Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Reducing Car Insurance Rates Committee

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 4520

Reducing Car Insurance Rates Committee

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:57 pm

New site just launched. Some interesting statistics on there...compare Michigan with Ohio!! Even with other neighboring states! Something MUST be done.

https://www.reducemiratesnow.com

TC Talks

Re: Reducing Car Insurance Rates Committee

Post by TC Talks » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:42 pm

TheForce wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:57 pm
New site just launched. Some interesting statistics on there...compare Michigan with Ohio!! Even with other neighboring states! Something MUST be done.
https://www.reducemiratesnow.com
Yes, it was done... Republicans in our state made it illegal to reveal who has donated to their political action committees. This means your exorbitant insurance rates are paying the bribes to Michigan legislators to look the other way about high insurance rates.

Good luck!

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:32 pm

Don't care who caused this, just want it fixed. No reason for Michigan to have the highest auto insurance rates in the country.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:31 pm

TheForce wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:32 pm
Don't care who caused this, just want it fixed. No reason for Michigan to have the highest auto insurance rates in the country.
And I'm telling you it won't happen. No one cares like insurance companies care about profit.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 10525

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:06 am

MI,MT,and I think LA are the highest. Ohio and Maine are the lowest. When I moved to Ohio back in 2005, I was paying almost 900$ for a six month policy, in Monroe County. I moved(at the time) 10 minutes over the state the line, a similar policy was well under 400$. I see a lot of tractor trailers with Maine plates on them come to think of it.

I work with someone, who's one relative lives in Michigan. They have there car registered at there house, because of the insurance.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:04 am

I know that some people rely on the unlimited thing but why should everyone else pay out the nose so they can keep it? Other states seem to me do just fine without it. Michigan can be an expensive place to live.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:59 am

Big hospital systems, big insurance, and big money trial lawyers ALL contribute heavily to political candidates. Both major parties receive money from these constituencies.

The insurance companies seem supportive of meaningful reform, ironically enough. The other two groups are much larger impediments.

It is primarily the big hospital systems (Beaumont, Henry Ford, Spectrum, Mercy) and big money trial lawyers who want to screw over Michigan consumers. Big medicine uses Michigan's insurance reimbursement system as corporate welfare.

I commend any & all efforts in Lansing to reform Michigan's atrocious insurance system. Failure to get meaningful reform enacted is a tremendous failure of the Snyder years, IMO. Snyder's efforts in this area seemed half-hearted, especially the second time around. What's really depressing is how many Republicans voted against reform. That result partially falls on Snyder's shoulders.

I am more optimistic that the current crop of politicians in Lansing will finally get something done.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic