiot put it back up. ugh..

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:45 am

1027BrianFM wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:13 pm
It's a scam. You sign up and to be able to do anything, they want you to pay. Eff that.

It's my information, I don't want people knowing my address, what kind of car I drive, and my income. The page was deleted then some idiot put it back up. ugh..
You drive a Yugo, make 500,000 dimes a week and live over there... see? Didn’t need a site for that...

CK-722

Post by CK-722 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:48 pm

Glad to hear the assessment of the correction sign up being a scam. All my friends and relatives were upset at the mistakes in their profiles. I told them to leave it alone.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:13 pm

Sounds like a data-mining racket. Post personal info about you from third-party sources that may or may not be correct and then charge you to give them more personal info that they can sell to other third parties for a quick buck.

There are a lot of so-called "directory" sites out there that charge a fee to show what they supposedly know about you and/or offer you the "opportunity" to correct that data for a "nominal fee". Most of them would not be considered credible sources of information by parties seeking information for legitimate purposes. I would guess the bulk of their clienteles consist of spammers looking to target anyone who willingly gives their personal info to these sites. Enticing you with bogus info about yourself just serves as the bait to lure you in.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

CK-722

Post by CK-722 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:50 am

If you pick the wrong site and select the wrong button, you can end up being asked to pay for a phone number.

They make a lot of mistakes in religion too. If you're name is Ross or Rose, they may think you are Christian rather than Jewish with a shortened name. If you're name is McBerman, they may decide you are Jewish rather than Irish Catholic, because of the Berman part.

I'd just keep laughing, and get worried when they get it all right inexplicably.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic