Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Gretcholm wants to raise fuel taxes by 45 cents/gallon by 2020

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 8570

Re: Gretcholm wants to raise fuel taxes by 45 cents/gallon by 2020

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:22 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:55 am
Roundabouts are supposed to improve safety. Whether or not that's true is debatable, and not my point. Also, I don't think "Useless or experimental road building plans, like traffic circles and US-23 north of Ann Arbor haulted until the existing roads are repaired" is a good idea. Reason being: should we fix those roads that need upgrading or rebuilding to old standards, finish, then say "well, let's try the new plan now, so TEAR IT UP!"? That's poor planning. Kill two birds with one stone, since we don't have many stones. Investing and improving construction methods may require some experimenting. And you can't experiment on a road without tearing it up, so let's get it all done at once.
Exactly...

Is there a reason we can’t just redo our state laws and governments to ape one of the other states such as Indiana or Ohio with better roads? Surely we can learn some things from those sorts of places...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic