Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Jay Towers

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
iloveblackpeople

Jay Towers

Post by iloveblackpeople » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:14 am

How does he anchor Fox 2 News and do his radio show simultaneously? Does he just track the radio show ahead of time or does he put on a headset during commercial breaks and pre-taped pieces and yack for a couple of minutes with the radio crew until his next live shot? I'm not in radio so I am curious.

Deleted User 14888

Re: Jay Towers

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:52 am

They take a cut-out of Jay’s Image and place on The Fox 2 Set and there’s a speaker that’s next to the microphone, Meanwhile Jay’s in The WNIC restroom on his cellphone reading the News stories of the day for Fox 2, it’s just like being at Fox 2, It’s just amazing what we can do today in the broadcast biz with all this great technology. I just love it.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:33 am

They record the morning show on WNIC the afternoon before.
It is not at all live, not even partially.

Music is my life.

iloveblackpeople

Post by iloveblackpeople » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:04 pm

I haven't listened to NIC's morning show in a long time but if they actually do record it the afternoon prior and most radio morning shows do nothing but talk about the previous night's reality shows on TV or the morning weather it would seem that show would not be very topical.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:52 pm

I dont listen myself.
When I have listened though I got bored very fast.

Music is my life.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:53 pm

OK, It’s time for me to chime in on Jay Towers, Is the man Talented? The answer Ladies and Gentlemen is Yes, Does he do a good job as a Radio Personality?, The answer is Yes, Is he a good Television Personality?The answer is Yes, But Here’s where the problem comes in, Now this is just my opinion, When I listen to The WNIC to me it seems like it’s condensed, canned or just seems like it’s lacking something, This by the way is not Jay’s fault, it could be a technical thing, I just don’t know what it is, One thing for sure to me it’s a turn off factor, So I just put on a CD in the car and enjoy my Oldies, Now on the TV thing Jay is no doubt good on Fox 2, I think he’s perfect on Channel 2, To me he’s the best that Channel 2 has in the morning, Personally I think Jay needs to get rid of the radio gig and stay with Television, That’s my take on Mr. Towers and I mean that with Respect, What do you all think?

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:34 pm

His voice irritates me.
I used to be okay with him when he was on DRQ, but now.. he gets on my nerves.

And Oldies 84, if the show was actually live it might actually sound good. That's my opinion on it

Music is my life.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:39 pm

That is part of the problem, And it doesn’t do Jay any justice, I meet him some time ago, And He’s a Class act and just an all around guy, kind and charitable.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:41 pm

Completely agree with you on all that about him.
He's awesome.

I just get annoyed by his voice, lol.

Music is my life.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:43 pm

Let me clarify his "radio voice"
He needs to use his normal voice during the show.
He sounds just fine normally, but the voice he puts on during the show is just... weird

Music is my life.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:50 pm

I think that’s Just goes with us radio guys, I do that around the house and drive Kim crazy talking like a Top 40 DJ, Like the other day we’re eating dinner and I asked her to pass the potatoes in a Top 40 deep voice, Then she said knock the f’ing shit off this is the dinner table not CKLW asshole.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:08 am

Lmao

Music is my life.

non-anon bob

Post by non-anon bob » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:02 am

Oldies 84 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:50 pm
I think that’s Just goes with us radio guys, I do that around the house and drive Kim crazy talking like a Top 40 DJ, Like the other day we’re eating dinner and I asked her to pass the potatoes in a Top 40 deep voice, Then she said knock the f’ing shit off this is the dinner table not CKLW asshole.
After she passed the bowl, you should have replied "And the potatoes just Keep on Coming!" :razz

...and NOW, Ladies & Gentlemen...The Next Poster!
...CKLW, the Motor City...

deadend

Post by deadend » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:11 am

I don’t think he’s bad. Not necessarily talented, either, just very middle of the road and for employers he’s non offensive and very vanilla, which I believe keeps him employed.
Sometimes his voice sounds like Kermit the frog. To me, he’s the embodiment of what makes for boring radio.

Lickalime

Post by Lickalime » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:19 pm

I have never understood the popularity of Towers. Never liked him on DRQ (hated the whole morning show with Rachel and crew). Don't think he's any better on tv either.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic