Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

White House to Public Schools: You May Lose Funding

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Mega Hertz

White House to Public Schools: You May Lose Funding

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat May 14, 2016 2:11 am

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/05/13/us ... l?referer=

Caught this while flipping around tonight and saw it on "The Kelly File". Didn't see it covered here, so pardon me if it's been brought up elsewhere.

This is where I draw the line, personally. With our nation's schools already piss-poor, and test scores already lacking, I find it somewhat silly that the White House has issued a seemingly threatening edict demanding that schools recognize this or face losing already needed funding (or at the very least, funding that could be used appropriately). Perhaps the mandate of adding this into current sex ed courses is one thing, but it sounds to me like there's a little too much "stepping on toes" happening.

I'm still on the fence about the whole issue, as I discussed with Bryce a few weeks ago, but I'm pretty sure they have over stepped their bounds on this portion. A point was raised that there's the possibility of 14-year-olds of different sexes using the same bathroom. Now, when I was of middle school and high school age, we only wish we'd have had a "loophole" such as this one to find a way to get your boyfriend/girlfriend/crush (whatever) alone in a place to...um..."shtoop". This could be going on, and the minute someone is exposed, all it takes is the crying foul of "discrimination!". I certainly don't want any kid to be made to feel freakishly different, God knows there's enough pressure and trouble in trying to fit in as it is. But I think the Obama Administration is pushing this a little to far by dangling that financial carrot over the schools. And since they are generally tax-payer funded, I see an entirely different shit show appearing when it comes to that and precious Blaine and Hunter and Dylan's education.

Audiophile...what's your stance on homeschooling again?

Sidebar: that Megyn Kelly...sure is easy on the eyes and is no dummy. Loved the way she handled that "cocaine mouth" Lt. Governor from Texas. Sure was nice of him to shut up occasionally to let her speak.

I'm definitely curious to hear both sides of this argument. I know if there was a way to protect kids from the molesters and crazies, I would see this whole thing as a non-issue and say use any facility you feel comfortable in. Unfortunately, there are some sick bastards looking to take advantage of this, and that's my sticking point. But I guess if a bastard is sick enough, they'll find a way to get what they're after nonetheless.

Edited to add last paragraph.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

audiophile

Re: White House to Public Schools: You May Lose Funding

Post by audiophile » Sat May 14, 2016 8:05 am

I think Homeschooling is good in many cases, if at least one parent can focus on it.

Government has become worthless because of political correctness. Charter schools are better because they have escaped some of that, for now, and they can filter the incoming students a bit.

I support vouchers, and putting the power back to the parents. (Or if nothing else you should be able to get a partial exemption on schools taxes from your primary home, if you have school age kids that are schooled outside of public schools).

This is a states-right issue the feds needs to leave education entirely to the locals. In other words, Obama get the heck out.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat May 14, 2016 8:24 am

Mega Hertz wrote: A point was raised that there's the possibility of 14-year-olds of different sexes using the same bathroom.
There's more to it than just the bathroom. The way I read the "edict" from the President is that it is to include locker rooms, showers as well as sports teams. all under Title IX.

High school boys across america are headed to the wig shop today. :razz
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat May 14, 2016 8:38 am

Maybe is Barack Obama is perv like Bill Clinton?

Then there is this:
http://www.redflagnews.com/headlines-20 ... on-twitter
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat May 14, 2016 9:02 am

Watch as the sky doesn't fall and we all wake up tomorrow with no further issues than we had today... Film at 11.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat May 14, 2016 9:47 am

NS8401 wrote:Watch as the sky doesn't fall and we all wake up tomorrow with no further issues than we had today... Film at 11.
This is how they are dealing with Ted Cruz losing. With all this political anxiety built up, they had to direct it somewhere.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat May 14, 2016 2:53 pm

TC Talks wrote:
NS8401 wrote:Watch as the sky doesn't fall and we all wake up tomorrow with no further issues than we had today... Film at 11.
This is how they are dealing with Ted Cruz losing. With all this political anxiety built up, they had to direct it somewhere.
Oh no, don't even try that. I have no pony in this race, sir. And to insinuate that Cruz, of all the candidates (in a group of people that included John Kaisich, who at at least appeared professional and presidential) would have been one of, if not THE guy, well...that is mighty foolish on your part, TC.

Bryce raised the point of it including showers and locker rooms, etc. Ironically, the sharing of the bathrooms would be safer than the corner Target store, as the attendees of a school, the population doesn't vary; same people, generally same age range, and if something funny was to go down, it would be a very short investigation to find the persons involved. The locker rooms and showers are what bothers me, and that it sounds to me that the White House is hinting at cutting funding (as to how exactly this is even possible, and what kind of funding would be cut?) is quite the tactic. I suppose the fact that my youngest sister turns 13 in a few days does play into my questioning of teenage boys and girls sharing a shower...if only myself and the girl I was dating when we were 15 had this opportunity! :razz

Of course, I came across this on Fox News, so there's always the possibility it didn't go down like that. Or they're presenting this as a comment that they took out of context and built the story like that. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if it was. However, I brought it up here to see if anyone else heard about it, or maybe they knew more about it. Instead of information or discussion, or even setting the record straight, I am met with this:
And TC's crack about Cruz...you must have me confused with someone else. Not once in this campaign or at anytime in the past have I ever considered Ted Cruz as any sort of potential leader or president, and frankly, I'm sort of surprised he made it this far. He's always came off to me as a used car salesman. Just saying the right things to make a sale. No substance or character to be found anywhere near the man. I'm actually somewhat insulted. By hinting at someone who would be upset that Cruz won't be the next top dog is really the same as calling someone a dip shit. And Clinton and Sanders are really just a different smell of the same turd.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat May 14, 2016 3:15 pm

Sadly, the latest development in this situation is about much more than who uses which facility, who has a wiener and who doesen't and who may want to get rid of theirs depending on how they personally feel.

This is about a President, and Justice Department, that feels it can rule by fiat, like some tin pot dictator, rather than go through Congress to change or add to a law. Time and time again this President and Justice department act as they are above the law. No matter your personal feeling on this matter you have to realise that it is dangerous to give one person this kind of power over the Country and individual sovereign states.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat May 14, 2016 3:25 pm

Bryce wrote:Sadly, the latest development in this situation is about much more than who uses which facility, who has a wiener and who doesen't and who may want to get rid of theirs depending on how they personally feel.

This is about a President, and Justice Department, that feels it can rule by fiat, like some tin pot dictator, rather than go through Congress to change or add to a law. Time and time again this President and Justice department act as they are above the law. No matter your personal feeling on this matter you have to realise that it is dangerous to give one person this kind of power over the Country and individual sovereign states.
If you don't wake up tomorrow and hear birds chirping, see green grass and there's somebody waiting outside your door to jail you for no reason we can talk. Otherwise please stop insinuating the sky is falling when nothing of the sort is happening. I'm sick of both sides drumming up faux controversies like this to get attention.

G G

Post by G G » Sat May 14, 2016 4:38 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Bryce wrote:Sadly, the latest development in this situation is about much more than who uses which facility, who has a wiener and who doesen't and who may want to get rid of theirs depending on how they personally feel.

If you don't wake up tomorrow and hear birds chirping, see green grass and there's somebody waiting outside your door to jail you for no reason we can talk. Otherwise please stop insinuating the sky is falling when nothing of the sort is happening. I'm sick of both sides drumming up faux controversies like this to get attention.
Don't try to avoid the question Hertz raised, lib boy. Instead of rational discussion on The Occupier forcing innocent children to do as he says, you make snide remarks. Just like that sicko FredLeonard, it appears you are okay with children barely old enough to drive sharing showers, doing Lord only knows what.

Hertz, I know you are generally in the middle on most things, and I commend you for bringing this up. President Foodstamps is forcing his lib agenda on children now because Americans have woken up and rejected these kinds of things. This is why a Conservative will win this November. We are tired of the libs in this country and their Godless way . And to threaten to withhold funds from schools, which is money the hard working taxpayers put in, he has dipped his hand into that pot as well. January 20, 2017 can't come fast enough.

Almost 8 years of the Occupier and Americans don't even know which bathroom to use!
Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat May 14, 2016 4:57 pm

G G wrote:
NS8401 wrote:

Don't try to avoid the question Hertz raised, lib boy. Instead of rational discussion on The Occupier forcing innocent children to do as he says, you make snide remarks. Just like that sicko FredLeonard, it appears you are okay with children barely old enough to drive sharing showers, doing Lord only knows what.

Hertz, I know you are generally in the middle on most things, and I commend you for bringing this up. President Foodstamps is forcing his lib agenda on children now because Americans have woken up and rejected these kinds of things. This is why a Conservative will win this November. We are tired of the libs in this country and their Godless way . And to threaten to withhold funds from schools, which is money the hard working taxpayers put in, he has dipped his hand into that pot as well. January 20, 2017 can't come fast enough.

Almost 8 years of the Occupier and Americans don't even know which bathroom to use!
Did it take all the time you were gone to come up with that? We appreciate your entertainment GG...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun May 15, 2016 9:53 pm

If all you can complain about (besides the stable economy, low unemployment, restored real estate market) is Obama's effort to create fair and equal treatment, I really feel sorry for you.

― Matt

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun May 15, 2016 9:59 pm

TC Talks wrote:If all you can complain about (besides the stable economy, low unemployment, restored real estate market) is Obama's effort to create fair and equal treatment, I really feel sorry for you.

Thou shalt not speak ill of Saint Ronnie... Don't you know your religion TC?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun May 15, 2016 10:12 pm

I just revel in the thought of a bunch of toothless white guys loosing their shit over some inconvenient realities of the Reagan administration.
― Matt

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon May 16, 2016 6:44 am

TC Talks wrote:If all you can complain about (besides the stable economy, low unemployment, restored real estate market) is Obama's effort to create fair and equal treatment, I really feel sorry for you.

This is not an accurate statistic. What about Holder's Fast and Furious, GSA's wild spending, Solyndra, Hillary fallout is still brewing, and it may before the next administration before any of this is dealt with...

http://www.akdart.com/obama111.html
and
http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2013/0 ... -counting/
and
and these are Bundlers:
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... as%20life/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic