Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
zzand

Re: YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

Post by zzand » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:15 pm

So when did the Democrats quit being the party of the people? Being on the other side I don't follow their inner workings much..Some say it was after LBJ, others insist Clinton was the end of the line and changed the party message.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:32 pm

zzand wrote:So when did the Democrats quit being the party of the people? Being on the other side I don't follow their inner workings much..Some say it was after LBJ, others insist Clinton was the end of the line and changed the party message.
When Obama came along the internals of the party doubled down on focusing on minorities of all kinds. The Outward image Obama projected in 2008 and 2012 was still for the average guy though. But in truth starting with W the Democrats have been losing blue collar workers just as their jobs have been leaving. Kind of a weird parallel.

Especially considering how the inner workings of the GOP most certainly don't have middle or lower class interests at heart. As several people have noted these people vote against their economic interests in electing Republicans. I suppose they trade that for cultural interests or something. In truth the GOP doesn't care about those either.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:56 pm

zzand wrote:So when did the Democrats quit being the party of the people? Being on the other side I don't follow their inner workings much..Some say it was after LBJ, others insist Clinton was the end of the line and changed the party message.
The wheels came off under Obama. Of course he's pimpin' 22's with rubber's...

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic