Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

D W Tunnel

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

D W Tunnel

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:57 pm

I've heard there is construction work going on inside the tunnel. Does anyone know if it's causing traffic delays?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Re: D W Tunnel

Post by Bryce » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:47 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:57 pm
I've heard there is construction work going on inside the tunnel. Does anyone know if it's causing traffic delays?
Not only delays, but they close the entire thing down on some weekends. Check ahead.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:51 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:47 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Not only delays, but they close the entire thing down on some weekends. Check ahead.
I'm crossing around mid-day on a week day. I think I'd better go via Sarnia.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:08 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:51 pm
Bryce wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:47 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
I'm crossing around mid-day on a week day. I think I'd better go via Sarnia.
Why not cross the Ambassador Bridge? It wouldn't be that bad at that time of day...

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:16 am

Just wait for the Gordie Howe Bridge to open! lol j/k

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:31 am

I suggest checking Google Maps before departing. Simply type "London, ON to Toledo, OH" in the search box.

Of course, traffic is dead this morning given the holiday, but at the moment, the following two routes have identical travel times (3 hrs on the nose to Toledo):
-ON-402 to Sarnia, to I-94 W, to I-96E, to I-75 south.
-ON-401, to ON-3 W, to Ambassador Bridge, to I-75 south.

What day are you driving, TT? I-696 westbound in Macomb County is scheduled to reopen January 7 or 8, which will alleviate some congestion from I-94.

Personally, I'd choose Windsor over Sarnia. If you go via Sarnia and the Bluewater Bridge is backed up, you're screwed. If you go via Windsor, you at least have two border crossing choices.

I would recommend having a passenger look at a traffic map on a smartphone (if you don't have on-screen navigation in your car) before approaching either of the two Windsor border crossings.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:57 am

Here's a great resource from the Canadian government:

https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/border-times-us

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:42 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:31 am
I suggest checking Google Maps before departing. Simply type "London, ON to Toledo, OH" in the search box.

Of course, traffic is dead this morning given the holiday, but at the moment, the following two routes have identical travel times (3 hrs on the nose to Toledo):
-ON-402 to Sarnia, to I-94 W, to I-96E, to I-75 south.
-ON-401, to ON-3 W, to Ambassador Bridge, to I-75 south.

What day are you driving, TT? I-696 westbound in Macomb County is scheduled to reopen January 7 or 8, which will alleviate some congestion from I-94.

Personally, I'd choose Windsor over Sarnia. If you go via Sarnia and the Bluewater Bridge is backed up, you're screwed. If you go via Windsor, you at least have two border crossing choices.

I would recommend having a passenger look at a traffic map on a smartphone (if you don't have on-screen navigation in your car) before approaching either of the two Windsor border crossings.
Traveling Thursday, Crossing some time before noon. I want to avoid the I 75 construction in Detroit, so I've narrowed it down to two options.

Cross at Sarnia. Take 94 west to 275 south.

Cross at the tunnel. Take 75 north to 94 west.

It appears that the tunnel work is only being done at night and on weekends.

I prefer crossing at Windsor rather than Sarnia. I always like to top up the tank just before leaving Canada. In Windsor I pass by lots of stations. In Sarnia I have to get off the highway and find one.

We don't have a smart phone.

Or a smart driver. :razz

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic