Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Prediction: Trump will win the general election.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
JackAttack FM

Re: Prediction: Trump will win the general election.

Post by JackAttack FM » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:31 am

NS8401 wrote:
JackAttack FM wrote:
To put up what exactly? Potential saviors are turning it down and the Stop Trump Express is limping into its next station on a low battery... There is no chance they dump him and their fortunes improve. The damage is done.
What are you even talking about? Have you watched or read the news before you posted? Or did this just sound cool when you wrote it?
Who are they going to nominate instead? Romney said no. Ryan said maybe next time. Sasso declined. That random lawyer William Kristol found said no. A few others said no. It really looks highly unlikely they'll get much traction with it. The idea to unbound the delegates on conscience grounds has been kicking around for a couple weeks now but it's iffy at best that it can get through the rules committee. If they did it then it's only for 2020 and beyond. They wouldn't suddenly become competitive in 2016 and have a chance to beat Hillary by doing this because they'd alienate many Trump supporters and be in an even bigger hole. It's a desperate to save the party long term kind of move. I doubt they'll get all the way through with it.
To answer your other question... Yeah I pay attention to this stuff... I was just trying to be cute.
I still have no idea what you're talking about. Who the hell is Sasso?
And Bill Krystol has been grasping at anti-Trump straws with any idea.
And I'm not talking third party run either, that's a fantasy

This has gone down to the delegates. Which is where the elected GOP leadership wants this to start from. The politicians do not want any culpability for dumping Trump. They're distancing themselves from Trump while saying its all up to the delegates. Which gives the delegates cover to make a change.

There will be an effort to change the nominee at the convention.
The chairs appointed to the rules commitee are Ron Kaufman, a Trump delegate but, a Bush guy and Enid Mickelsen a Cruz delegate from Utah where Trump is very unpopular.
And now you've got a push out of the Colorado delegation to make the rule changes. Behind that is a multi-million dollar ad campaign lead by a Republican operative in Detroit to tell delegates they can vote for who they want.

To say nobody is available to replace Trump is ridiculous. You've got three guys who have not released their delegates. And any Republican with a name could step in and become, "the savior of the party."

The bottom line is money.
Trump is not raising enough money and donors are backing away.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:28 pm

Trump is at 1542 delegates. That is +305 over what is required. You really think there's a chance that not only do they get a rule change, but that over 300 delegates will jump ship?

That is such a long shot that even sports books are no longer offering action on who will be the nominee.

Denying Trump the nomination at this stage in the game would not save the party - it would destroy it.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:47 pm

L. O. Effing. L!!!

You've got Republicans that won't vote for the Republican candidate, and you've got Democrats that won't vote for the Democrat candidate. Cluster, meet fuck. I swear, you cant WRITE this kind of shit!
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:56 pm

bmw wrote:Trump is at 1542 delegates. That is +305 over what is required. You really think there's a chance that not only do they get a rule change, but that over 300 delegates will jump ship?

That is such a long shot that even sports books are no longer offering action on who will be the nominee.

Denying Trump the nomination at this stage in the game would not save the party - it would destroy it.
1. Trump is shit.

2. Trump is unqualified to be President.

3. Clinton would be less damaging than Trump.

4. Trump doesn't have a chance in hell to win.

5. Dumping Trump could give Republicans at least a chance.

Was that simple enough for you?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:34 pm

Matt wrote:
bmw wrote:Trump is at 1542 delegates. That is +305 over what is required. You really think there's a chance that not only do they get a rule change, but that over 300 delegates will jump ship?

1. Trump is shit.

2. Trump is unqualified to be President.

3. Clinton would be less damaging than Trump.

4. Trump doesn't have a chance in hell to win.

5. Dumping Trump could give Republicans at least a chance.

Was that simple enough for you?
All correct but #5 is real iffy... The damage may have been done.
FM wrote:Who the hell is Sasso?
Oops... Ben Sasse the junior senator from Nebraska was being asked to run recently at the convention but he said no just like everyone else including Ryan who was the biggest target. Dumping Trump at this stage will look awful and desperate. The damage has been done already.

Can you name me a viable person that could replace him? Rubio is not gonna do it. Cruz is waiting till 2020.. Maybe Kasich? Otherwise you need a white knight and everybody that's been asked has said no because they don't want to run in a hopeless and career ending campaign.

They only reason they would try this is for the future of the party. All the major donors with the exception of Sheldon Adolson have focused on the senate and given up on the White House.

Let's face facts: you folks blew it already if you wanted to stop him.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:42 pm

I am betting that the GOP will be dramatically different in 2020, and most of the candidates this season will be gone in the next term. Ted Haney Cruz got an impressive 11%, and this hate monger was the second place candidate? It's unknown what your hot mess of a party will become.

People are fed up with NOTHING GETTING DONE and the Republican control Congress.

I hear that Clarence Thomas wants to go RVing, and will be out soon after the election.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:47 am

It doesn't matter what I think. These are events that are taking place.
The GOP is maneuvering themselves into a position to dump the guy at the convention.
And it doesn't matter what Vegas thinks either. They're out to make money.

Is it possible hundreds of delegates could vote their "conscience"?...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

There's 127 unbound delegates. Which leaves Trump 1,415 bound. Which puts you at about 180 delegates that would need to be allowed to vote their "conscience." And only 57 votes needed on the rules committee to allow them to do that.
When you put the actual numbers in front of this, anything is possible.

And thinking that not choosing a nominee who can barely get out of the 30's in polls, can't raise enough money and by his rhetoric can't campaign with other Republicans is going to wreck the party is absurd.

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:08 am

Oops... Ben Sasse the junior senator from Nebraska was being asked to run recently at the convention but he said no just like everyone else including Ryan who was the biggest target. Dumping Trump at this stage will look awful and desperate. The damage has been done already.

Can you name me a viable person that could replace him? Rubio is not gonna do it. Cruz is waiting till 2020.. Maybe Kasich? Otherwise you need a white knight and everybody that's been asked has said no because they don't want to run in a hopeless and career ending campaign.

They only reason they would try this is for the future of the party. All the major donors with the exception of Sheldon Adolson have focused on the senate and given up on the White House. 
Sasse? A 44 year-old former consultant freshman senator... that's a joke right?
Let me say this again, I'm not talking third party or a third candidate run. That's fantasy.
Get off the blogs.

You keep asking who could become the nominee. I posted like six guys and a possible running mate in another post already. Make up your own list.

And there's more then just one major GOP donor sitting out this election because of Trump.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:42 am

JackAttack FM wrote:

Let me say this again, I'm not talking third party or a third candidate run. That's fantasy.
Get off the blogs.

You keep asking who could become the nominee. I posted like six guys and a possible running mate in another post already. Make up your own list.

And there's more then just one major GOP donor sitting out this election because of Trump.
I looked around... Where did you post a list again? I couldn't find one... It's got to be awfully short... Maybe that's why I can't find it?

There's nobody big that wants to run in his place.

Ryan, Romney and Cruz are all out. Kasich and Rubio would seem to not have much chance of being asked or of winning. Rubio is about to run for reelection to the senate instead.

Maybe Jeb? Maybe somebody nobody has heard of?

I was saying every major donor but Adelson is not supporting Trump. Adelson committed $100 million to help Trump.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:40 am

NS8401 wrote:
JackAttack FM wrote:

Get off the blogs.

I looked around... Where did you post a list again? I couldn't find one... It's got to be awfully short... Maybe that's why I can't find it?

Ryan, Romney and Cruz are all out. Kasich and Rubio would seem to not have much chance of being asked or of winning. Rubio is about to run for reelection to the senate instead.

I was saying every major donor but Adelson is not supporting Trump. Adelson committed $100 million to help Trump.
I don't recall seeing a list either.

Also, keep in mind that people turned down running as an independent. If there was a chance to be the Republican nominee, I can see Mitt Romney for sure willing to give it another go. Jeb, Kasich, Rubio, and Cruz would also likely be interested.

If Trump is replaced, it will be interesting to see how he reacts and holds up his deal he made with the Clintons to throw the election in her favor.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:15 am

Matt wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
JackAttack FM wrote:

Get off the blogs.

I don't recall seeing a list either.

Also, keep in mind that people turned down running as an independent. If there was a chance to be the Republican nominee, I can see Mitt Romney for sure willing to give it another go. Jeb, Kasich, Rubio, and Cruz would also likely be interested.

If Trump is replaced, it will be interesting to see how he reacts and holds up his deal he made with the Clintons to throw the election in her favor.
Cruz wants to run in 2020... Do you think taking over all of a sudden would hurt that?

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:30 am

4 of your 6 won't do it... That leaves Bush or Kasich, but again it looks bad to do that at this stage.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:25 am

I don't know what Matt and Jack are smoking, but I want some of it :smokin

There is absolutely NO WAY Trump gets dumped at the convention. Zero chance. Not gonna happen. You're living in fantasy land if you think this is anything beyond a fantasy. What this movement amounts to is some crybaby politicians who are throwing a temper tantrum over the voter's choice of a candidate. And nobody ever gets their way as a result of throwing a tantrum.

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:15 pm

NS8' wrote:4 of your 6 won't do it... That leaves Bush or Kasich, but again it looks bad to do that at this stage.
Which four will not? Where does that come from? And why does it look bad at this stage and where does that come from?
And isn't that what you need Ohio and Florida.

BTW, these are politicians we're talking about. I could count on one hand the number I've covered and seen that have said one thing and haven't done another.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic