Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Another Democrat Woman For President

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

Another Democrat Woman For President

Post by screen glare » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:55 am

K Harris just officially announced she’s in the running.

Let me be the first to address the standard issue we immediately hear when this happens.

IS SHE LIKABLE?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

ZenithCKLW

Re: Another Democrat Woman For President

Post by ZenithCKLW » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:51 am

Or, "oh no, another Granholm governing!"

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:03 am

screen glare wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:55 am
K Harris just officially announced she’s in the running.

Let me be the first to address the standard issue we immediately hear when this happens.

IS SHE LIKABLE?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Her or Warren are not the right answer.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:40 am

Which woman IS “the right answer” to the inevitible and early question about each female running for US president - IS SHE LIKABLE?

Come to think of it - what makes an American woman likable as a candidate for president?

It must be a very American hang up because most other countries have had and have female Presidents, Queens, Prime Ministers, etc. Why is The USA tossed into the backward bin? Along with the other backward countries where women are second class citizens?

As The King of Siam says in that famous American musical - “Is A Puzzlement!”

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:57 am

Please let Harris get the nomination. OH PLEEEAAAASEEEE......

That would be Trump's dream come true. She's the worst kind of west coast liberal and would get steamrolled in the states Trump will need again - Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin (not to mention Ohio, Florida, and the Carolinas). I'm going to predict right now that if she gets the nomination, Trump will win by at least as big of an electoral vote margin as he did in 2016, if not by a slightly larger one.

As to the question of likable women running for President - I'm not sure why so few likable women run for President, but I suspect that it might have something to do with the personality traits one must have to even want to run in the first place.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:36 pm

It beats another limp dick asshole.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:59 pm

“...the personality traits one must have...”

Thanks, bmw.

Now would you please name those personality traits? So that we may understand why they make a woman candidate unlikable. And why they make a man candidate, or do not make a man candidate unlikable.

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:29 pm

screen glare wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:59 pm
“...the personality traits one must have...”

Thanks, bmw.

Now would you please name those personality traits? So that we may understand why they make a woman candidate unlikable. And why they make a man candidate, or do not make a man candidate unlikable.
Post hoc ergo propter hoc?

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:51 pm

No. Unless that’s the way you interpret it. Thanks for playing.

Now bmw - please name the personality traits to which you refer. Because this word “likability” seems to be a description associated with females who have just tossed their hats into the ring. In much the same way the word “shrill” pops up in assesments of female candidates who speak with gusto.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:30 pm

Gretchen Whitmer is "likable". Hillary Clinton is "not likable". Elizabeth Warren is trying to be "likable". Kamala Harris is "tbd"

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:10 pm

Well, I never heard of her until this thread started. So I called upon my dear friend Google to show me the light.
She's relatively young. 54. Some things she did when she was attorney general will not sit well with Lovinlife.
Pro-abortion if that matters much to anyone. For the most part, I like her positions on foreign policy.
She's for single-payer health care. Pretty much the party line on immigration, the wall, dreamers.

Now me personally, I think any woman is going to beat Trump in 2020. My personal opinion. I think Warren or Harris or Gabbard or Gillibrand could pull it off. What Screen Glare says is right on. We've had our first black president (half and half but it counts), The country now is ready for its first woman president. The woman of America are ready for a woman. And the frosting on the cake is the Billy Bush Bus Tape. Gas could be 39 cents a gallon, and every American working, and it don't matter. Exploiting that tape will make every woman vote for another woman. Trust me.

I believe the only reason we don't have a woman now, is because it would take two hands to count the number of women I personally know that didn't vote for Hillary because she didn't drop Bill like 3rd period French over his discretions. You guys seriously don't realize how big of a deal that was to the women in America. That she stood on the side of someone they think should be on the National Pedophile Registry. You can say "Oh, it was between two consenting adults". Yeah, but that still didn't sit well with more women than you think.

Here's the wild card. Jumping Joe. Biden would be 78 on inauguration day in 2021, making him the oldest U.S. president ever elected. He has reportedly said in private that he sees himself as the only Democrat who could defeat Trump in 2020. Could he get into this fray? And if he did, would he be, like Clinton was, the Anointed Heir? The Chosen One before the primaries even run? We know once that happens, Christ couldn't come down and get the nomination. If he does get anointed, the women don't stand a chance against the Democratic Machine at the convention.

And that's the wrinkle. I'm not confident at all that Biden can beat Trump in the general. Not at all. For one, this dude is squirrely. He will go off the script just as much as The Donald does. How will that play? We shall see. It's early. I'm sure there's still more curves than Lombard Drive before we get anywhere near the first primary.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic