Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. Please visit the newly created "Buzzboard v3.0 features" forum to view announcements as to recently installed new features, as well as to report any issues or share your opinions regarding recent site changes. All accepted new account registrations through 10-07-2017 at 9:30a ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

If Trump is a racist, then so was Obama

Some folks just cannot resist the urge to debate current issues of the day...here's the place to satisfy your craving. BE FOREWARNED - if you are an intellectual lightweight, you might find it a bit rough in here. This place is kinda like a never-ending edition of the McLaughlin Group. (Whatever happened to Mort Zuckerman, anyway?)
bmw

Re: If Trump is a racist, then so was Obama

Post by bmw » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:16 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:29 am
It's sad when a police officer gets killed but it's equally sad when a police officer abuses his role in the community.
You're illustrating my point perfectly. When a black guy, at a BLM rally, who hates white cops, shoots and kills 5 white cops, it is fair to lay blame on both sides. When a white supremacist kills a woman at a white supremacist rally, laying blame on both sides (ie, Trump) makes him a racist. Moreover, considering the Charlottesville victim was white, race was not even a factor, so maybe someone could explain why Trump's comments blaming "both sides" make him a racist as so many in the media have claimed.
I have read another perspective that much of this excessive violence is related to stress and lack of training. I believe that's more likely the case than racism within the ranks...While most became police officers to help those around them...
Wait, I thought that the police were specifically at the "core" of the racism problem in this country?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:46 pm

You're still basing your arguments on the false logic that says if Trump is a racist, then Obama must also be a racist. Trump is, without any doubt, a racist, That fact stands on its own. His racism isn't contingent on anyone else also being a racist. Trump is a racist because of his own prejudices and his own attitudes, not because of Someone elses's.

It really doesn't matter who else might be a racist. It doesn't mitigate Trump's racism one iota.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:24 am

Why would the FBI be investigating this if it was cartoonish?
(C) 2017 TC Talks. Assembled in U.S.A.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:52 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:24 am
Why would the FBI be investigating this if it was cartoonish?
Investigating what exactly?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:48 pm

Read the above linked article.
(C) 2017 TC Talks. Assembled in U.S.A.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:45 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:48 pm
Read the above linked article.
I did... I haven't a clue what you are talking about... that author did some goofy gymnastics to argue racism has to be both personal and institutional... that's bullshit.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic