Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Radio Station Memorbillia From Years Past

Here's your place to reminisce about classic radio and television. Want to share memories of The Big 8? How about J.P. McCarthy? Do it here!
Deleted User 14888

Radio Station Memorbillia From Years Past

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:38 pm

What are some of the Radio Station items that you have collected through the years, and that you would never give up, here are a few items that I have Collected, WABX Coffee Mug with the ABX Pup also the t-shirt with Logo, Multiple WLLZ t-shirts, WOMC t-shirt with Bell Bottom Lettering in the Logo, Honey Radio Coffee Mug and WWCK Flint’s Best Rock t-shirt just to name a few. What do you have for Radio Memorbillia.

Deleted User 24

Re: Radio Station Memorbillia From Years Past

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:11 am

Paystubs.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:34 am

Mine weren’t big enough to support a Wife and Children, had to work a second job during my entire radio career, and eventually open up a family business. When I lost my first Wife to the Big C in ‘95 the Hospital bills were gigantic, so I was forced to do something that would pay off the debts and it wasn’t broadcasting, so my family and myself decided to open up franchises in the fast food industry, and I Thank God that I had that opportunity.

BeerMan

Post by BeerMan » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:48 pm

I've never collected anything per se but I just ran across one of these the other day while rummaging through my basement. Wish I still had the baseball style t-shirt that went with it.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:17 pm

That’s a keeper, I was able to get W4 t-shirts up until 2 years ago through a company called Cafepress, They don’t have the W4 shirts or coffee mugs anymore but still do CKLW, Keener 13 and WABX shirts and mugs actually a very cool site you should check them out, Also Zazzle is another great place to shop for radio gear of yesteryear. Check them both out you will be impressed. Zazzle is where I can still get all my WLLZ stuff from.
Also The Detroit Shirt Company, They Have one WABX design (ABX pup) and WLLZ one design as well, They also have a web site for ordering.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic