Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michael Flynn Resigns

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 8570

Michael Flynn Resigns

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:13 pm

Flynn is out as National Security Advisor. National Security Council Chief of Staff and Trump Campaign Advisor Retired Lt. General Keith Kellogg steps in as Interim National Security Advisor...
Last edited by Deleted User 8570 on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TC Talks

Re: Michael Flynn Resigns

Post by TC Talks » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:33 pm

One down 38 to go... Let's work on Bannon next.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:05 am

"I'll choose the best people for my administration"
- Donald Trump

This stooge chose a guy that couldn't hang onto his job for a month...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:50 am

Flynn is a registered democrat.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

sgt schultz

Post by sgt schultz » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:14 am

TC Talks wrote:One down 38 to go... Let's work on Bannon next.
Now that's the spirit :lol: You alt lefties are way too much.

an open mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:19 am

audiophile wrote:Flynn is a registered democrat.
Yes but he was an outspoken Trump supporter, trafficked in conspiracy theories and generally opposed everything Democrats stood for... hardly matters what his registration was at that point...

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:01 am

NS8401 wrote:
audiophile wrote:Flynn is a registered democrat.
Yes but he was an outspoken Trump supporter, trafficked in conspiracy theories and generally opposed everything Democrats stood for... hardly matters what his registration was at that point...
Absolutely.

To put a finer point on this, there's nothing "political" about exercising good judgement. I'm troubled when I see people (Trump obviously among them) get starry-eyed and swoon at the image of Flynn in his tailored uniform sporting fuzzy over-sized epaulets, sleeve insignia's, dinner-plate sized ribbon field and such as the model of all that's good and right when in fact that Black or Hispanic kid wearing a hoodie and sweatpants wiping your car down after it's gone through the car wash almost certainly possess more character and integrity than Donald Trump's selection to be a part of the National f'n Security Council.

If that weren't enough, Petraeus, yet another Central Casting military guy who can't seem to keep his mouth in check, is being considered for the post.
No, the question is not politics, it's having the capacity to make good decisions.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:30 am

What exactly did Flynn do that was wrong? Maybe, and I say maybe, misleading the VP?

The guy was set to become the National Security Adviser. Why the hell wouldn't he be having conversations with people from other nations? Everyone is making a deal out of the Russian conversation, but he had calls/contacts with at least a dozen others.

My opinion, he should have came out and said, "Damn right I had a conversation with the Russian ambassador. I also had conversations with many other ambassadors. I was set to become the National Security Adviser and needed to be able to hit the ground running."

Boom. Non-issue.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:45 am

Bryce wrote:What exactly did Flynn do that was wrong? Maybe, and I say maybe, misleading the VP?

The guy was set to become the National Security Adviser. Why the hell wouldn't he be having conversations with people from other nations? Everyone is making a deal out of the Russian conversation, but he had calls/contacts with at least a dozen others.

My opinion, he should have came out and said, "Damn right I had a conversation with the Russian ambassador. I also had conversations with many other ambassadors. I was set to become the National Security Adviser and needed to be able to hit the ground running."

Boom. Non-issue.
Let me help you with your education, snowflake.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan_Act

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:48 am

Bryce wrote:What exactly did Flynn do that was wrong? Maybe, and I say maybe, misleading the VP?

Boom. Non-issue.
And if that's how you feel this went down (it's not quite as simple as you think) then surely you feel the same way about Obama speaking to Medvedev... you derided that one when it happened...

Flynn likely violated the Logan Act which prohibits private citizens from negotiating with foreign governments... but lying to Pence was the real deal breaker here... Flynn is a slimeball of a guy anyways...

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:03 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Seriously? Name ONE person ever prosecuted under the Logan Act.
In general, the Act is intended to prevent unauthorized American citizens from interfering in disputes or controversies between the United States and foreign governments. Although attempts have been made to repeal the Act, it remains law and at least a potential sanction to be used against anyone who without authority interferes in the foreign relations of the United States.
How exactly is a private individual capable of interfering in foreign relations? If I gave Vlad a call back in the day and told him how I felt about the current administration would I have been guilty? Or, would it be understood that I was speaking on behalf of ME and MY opinion and it held absolutely no weight with the current administration and therefore impossible to create "interference in the foreign relations of the United States.

Interesting that the Alt-Left of the time had no issue with Ted Kennedy, George McGovern, or Jesse Jackson interfering with United States interests.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:09 pm

Bryce wrote:Seriously? Name ONE person ever prosecuted under the Logan Act.
Yet it still exists, and unlike some "Horses shall wear diapers on Sundays" statute, I take matters like this seriously. Apparently so do others as evidenced by Flynn's resignation. Had you considered that the potential for blackmail concerns expressed the the DOJ and others was more than simple embarrassment but that there may be enough evidence to pursue Logan Act charges? Not a good look for a National Security Adviser.
Last edited by Lester The Nightfly on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:10 pm

Bryce wrote:
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Seriously? Name ONE person ever prosecuted under the Logan Act.
In general, the Act is intended to prevent unauthorized American citizens from interfering in disputes or controversies between the United States and foreign governments. Although attempts have been made to repeal the Act, it remains law and at least a potential sanction to be used against anyone who without authority interferes in the foreign relations of the United States.
How exactly is a private individual capable of interfering in foreign relations? If I gave Vlad a call back in the day and told him how I felt about the current administration would I have been guilty? Or, would it be understood that I was speaking on behalf of ME and MY opinion and it held absolutely no weight with the current administration and therefore impossible to create "interference in the foreign relations of the United States.

Interesting that the Alt-Left of the time had no issue with Ted Kennedy, George McGovern, or Jesse Jackson interfering with United States interests.
Very considering it was passed in 1799...

Did I say it was likely? No.

But you're a letter of the law guy... if he was not yet NSA then clearly he would still be a private citizen and be in violation of the law for talking sanctions with the Russian Ambassador... or does the letter of the law and following it not count now? Maybe it only counts when THEY do it? But when a guy on the right does it there's a thousand excuses for why it's ok? If I had made any arguments (excuses?) like you made above I would have been excoriated by you...

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:35 pm

Not at all...

Again, I fail to see how conversations held by a private individual could be construed to interfere and be in violation of the intent of this act.

No one seems to mention the law broken by the political hack that leaked this information. Hmmm

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:54 pm

Bryce wrote:Not at all...

Again, I fail to see how conversations held by a private individual could be construed to interfere and be in violation of the intent of this act.

No one seems to mention the law broken by the political hack that leaked this information. Hmmm
Things leak all the time...

If he's negotiating with the Russians to reduce sanctions on them once Trump takes office but he is doing so in an unofficial capacity (not yet NSA) then he is still a private citizen and is interfering in the relations between the USA and another government, something that the law expressly forbids... this isn't rocket science... it's quite simple actually...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic