Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bush Has Legs

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: Bush Has Legs

Post by audiophile » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:51 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:Pelosi was on one of the Sunday morning talkers this past week. I lasted two minutes before I had to flip the channel in disgust. She claimed Donald Trump nominated someone to the Supreme Court as a "distraction" to take attention away from missteps in other areas.

It was an absurd theory on Pelosi's part.

Picking a Supreme Court nominee for an open seat would've been an urgent priority for ANY incoming President. What did Pelosi want Donald to do - wait six or eight months???

In the two minutes where I licensed to Pelosi's rambling, I determined she must've already consumed about ten cups of coffee that morning. Holy cow, was she wound up!!!
She is has to close to meltdown in the core.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Re: Bush Has Legs

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:20 pm

In regards to Russian sanctions Pelosi erred and Trump and co. were right:
WASHINGTON (AP) — Democrats didn't wait to assemble the facts before they accused President Donald Trump of rewarding "thugs" in the Russian intelligence service by lifting certain sanctions. The facts don't support them.

The Trump administration on Thursday revised sanctions on the Russian intelligence service, FSB, to correct an unintended consequence of broader penalties placed on Russia by President Barack Obama. That prompted a hair-trigger response from Rep. Nancy Pelosi, the House Democratic leader, and others.

PELOSI: "Less than two weeks after walking into the White House, President Trump lifts sanctions on the Russian Security Service. Vladimir Putin's thugs meddle with an American election, and President Trump gives them a thank you present. "

REP. ERIC SWALWELL, D-Calif: "Russia attacked our democracy. It should be punished. Instead, President Trump is easing sanctions against its team of hackers, the FSB." He added

TRUMP: "I haven't eased anything."

SEAN SPICER, Trump press secretary: "Regular course of action."

THE FACTS: They support Trump and his spokesman.

The Dec. 29 sanctions imposed by the Obama administration were not intended to ban the U.S. sale of cellphones, tablets and other consumer electronics to Russia. But they had that effect, by barring U.S. firms from getting the permits needed from the FSB to sell in Russia. The FSB has regulatory as well as intelligence responsibilities.

Trump's change does not materially benefit the FSB, except in a minuscule way. It allows U.S. firms to pay the FSB a required fee of up to $5,000 per year to export encryption-capable consumer electronics to that country. It's of more benefit to the U.S. sellers and Russian buyers of those devices. It's not unusual to fine-tune sanctions to permit certain transactions.

Now, the Treasury Department will allow "certain transactions" with the FSB "that are necessary and ordinarily incident to requesting certain licenses and authorizations for the importation, distribution, or use of certain information technology products in the Russian Federation."

Democrats in particular are incensed at alleged Russian hacking of their party's communications in the campaign. And lawmakers from both parties have been watching for a sign that Trump will try to ease Obama's Russian sanctions in a consequential way, given his cozy rhetoric about Putin during and after the campaign. This isn't it.

Republican Sen. John McCain, hawkish on Russian sanctions, shrugged off the revision as an apparent "technical fix." The same thought was voiced by Democrat Jake Sullivan, a senior policy adviser to Hillary Clinton, who said in a televised interview that former Obama administration officials viewed the Trump move as "a technical correction."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic