Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Rand Paul Calls McCain A War Hawk...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Rand Paul Calls McCain A War Hawk...

Post by audiophile » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:03 am

http://thehill.com/policy/international ... -in-charge

Interesting dispute between the two. Paul seems to backing Trump.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Re: Rand Paul Calls McCain A War Hawk...

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:28 am

audiophile wrote:http://thehill.com/policy/international ... -in-charge

Interesting dispute between the two. Paul seems to backing Trump.
At least McCain has the balls to call The Donald out... Steve Bannon and company are not conservatives but are playing the base like a foolish fiddle anyway... Trump just listens to Bannon... Trump's brain if you will?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:09 am

It sort of makes sense that Paul would support Trump.

Paul is a limited government guy.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:42 am

audiophile wrote:It sort of makes sense that Paul would support Trump.

Paul is a limited government guy.
And Trump is a Liberal Democrat playing to his base under the management of a limited government white Nationalist... their views hardly line up in reality... then again who knows what position The Donald will take next...

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:10 am

Personally, I think McCain has a difficult time wrapping his head around the fact that T Rump was elected president and he wasn't. Coupled with the nasty remark T Rump made about McCain during the campaign, (remember, the remark that was supposed to derail T Rump's campaign) I'm sure there is some amount of bitterness seeping out of him.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:31 am

Bryce wrote:Personally, I think McCain has a difficult time wrapping his head around the fact that T Rump was elected president and he wasn't. Coupled with the nasty remark T Rump made about McCain during the campaign, (remember, the remark that was supposed to derail T Rump's campaign) I'm sure there is some amount of bitterness seeping out of him.
Or he's an old school Republican who knows the far right when he sees it... his reaction to that crazy lady in 2008 who started calling Obama a Muslim at a rally (far right conspiracy theory) was to take the mic back immediately and refute the charge... he knows when things are going to be bad for business... Trump started this thing deeply underwater... if anything he has to tack to the center if he wishes to be re-elected or not have his party take losses in 18... Bannon won't let him get out of the Breitbart (the "information" there was so whacked out I almost threw my phone after 5 minutes) lane...
Last edited by Deleted User 8570 on Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:35 am

Probably so Bryce.

Trump knows how to use a modern electronic devices and they may have made the difference in the elections.

Is McCain still using a manual typewriter?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic