Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. All accepted new account registrations through 12-09-2017 at 9:00a ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

POTUS Is Straight Jacket Bound

Some folks just cannot resist the urge to debate current issues of the day...here's the place to satisfy your craving. BE FOREWARNED - if you are an intellectual lightweight, you might find it a bit rough in here. This place is kinda like a never-ending edition of the McLaughlin Group. (Whatever happened to Mort Zuckerman, anyway?)
NS8401

Re: POTUS Is Straight Jacket Bound

Post by NS8401 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:40 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:43 am
NS8401 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:04 pm
The Senate map is definitely in the Republicans favor though so a split congress is possible. They'd have to cooperate... what a novelty...
They can't even get stuff done when they don't have to cooperate with the other side. If we have a divided government in 2018, then absolutely NOTHING will get done (which might not be a bad thing). At least with Trump in office we don't have democrats passing a bunch of new federal rules and regulations.
So at what point of complete decline and rot will you tap out and admit something needs to be done to advance the country, improve people's lives and stay relevant in the world? 2nd or 3rd world status?

This doing nothing bullshit is detrimental to progress and development and whatever ridiculous ideas you have about rules and regulations you should set them aside or temper them... we are declining and failing as a country by saying dumb stuff like "at least the Denocrats aren't...", grow up and act like an adult... be the better person and try to work with the other side, try to convince them that working together solves problems. These preconceived notions both sides have about each other are not only kindergarten nonsense but counterproductive and useless...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:48 pm

They couldn't even pass a clean repeal of Obamacare - the very thing they put on Obama's desk HOW MANY TIMES? How is that Trump's fault? That is 100 percent on Congress.
I do agree with you on that point, bmw.

However, on the Obamacare replacement legislation, Trump added absolutely zero value.

If anything gets done with health care, I suspect it will be during a lame duck congressional session in November or December 2018.
C'mon iHeartRadio - do the RIGHT thing for once! Please cancel "Rover's Morning Glory" from WBFX in Grand Rapids.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:01 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:48 pm
They couldn't even pass a clean repeal of Obamacare - the very thing they put on Obama's desk HOW MANY TIMES? How is that Trump's fault? That is 100 percent on Congress.
I do agree with you on that point, bmw.

However, on the Obamacare replacement legislation, Trump added absolutely zero value.

If anything gets done with health care, I suspect it will be during a lame duck congressional session in November or December 2018.
It's easy to posture for your constituents when you can't do anything... it's far harder to do something you postured about when only 14% of people want it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic