Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump's Challenge: Put Men Back To Work

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: Trump's Challenge: Put Men Back To Work

Post by audiophile » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:20 pm

Plate Cap wrote:I know it's not politically correct to say things like this.....but:

Why would someone get up and go to work every day when there are options to receive money if you choose not to?

All you have to do is lower your expectations of lifestyle, blame those that are indeed willing to work for taking all the money, and point to various racial and social issues as the reason. Politicians wisely pander to these groups, giving them false hopes in exchange for votes, all the while having no intention whatsoever of changing anything.

When we grow the courage to address some of these matters, thing will get a little better. There will always be 'the poor', but perhaps fewer that are comfortable with it if there are less options.
I have a friend that owns a few fast-food restaurants down south. He said when the welfare checks roll in he is flooded with business, and at the same moment of time he has employee high-employee absenteeism, especially in the newer hires.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:41 pm

audiophile wrote:
Plate Cap wrote:I know it's not politically correct to say things like this.....but:

Why would someone get up and go to work every day when there are options to receive money if you choose not to?

All you have to do is lower your expectations of lifestyle, blame those that are indeed willing to work for taking all the money, and point to various racial and social issues as the reason. Politicians wisely pander to these groups, giving them false hopes in exchange for votes, all the while having no intention whatsoever of changing anything.

When we grow the courage to address some of these matters, thing will get a little better. There will always be 'the poor', but perhaps fewer that are comfortable with it if there are less options.
I have a friend that owns a few fast-food restaurants down south. He said when the welfare checks roll in he is flooded with business, and at the same moment of time he has employee high-employee absenteeism, especially in the newer hires.
When the check come in is when those folks can afford to go out and shop and get food etc. In a grocery store you see cart loads to last the entire month at check time.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:08 am

The welfare money is good enough they no longer show up to work.

Essentially these folks are double-dipping and lazy.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:15 am

audiophile wrote:The welfare money is good enough they no longer show up to work.

Essentially these folks are double-dipping and lazy.
Such is the situation they find themselves in. Though in those jobs changing your staff out every three months is routine. The ultimate in transient work.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:16 pm

A lot has been said on this thread about upper class, middle class, and lower class, as defined by income.

I posed the question but no one took it up. When did income become the yardstick for measuring one's class? I know countless low income people who have far more class than the Bernie Madoffs or the Donald Trumps of this world.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:32 pm

Turkeytop wrote:A lot has been said on this thread about upper class, middle class, and lower class, as defined by income.

I posed the question but no one took it up. When did income become the yardstick for measuring one's class? I know countless low income people who have far more class than the Bernie Madoffs or the Donald Trumps of this world.
I couldn't answer that... it's been going on since the industrial revolution... growing as technology has and upward mobility became common... early 20th century I think if I had to hazard a guess...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic