Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Elderly Now Targets In E Pluribus Unum Attacks

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Shuts Up

Elderly Now Targets In E Pluribus Unum Attacks

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:04 pm

I see this attitude even on this board. The Elderly aren't worth being alive. Elderly (defined as 50+ to the young whippersnappers here) not worth programming radio stations for. Then they complain when somebody does program to them. Perpetrator and victim demographics are obvious though not mentioned. All the commenters know. Surprised CBS hasn't taken them down. Perhaps staffing issues on December 24? Then they wonder why people voted for DJT, who might actually give unskilled workers hope for a chance, compared to HRC, who just regards them as deplorable. Blame the Russians. Blame Wikileaks. But the problem is obvious to just about anyone no matter how the Left obfuscates. TC Talks, not everyone is capable of getting a college degree, unless the classes are watered down cookbooks for the subjects they teach. So don't tell me that is the solution for that many people.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2016/1 ... ery-store/

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Deleted User 8570

Re: Elderly Now Targets In E Pluribus Unum Attacks

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:05 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:I see this attitude even on this board. The Elderly aren't worth being alive. Elderly (defined as 50+ to the young whippersnappers here) not worth programming radio stations for. Then they complain when somebody does program to them. Perpetrator and victim demographics are obvious though not mentioned. All the commenters know. Surprised CBS hasn't taken them down. Perhaps staffing issues on December 24? Then they wonder why people voted for DJT, who might actually give unskilled workers hope for a chance, compared to HRC, who just regards them as deplorable. Blame the Russians. Blame Wikileaks. But the problem is obvious to just about anyone no matter how the Left obfuscates. TC Talks, not everyone is capable of getting a college degree, unless the classes are watered down cookbooks for the subjects they teach. So don't tell me that is the solution for that many people.

Your point was?

I don't remember anyone here EVER bringing this up either... let alone defining "elderly" as 50+...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:53 pm

NS8401 wrote:
TC Shuts Up wrote:I see this attitude even on this board. The Elderly aren't worth being alive. Elderly (defined as 50+ to the young whippersnappers here) not worth programming radio stations for. Then they complain when somebody does program to them. Perpetrator and victim demographics are obvious though not mentioned. All the commenters know. Surprised CBS hasn't taken them down. Perhaps staffing issues on December 24? Then they wonder why people voted for DJT, who might actually give unskilled workers hope for a chance, compared to HRC, who just regards them as deplorable. Blame the Russians. Blame Wikileaks. But the problem is obvious to just about anyone no matter how the Left obfuscates. TC Talks, not everyone is capable of getting a college degree, unless the classes are watered down cookbooks for the subjects they teach. So don't tell me that is the solution for that many people.

Your point was?

I don't remember anyone here EVER bringing this up either... let alone defining "elderly" as 50+...

I guess I'm well past the 50+ threshold, but I too have difficulty finding the point in this. Must be the onset of dementia.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:30 pm

These days I think it's 70 or maybe 75... people live so much longer than before...

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:08 pm

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:26 pm

Not the whole story, Mo, but an important part of it. The Democratic Party has divided the nation along several demographic dimensions, and has convinced these groups that there is a zero sum game where Elderly White Straight Christian (usually Males) somehow have taken away what rightfully belongs to these Democrat constituents. The truth is that 99% of these Elderly...people have been struggling for decades to make a living. In Marie's case, I suspect it was like my Elderly White Straight Jewish former neighbor who owned a delicatessen shop (they really did, this is not a made up stereotype) who lamented that he and his wife made less than minimum wage when you considered the profit divided by the number of hours they put in at the delicatessen and doing paperwork. They closed the deli before an incident like this could happen. But with the current 1600 regime never having had a real job or business experience, they just don't understand the real world. They can only divide people.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:16 am

As someone who is a member of that coterie (the over 50s) I have some thoughts. We were the baby boomers. For decades we were the largest, most powerful demographic in our society. After our generation began there was a boom in home building to accommodate our families. Then came the boom in building schools as we suddenly started to overcrowd the available schools. When we came of age we all wanted cars, causing a boom in the auto industry. With the expanding auto industry came good, high paying jobs for us. Then, as we started to get married, along came another housing boom.

We were the generation to whom broadcasters targeted their programs, because their advertisers wanted to get their message to us.

Now, suddenly, we don't matter anymore. Although most of us are finally debt free and have money to spend on things other than the necessities of life, they are no longer interested in us. They would rather talk to the 25 year old, still living in his Mom's basement, without even a regular job, much less any disposable income.

After being pandered to all of our lives, it sucks to find out we don't count anymore. But that's just the way it is.

Note to self: Get over it.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:04 am

Note to self: If you EVER thought you were important to a bunch of greedy strangers in board rooms - other than as a dime-a-dozen cog in their business plan - you did nothing but set yourself up for a great big let down.

You are and always will be important to those you serve - with unending love. Your family members. Your pets. And friends who become like family.

Nobody other than you gives a nickle about your awards, your name recognition, your degrees, your title, your age, or any symbol of attainment in any venue through which you journey.
You might be caught up in keeping a meaningless score in your head.

The sooner you understand AND ACCEPT your true priceless value - the happier, more satisfied, and grateful you will be.

Forget Baby Boomer and every other branding with which you've been saddled.

You are a servant. One on one. Helping, holding, healing. With no expectation of return.

It's your HIGHEST calling. Everything else is just a vehicle - to those one on one opportunities.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:08 am

TC Shuts Up wrote:Not the whole story, Mo, but an important part of it. The Democratic Party has divided the nation along several demographic dimensions, and has convinced these groups that there is a zero sum game where Elderly White Straight Christian (usually Males) somehow have taken away what rightfully belongs to these Democrat constituents. The truth is that 99% of these Elderly...people have been struggling for decades to make a living. In Marie's case, I suspect it was like my Elderly White Straight Jewish former neighbor who owned a delicatessen shop (they really did, this is not a made up stereotype) who lamented that he and his wife made less than minimum wage when you considered the profit divided by the number of hours they put in at the delicatessen and doing paperwork. They closed the deli before an incident like this could happen. But with the current 1600 regime never having had a real job or business experience, they just don't understand the real world. They can only divide people.
If Obama owned his own business he might have become annoyed with all the red-tape. Lawyers do not generally make good politicians, they want to make more red-tape that benefits them and their lawyer friends.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:10 am

screen glare wrote:Note to self: If you EVER thought you were important to a bunch of greedy strangers in board rooms - other than as a dime-a-dozen cog in their business plan - you did nothing but set yourself up for a great big let down.

You are and always will be important to those you serve - with unending love. Your family members. Your pets. And friends who become like family.

Nobody other than you gives a nickle about your awards, your name recognition, your degrees, your title, your age, or any symbol of attainment in any venue through which you journey.
You might be caught up in keeping a meaningless score in your head.

The sooner you understand AND ACCEPT your true priceless value - the happier, more satisfied, and grateful you will be.

Forget Baby Boomer and every other branding with which you've been saddled.

You are a servant. One on one. Helping, holding, healing. With no expectation of return.

It's your HIGHEST calling. Everything else is just a vehicle - to those one on one opportunities.

Oh, I know I was never important,. But I was a member of a block of consumers ,who, because of our numbers, were important to them. They wanted the dollars we represented. Now, suddenly, we don't matter to them anymore.

They see us now as a looming problem. In another twenty years, our health care costs will star to explode. They'll have to rush out and build more nursing home beds for us. Residents of nursing homes are no longer consumers. They don't buy cars, frozen dinners, or TVs. They don't make any spending decisions. Therefore, they don't matter.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:48 am

Time to start O.F.Union.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic