Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Elissa "party before country" Slotkin

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Elissa "party before country" Slotkin

Post by Matt » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:56 pm

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 820078002/

Slotkin had a moment of honesty and admitted she's a party before country girl. Hopefully this gaffe pushes Bishop over the top.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

JackAttack FM

Re: Elissa "party before country" Slotkin

Post by JackAttack FM » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:25 pm

That's exactly how every one of your posts reads as Matt about the GOP.

Thanks to the dysfunction of intelligence of the current GOP I'm not going to be able to vote for any Republicans for the first time in over 40 years.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:03 am

Another patriot going to congress who will kick Trump’s teeth in.
And smile while doing it.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:28 pm

screen glare wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:03 am
I thought it was country before party? If she doesn't want to be a one-termer, she'll go along with the President more often than not.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:59 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:28 pm
screen glare wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:03 am
I thought it was country before party? If she doesn't want to be a one-termer, she'll go along with the President more often than not.
Probably not.. it's a suburban district... those are in the process of changing from red to blue and have been for some time. The process accelerated in 2018 BECAUSE of Trump not in spite of him.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:01 pm

I would be curious to know which Oakland County communities are included in her district. The portions of Oakland County lying along & south of Square Lake Rd. have been leaning Democrat in national elections for a while now. Looks like the same is becoming increasingly true of congressional & state legislature races.

Trump is unpopular in Oakland County. Several of the Republican candidates who lost this week said as much.

Now, if we were talking Macomb County, the story would be significantly different.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:38 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:01 pm
I would be curious to know which Oakland County communities are included in her district. The portions of Oakland County lying along & south of Square Lake Rd. have been leaning Democrat in national elections for a while now. Looks like the same is becoming increasingly true of congressional & state legislature races.

Trump is unpopular in Oakland County. Several of the Republican candidates who lost this week said as much.

Now, if we were talking Macomb County, the story would be significantly different.
How blue collar is Macomb? It’s surely more so than Oakland...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic