Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. Please visit the newly created "Buzzboard v3.0 features" forum to view announcements as to recently installed new features, as well as to report any issues or share your opinions regarding recent site changes. All accepted new account registrations through 10-07-2017 at 9:30a ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Arrogant Left Is Proud Of Their Acts-Update-More Outrageous

Some folks just cannot resist the urge to debate current issues of the day...here's the place to satisfy your craving. BE FOREWARNED - if you are an intellectual lightweight, you might find it a bit rough in here. This place is kinda like a never-ending edition of the McLaughlin Group. (Whatever happened to Mort Zuckerman, anyway?)
craig11152

Re: Arrogant Left Is Proud Of Their Acts-Update-More Outrageous

Post by craig11152 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:59 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:42 pm
There seem to have been two different sets of people there against the racists... those who came armed (anarchists I'd bet) and the folks that got tossed about like rag dolls... I'm not even sure where the sarcasm in the last statement you made was going...
Maybe there were two different sets of racists. Those who wanted to peacefully display their ignorance and hate (while ready for confrontation) and that guy who wanted to foment violence without provocation. That last statement was to suggest the level of violence that one guy committed may not have been indicative of the rest of the knuckle draggers just like the "anarchists" weren't representing all the counter protesters.
Finally, he switched to a bone saw to finish the job, and at 9:17 p.m., Mountain time, the head of the greatest hitter who ever lived had been sliced off.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:56 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:28 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:56 pm
Being opposed to hate and bigotry doesn't make one a "left wing nut." It's called decency.
I agree 100%. But according to local news reports I've read both sides came fully prepared for violence. So when many of those "opposed to hate and bigotry" showed up equipped and prepared to engage in violence then in fact do so they aren't a whole lot different than those they oppose.
These weren't a bunch of MLK nonviolent wannabes they were people who hate every bit as much as the haters they fought.

I don't see racism as a left/right issue. I'm sure there are lots of Democrats who are racist and there might be a smattering of Republicans, outside the Trump base, who aren't.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:41 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:56 pm
I don't see racism as a left/right issue. I'm sure there are lots of Democrats who are racist and there might be a smattering of Republicans, outside the Trump base, who aren't.
again we agree. I think you are nitpicking my words....so how about this...
Some person or handful of people decided to have a rally/demonstration espousing some vague definition of ideology A. A bunch of people, each with some personal version of Ideology A (heretofore referred to as IA) decide to participate. Then a bunch of people also with individual definitions of IA decided to protest because their version of IA was offensive. So the IA marchers showed up to march and some of them were prepared for violence to varying degrees. The IA protesters showed up to protest, some of them prepared for violence as well. At his point, for sake of discussion, and realizing every individual had their own unique definition of IA, I will divide the crowd in to Team IA and Team Anti IA (heretofore referred to as Team AIA). At some point (11:30 AM according to local news sources) Team IA and Team AIA began to perpetrate violent acts against the opposing team.
Finally, he switched to a bone saw to finish the job, and at 9:17 p.m., Mountain time, the head of the greatest hitter who ever lived had been sliced off.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:02 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:41 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:56 pm
again we agree. I think you are nitpicking my words....so how about this...
Some person or handful of people decided to have a rally/demonstration espousing some vague definition of ideology A. A bunch of people, each with some personal version of Ideology A (heretofore referred to as IA) decide to participate. Then a bunch of people also with individual definitions of IA decided to protest because their version of IA was offensive. So the IA marchers showed up to march and some of them were prepared for violence to varying degrees. The IA protesters showed up to protest, some of them prepared for violence as well. At his point, for sake of discussion, and realizing every individual had their own unique definition of IA, I will divide the crowd in to Team IA and Team Anti IA (heretofore referred to as Team AIA). At some point (11:30 AM according to local news sources) Team IA and Team AIA began to perpetrate violent acts against the opposing team.
And the rest they say is history...

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:12 pm

And in an attempt to clarify my position.....
I do not in any way condone or support the causes of the initial demonstrators, the guys I dubbed Team IA. The ones with swastikas, confederate flags, etc.
My only point is just because people showed up to counter demonstrate (Team AIA) doesn't automatically earn each and every one of them a white hat.
Last edited by craig11152 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

906XJ

Post by 906XJ » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:14 pm

Remember that guy that shot up the softball game?

Remember how he asked, "are these Republicans" or something?

Yeah... me neither.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:46 am

The wild-eyed president of The United States is mentally ill.

How can he be removed from office?

Meanwhile - you fools debate a bunch of crap.

Better get with the biggest issue at hand: removing a mentally ill man from the office that allows him to launch nuclear weapons.

Stop debating and save your country. Become what all Americans were born to become: true patriots.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:28 am

Sorry for the intelligent debate. I know ranting and raving is all you can wrap your head around.
Are you also Lovinlife101?

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:50 am

Honestly Craig - debate is good - until we reach the end of our rope. And run out of time.

Alarm bells are sounding so loudly after Trump's remarks that even his most ardent defenders and apologists are taken aback and left with nothing.

Take your mind off the battle between parties and ideologies and join the only campaign that now matters: Saving our country!

Trump must go. He's unfit to preside over, lead, or govern anything. Because he is mentally ill.

And if you were conned and voted for him - be a man, admit you were mislead, become a true patriot, and for God's sake help get the guy away from the seat of power.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:18 pm

I didn't vote for him or Hilary....but I did vote on election day.
Perhaps you can fill me/us in on what you are doing to get him removed from office....other than posting to a limited audience in this corner of the Internet.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:02 pm

So you voted for someone who didn't have a chance of becoming POTUS. Simply took your marbles and went home. Childish. Actually threw away your vote.

And you gave a mentally ill man who showed you he was a cowardly bully, entitled man-baby, hater of women, hater of Mexicans, hater of Muslims, disrespecter of gold star parents, spreader of the birther conspiracy, prolific liar, draft dodger five times, denegrater of military heroism, con artist, and a person who took veteran's money via the greedy scheme of Trump University...a chance to become president of The United States.

Brilliant, Craig.

Thank you.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:13 pm

so you aren't doing anything but ranting? That's your fix America strategy?
And if everybody voted the way I did Trump wouldn't be President so your whinny insults are pointless.

906XJ

Post by 906XJ » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:35 pm

Mentally ill... oh the irony.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:26 am

906XJ wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:35 pm
Mentally ill... oh the irony.
Since you can both look at each other and see a mirror image I do see the irony...

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:35 pm

The president of The United States of America is mentally ill with Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Your absurd defense or mitigation of his symptomatic words and actions will never make him well.

You've put a dangerously unhinged charismatic con artist at the helm of the US military with the power to launch nuclear weapons - as well as his white power Nazi loving hate speech.

The spineless. The gutless. The self-satisfied. I'm sure your comfort zone awaits your retreat.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic