Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Hey Obama - the 80's Called...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

Re: Hey Obama - the 80's Called...

Post by screen glare » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:42 pm

Still focused on Trump vs Clinton, are we?

(Forget trying to get some of these poster to see the real issue, NS.

It's a waste of time, energy, and good sense.

They're in a deep smug sleep - which is exactly the comfort zone Putin wants them in. They have zero desire or smarts to appreciate what every US security agency, and both political parties in the Senate and House now know.)

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:08 pm

Hell, even Rolling Stone thinks something stinks to high heaven...

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/fe ... ks-w458439
This dramatic story puts the news media in a jackpot. Absent independent verification, reporters will have to rely upon the secret assessments of intelligence agencies to cover the story at all.
Many reporters I know are quietly freaking out about having to go through that again. We all remember the WMD fiasco.
"It's déjà vu all over again" is how one friend put it.
You can see awkwardness reflected in the headlines that flew around the Internet Thursday. Some news agencies seemed split on whether to unequivocally declare that Russian hacking took place, or whether to hedge bets and put it all on the government to make that declaration, using "Obama says" formulations.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:09 pm

Bryce wrote:Hell, even Rolling Stone thinks something stinks to high heaven...

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/fe ... ks-w458439
This dramatic story puts the news media in a jackpot. Absent independent verification, reporters will have to rely upon the secret assessments of intelligence agencies to cover the story at all.
Many reporters I know are quietly freaking out about having to go through that again. We all remember the WMD fiasco.
"It's déjà vu all over again" is how one friend put it.
You can see awkwardness reflected in the headlines that flew around the Internet Thursday. Some news agencies seemed split on whether to unequivocally declare that Russian hacking took place, or whether to hedge bets and put it all on the government to make that declaration, using "Obama says" formulations.
To hedge or not to hedge...

Deleted User 7769

Post by Deleted User 7769 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:23 pm

I just love it when liberals will NEVER admit responsibility for any screw up or miscalculated decision their arrogant leadership has ever made. They just turn it around and say ... "well what about when Republicans did this?"

Here's an idea: look in the damn mirror.

Fools.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:41 pm

radiodoc wrote:I just love it when liberals will NEVER admit responsibility for any screw up or miscalculated decision their arrogant leadership has ever made. They just turn it around and say ... "well what about when Republicans did this?"

Here's an idea: look in the damn mirror.

Fools.
Not at all... it's all one coin with mirrored sides...

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:20 pm

Thank you Bryce for the link to the Rolling Stone article. This is exactly the point I'm trying to make in another thread. Of course, your linked article makes the point much more eloquently than I can.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic