Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

America's One Extreme to the Other

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

America's One Extreme to the Other

Post by screen glare » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:24 am

Jimmy Carter won the presidency because he was honest. No charisma. No good looks. No great leadership skills.

After Richard Nixon Americans were starving for honesty. So Carter got the nod.

Now - after Obama's cool headed, classy demeanor - even as racists tried to bait him - voters were starved for "that good ol'" George C. Patton rough shod white guy spit in your eye approach.

They were starved for a fast talkin' firey egomaniac. So Trump has gotten the nod.

Trump has proved himself entertaining by launching war against sacred cows - our American free press, and our American intel agencies.

After voters have had their bellies full of his "bull in a china closet" words and actions, who will you select to be your President #46? Who embodies the exact opposite of Trump's most overiding character traits, and appearance?

Because whenever we've had one extreme we seem to next elect the opposite. Like incurious W. ... followed by thoughtful O.

Mega Hertz

Re: America's One Extreme to the Other

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:12 am

You know what, though, Glare?

Speaking with my brother last night, I came to the conclusion I would take another four years of George W. Bush over Trump. Both Bush and Obama are guys I could see myself associating with if not for being politicians. Trump? He was that guy in high school that stuffed kids into lockers, slept with all the cheerleaders, and laughed about it while getting hammered at a kegger. Definitely a guy I'd avoid at all costs.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:17 am

Mega Hertz wrote:You know what, though, Glare?

Speaking with my brother last night, I came to the conclusion I would take another four years of George W. Bush over Trump. Both Bush and Obama are guys I could see myself associating with if not for being politicians. Trump? He was that guy in high school that stuffed kids into lockers, slept with all the cheerleaders, and laughed about it while getting hammered at a kegger. Definitely a guy I'd avoid at all costs.
I'll second that motion...

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:17 pm

And what's wrong with sleeping with cheerleaders?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:25 pm

They snore :lol

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:24 pm

Bryce wrote:And what's wrong with sleeping with cheerleaders?
They can be kind of like a used car... pretty on the outside and all worn out on the inside...

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:49 pm

zzand wrote:They snore :lol
But are quite cute while doing it. :blink

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:50 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Bryce wrote:And what's wrong with sleeping with cheerleaders?
They can be kind of like a used car... pretty on the outside and all worn out on the inside...
Well, there's that. Some folks would rather drive a used Lamborghini than a brand new mini van though.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:33 pm

In my experience the guys who've had cheerleaders in their families ... moms, sisters, daughters ... are the ones who know most about cheerleaders.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:01 am

Mega Hertz -

Truer to his cowardly con man MO -
Trump is more like the guy who paid to watch another kid stuff someone in a locker, braged that he slept with all the cheerleaders but didn't, and enjoyed photographing his addicted brother get hammered at a kegger so he could persuade daddy that he was the son worthy of dad's dough.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:24 pm

Even some of my steadfast Republican friends agree that Mr. Trump has backed himself into a corner. He has made so many pie-in-the-sky promises on the campaign trail that he will now be expected to deliver on. Nothing new as every candidate does this, but the Donald has taken it to a whole new level and been able to sell it as a sure thing. His faithful are expecting concrete results....not within the first 100 days, but the first 100 minutes. Even with a GOP-controlled House and Senate, many legislators within his own party (like Paul Ryan) have indicated that he will not have a rubber stamp. Should this be the case, it may very well turn out that his greatest asset (his supporters) could become his greatest liability. That is, unless he is able to convince them that he is always in the right, and anyone who opposes him is always in the wrong. Considering how far he has advanced thus far, I can't underestimate his ability to somehow pull it off, but I guess we'll see.

The way I see it, people voted for Trump because they are unhappy in one way or another with their current situations, and they have been convinced that he alone can magically fix whatever struggles they experience. That's a tall order for one man, not to mention a far-from-realistic expectation. He has sold it, however, and now his supporters are expecting prompt delivery. The real question isn't how many of his promises will make it to fruition, but whether those policies will really improve people's lives to the extent he has promised they will.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:26 am

Trumps best option would be to resign in 101 days.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:04 am

I agree with all who feel the previously enthralled are now mostly despondent with the post election direction. Should he resign or be removed, I'm confident a collective sigh of relief would be heard from even his most ardent supporters.

I have a question. I suppose I could Google it, but I'll be lazy and ask it here. Let's suppose all of Congress all join hands across the aisle, do a rousing rendition of Kumbaya, and decide to get rid of him. What reasons do they need, with a united front, to impeach? How serious a charge must be brought forth, if Congress is all in?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:37 am

Circle Seven wrote:What reasons do they need, with a united front, to impeach? How serious a charge must be brought forth, if Congress is all in?
Article II. Sec 4. COTUS:
“The President, Vice President, and all civil officers of the United States shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors.”

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:58 am

Bryce wrote:
Circle Seven wrote:What reasons do they need, with a united front, to impeach? How serious a charge must be brought forth, if Congress is all in?
Article II. Sec 4. COTUS:
“The President, Vice President, and all civil officers of the United States shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors.”
Fairly vaugue...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic