Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. Please visit the newly created "Buzzboard v3.0 features" forum to view announcements as to recently installed new features, as well as to report any issues or share your opinions regarding recent site changes. All accepted new account registrations through 10-07-2017 at 9:30a ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Russia Russia Russia

Some folks just cannot resist the urge to debate current issues of the day...here's the place to satisfy your craving. BE FOREWARNED - if you are an intellectual lightweight, you might find it a bit rough in here. This place is kinda like a never-ending edition of the McLaughlin Group. (Whatever happened to Mort Zuckerman, anyway?)
Turkeytop

Re: Russia Russia Russia

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:52 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:22 pm
Hillary set up. Left after a few minutes. The Russkie didn't deliver. Another Nothing Burger. Think Hillary wouldn't have taken a similar bait about Trump if offered? Think again.

"Nothing burger". So original.

But it aint fake news.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:26 pm

Edward Kennedy, whose political career should have ended after he allowed Mary Jo Kopechne to drown after driving off a bridge after a drunken wild party on Martha's Vineyard, then tried to get a relative to take the rap, and didn't report the crime until his BAC approached a lower range, REALLY did collude with the Russians. Read what REAL collusion with the Russians consists of. If you can't see the difference, then you aren't trying.

http://dailysignal.com/2016/12/14/ted-k ... -election/
Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:04 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:26 pm
Edward Kennedy, whose political career should have ended after he allowed Mary Jo Kopechne to drown after driving off a bridge after a drunken wild party on Martha's Vineyard, then tried to get a relative to take the rap, and didn't report the crime until his BAC approached a lower range, REALLY did collude with the Russians. Read what REAL collusion with the Russians consists of. If you can't see the difference, then you aren't trying.

http://dailysignal.com/2016/12/14/ted-k ... -election/
Did I say anything about collusion? I just said it isn't fake news. Nothing that Ted Kennedy did 30 years ago, mitigates anything the Trumps are doing today.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:21 pm

Not Fake News. Obama gave Russkie lawyer special Visa a few days before Trump son meeting.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... with-trump

This is a rabbit hole the Left can't keep going down without exposing 044 and FL0TUS 42 to further investigation.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:39 pm

You know what TC Shuts Up? You're just pitifully stupid.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:14 am

screen glare read Saul Alinsky's "Rules For Radicals" and thinks the opposition can't use the same rules against the Left.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:39 pm

The Russia story is getting tiring and I think is being severely overplayed.

What bugs me about the way it is being reported is that rather than simply reporting the facts and allowing the viewers to reach their own conclusions, the media long ago reached its own conclusion that Trump colluded with Russia, that said collusion cost Hillary the election, and thus that Trump is illegitimate. And now, day-in and day-out, the media shapes its reporting of the facts to fit that agenda and conclusion rather than the other way around.

I've never seen anything like this in my lifetime - that being, the degree of obsession that so many in the media have with one particular story.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:42 pm

Also worth pointing out is that the stock market keeps hitting record highs AND Trump's approval rating is, albeit not by much, the highest it has been in nearly 2 months. If the Russia story was everything the media is selling it to be, neither of these would be the case. Investors would be worried about impeachment turmoil and Trump's approval rating would be in the low 30s or worse.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:30 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:42 pm
Also worth pointing out is that the stock market keeps hitting record highs AND Trump's approval rating is, albeit not by much, the highest it has been in nearly 2 months. If the Russia story was everything the media is selling it to be, neither of these would be the case. Investors would be worried about impeachment turmoil and Trump's approval rating would be in the low 30s or worse.
The stock market is a bubble right now anyways... so I think it's gonna go up still...

The Republicans are too afraid of alienating the base to do anything about Trump unless Mueller comes back with evidence more devastating than we have... without that there is no reason for the market to worry about impeachment because the GOP won't do anything about it. Trump and to an extent the GOP congress is inept anyways so I don't think his administration will ever be fully staffed (which is badly needed) or that the GOP will ever get meaningful legislation passed (they don't have people left that know how to get things done... just people who obstructed for their time in there post Bush particularly the staff of the GOP congress, the ones who do the dirty work on bills and things).

It does seem weird the endless Russian connections between Trumps people and the Kremlin... to think The Donald was oblivious to it all suggests naivety on the person thinking that or that Trump is so inept he has no idea what anybody around him does or has done previously... personally I think either option is alarming...

The other thing is that we are not investigating the East Cupcake Mayors office for collusion with the local dog catcher... this is extremely complex stuff that will take a while to sort through... Russia was subsiding somewhat for lack of News until this thing with Jr. Came out...
Last edited by NS8401 on Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:36 pm

Of course, the stock market is doing well. The capitalists love Trump. How does that serve the average working class guy who was duped into voting for Trump?

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:38 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:36 pm
Of course, the stock market is doing well. The capitalists love Trump. How does that serve the average working class guy who was duped into voting for Trump?
Hint: it doesn't...

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:19 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Most working class guys, myself included, have 401K's or IRA's that invest in the stock market. Pension programs that serve various unions are invested in the stock market too. I would consider that "served".
Last edited by Bryce on Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Repeal And Replace, Mitch Mcconnell.~

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:30 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:30 pm
...the GOP will ever get meaningful legislation passed (they don't have people left that know how to get things done...
I'll give you that one. When you control all 3 bodies of the federal government there is absolutely no excuse for not getting stuff done. It blows my mind that they can't even do something as simple as repeal Obamacare. The House put a clean repeal bill on Obama's desk how many times? And now that they have the numbers to actually do it, they have decided not to? I can't begin to describe my frustration with how inept republicans are at dealing with healthcare.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:32 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:19 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Most working class guys, myself included, have 401K's or IRA's that invest in the stock market. Pension programs that serve various unions are invested in the stock market too. I would consider that "serve".
This.

And I also put much of my limited savings into the stock market. I've actually made some decent money since Trump took office. Getting close to ready to sell some of my holdings.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:33 pm

Repeal And Replace, Mitch Mcconnell.~

What's that all about? I thought all you right wing extremists love McConnel.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:44 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:33 pm
Repeal And Replace, Mitch Mcconnell.~

What's that all about? I thought all you right wing extremists love McConnel.
Mitch is a big government, inside-the-beltway phony, that undercuts conservatives and conservative principles at every turn.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:49 pm

Mitch is working hard to repeal your health care. That should count for something. It's not his fault that he can't get his own caucus to support it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:08 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:49 pm
Mitch is working hard to repeal your health care. That should count for something. It's not his fault that he can't get his own caucus to support it.
The bill he's pushing doesn't come even close to anything resembling a "repeal".

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:01 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:08 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:49 pm
The bill he's pushing doesn't come even close to anything resembling a "repeal".
Because the moderates want a... well... moderate modification to Obamacare and Conservatives want to nuke the thing. Unfortunately the conservatives allergy to compromise extends to their own party...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:35 pm

The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree...

Don, Jr. is every bit the unapologetic liar his father is!

"It's disgusting..."

"It's SO phony..."

"I cannot think of bigger lies!!!"

:x
C'mon iHeartRadio - do the RIGHT thing for once! Please cancel "Rover's Morning Glory" from WBFX in Grand Rapids.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic