Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Could The GOP Be In Danger of Going The Way of The Wigs?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 8570

Could The GOP Be In Danger of Going The Way of The Wigs?

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Interesting article from the Boston Globe wondering how bad the civil war in the GOP might get between its different factions...

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politic ... story.html

craig11152

Re: Could The GOP Be In Danger of Going The Way of The Wigs?

Post by craig11152 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:11 pm

The answer to your question: Could The GOP Be In Danger of Going The Way of The Wigs? I would say evidently not. :blink
I no longer directly engage trolls

jry

Post by jry » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:27 pm

No... The Dems have reduced themselves to a regional party and given what Trump has already done with Unions AND will do in the urban areas, the Dems are toast. It's almost over. They'll be relegated to a fringe party of liberal special interests.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:39 pm

jry wrote:No... The Dems have reduced themselves to a regional party and given what Trump has already done with Unions AND will do in the urban areas, the Dems are toast. It's almost over. They'll be relegated to a fringe party of liberal special interests.
The GOP is in its golden age... it has NEVER been stronger than now...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:46 pm

craig11152 wrote:The answer to your question: Could The GOP Be In Danger of Going The Way of The Wigs? I would say evidently not. :blink
Well Bernie needs a Wig...
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:39 pm

jry wrote:No... The Dems have reduced themselves to a regional party and given what Trump has already done with Unions AND will do in the urban areas, the Dems are toast. It's almost over. They'll be relegated to a fringe party of liberal special interests.
Trump has done nothing to the Unions YET. Wait until he keeps his campaign promise to enact Right to Work legislation Nation wide. That will do nothing to endear him to the Unions. He has told the Corporations he will cut regulations to make it more attractive to do business in the U.S.. No doubt, Labor standards and employee protections will be among the regulations he scraps.

It's called the race to the bottom.
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

Deleted User 7769

Post by Deleted User 7769 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:31 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Trump has done nothing to the Unions YET. Wait until he keeps his campaign promise to enact Right to Work legislation Nation wide. That will do nothing to endear him to the Unions. He has told the Corporations he will cut regulations to make it more attractive to do business in the U.S.. No doubt, Labor standards and employee protections will be among the regulations he scraps.

Oh yes. You're so right. He's the first and only President to EVER invite Union heads into the Oval Office. He exited the TPP and will sign an Executive Order making way for the rebuilding of America's infrastructure... a move that, quite frankly, has pissed off a number of republicans because it WILL favor the unions.

You keep singing your progressive song, there pal. Whatever gets you through the night.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:33 pm

Turkeytop wrote:

China here we come...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:44 pm

radiodoc wrote:Oh yes. You're so right. He's the first and only President to EVER invite Union heads into the Oval Office. He exited the TPP and will sign an Executive Order making way for the rebuilding of America's infrastructure... a move that, quite frankly, has pissed off a number of republicans because it WILL favor the unions.

You keep singing your progressive song, there pal. Whatever gets you through the night.
My Union has given Trump our limited support with respect to his trade policies. But we will fight him ever step of the way on his regressive and racist, anti-worker, anti-women, anti-science, anti-freedom agenda.
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:55 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
radiodoc wrote:Oh yes. You're so right. He's the first and only President to EVER invite Union heads into the Oval Office. He exited the TPP and will sign an Executive Order making way for the rebuilding of America's infrastructure... a move that, quite frankly, has pissed off a number of republicans because it WILL favor the unions.

My Union has given Trump our limited support with respect to his trade policies. But we will fight him ever step of the way on his regressive and racist, anti worker, anti women, anti science, anti freedom agenda.
And that's the irony... many people may well hate what he does other than trade... and if it costs us jobs doing all this fooling around then he's toast.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:52 am

I think the proper spelling is Whigs.

(although many Whigs wore wigs)
Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:17 am

Calvert DeForest wrote:I think the proper spelling is Whigs.

(although many Whigs wore wigs)
Oops... excellent point.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:42 am

The democrat party is the minority party at every single level of government, and in most cases by large margins.

Executive branch - Republican
Senate - Republicans 52-46 over Democrats
House - Republicans 240-193 over Democrats
Governors - Republicans 33-16 over Democrats
State legislatures (by state) - Republicans control 32 states, Democrats control 12 (rest are split)
State legislatures (by chamber) - Republicans control 67, Democrats control 31

So lets break those numbers down into percentages...

Executive Branch - 0% democrat control
Senate - 46% democrat control
House - 44% democrat control
Governors - 32% are democrat
State Legislatures - 22% are under democrat control

So which party is going the way of the Whigs? I can't find definitive cumulative stats, but this looks like the worst shape the democrat party has been in in well over 100 years.

But it's ok NS8401 - you can continue to live in a fantasy world where the republican party is on the cusp of ruin and democrats are stronger than ever.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:13 am

bmw wrote: But it's ok NS8401 - you can continue to live in a fantasy world where the republican party is on the cusp of ruin and democrats are stronger than ever.
Did you bother to read the linked story? Did you note the date of the original post? Because if you did I don't know how you make that statement now.

I just resurrected this post because it was curious how things were looking a couple days before the election. All NS8401 did was ask the question based on a Boston Globe story.
I no longer directly engage trolls

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:33 am

bmw wrote:The democrat party is the minority party at every single level of government, and in most cases by large margins.

Executive branch - Republican
Senate - Republicans 52-46 over Democrats
House - Republicans 240-193 over Democrats
Governors - Republicans 33-16 over Democrats
State legislatures (by state) - Republicans control 32 states, Democrats control 12 (rest are split)
State legislatures (by chamber) - Republicans control 67, Democrats control 31

So lets break those numbers down into percentages...

Executive Branch - 0% democrat control
Senate - 46% democrat control
House - 44% democrat control
Governors - 32% are democrat
State Legislatures - 22% are under democrat control

So which party is going the way of the Whigs? I can't find definitive cumulative stats, but this looks like the worst shape the democrat party has been in in well over 100 years.

But it's ok NS8401 - you can continue to live in a fantasy world where the republican party is on the cusp of ruin and democrats are stronger than ever.
Did you really miss this when I posted it 3 months ago or when I said exactly what you said 2 days ago in the same thread?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic