Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Do You Discuss Politics on Social Media?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**

Do You Discuss Politics on Social Media?

Yes. I want others to know my views and I think it's a great way to get people involved.
22%
No. My views are personal and I don't think everyone needs to know. Besides, the environment is too volatile and unpredictable.
78%
What's social media?
No votes

Total votes: 9

screen glare

Re: Do You Discuss Politics on Social Media?

Post by screen glare » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:05 am

Social media is a turn off. Call me a killjoy, but I can't bring myself to be attracted to the trivia of your daily life or the ability to share mine.

And to constantly monitor all of it.

What you are about to eat or drink, what your kids are doing, what your pets are doing, your vacation photos, etc. It's like those Christmas "letters" people send each year documenting what each family member has done since last January. Or Christmas postcards that are really just kid and/or pet photos.

I'm simply not interested.

It would probably work better if those personal and family photos and trivia were shared with only one's
very best friend or closest family circle.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:34 am

screen glare wrote:Social media is a turn off. Call me a killjoy, but I can't bring myself to be attracted to the trivia of your daily life or the ability to share mine.

What you are about to eat or drink, what your kids are doing, what your pets are doing, your vacation photos, etc. It's like those Christmas "letters" people send each year documenting what each family member has done since last January. Or Christmas postcards that are really just kid and/or pet photos.

It would probably work better if those personal and family photos and trivia were shared with only one's very best friend or closest family circle.
Everything you said here is a common complaint I here. But the thing is, social media is what you make of it. Nobody forces you to post daily. Nobody forces you to have 1,000 or more friends or followers. Social media can be enjoyable and much more manageable by simply limiting the size of your friends list.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:45 am

bmw wrote:
screen glare wrote:Social media is a turn off. Call me a killjoy, but I can't bring myself to be attracted to the trivia of your daily life or the ability to share mine.

It would probably work better if those personal and family photos and trivia were shared with only one's very best friend or closest family circle.
Everything you said here is a common complaint I here. But the thing is, social media is what you make of it. Nobody forces you to post daily. Nobody forces you to have 1,000 or more friends or followers. Social media can be enjoyable and much more manageable by simply limiting the size of your friends list.
For many it becomes a competition for who has the biggest uh... friend list.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:35 pm

bmw wrote: For many it becomes a competition for who has the biggest uh... friend list.
The term "friend list" is a misnomer. Most of these lists are made up of people one rarely interacts with or has ever interacted with on a personal level.

Perhaps a more appropriate term would be "audience list".

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic